Author Topic: USA Weekend- Who's News- Vanessa Carlton  (Read 9457 times)

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
Re: USA Weekend- Who's News- Vanessa Carlton
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2009, 12:40:03 pm »
quail dude squaw?? haha have i missed this one?

how indeed

http://forum.nessaholics.com/index.php?topic=9544.0

supposedly that super beautiful mysterious melody we hear on pleased to meet you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5x_o4qkm0g

but i dunno, miracle might be needed. we know studio "all is well" exists. but now she's independent, and i don't know how unreleased track ownership/distribution goes?

its real tough. NIN was trying to release a DVD of their last concert but because they played songs that were mostly from when they were contracted to a record label they denied them. In the end they still released a concert footage however.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

StephanieS

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2009, 02:19:14 pm »
I'm so glad she's producing it herself... She's much more talented the people realize.  When you compare her versions of songs like Who's to Say, with Stephen Jenkins, hers is so much better.  Lets hope her current BF stays out of her music.  Well, he's not a musician so thats good.

AisforAdrn

• Your true colors shown
  • Boots on concrete...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2009, 06:45:34 pm »
what new bf?? i am so behind.
Peace
Adriann

AfterAfterglow

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2009, 04:04:26 am »
I don't know if you guys remember that on wikipedia there was a song listed with the name of "Wave Goodbye".....anyone heard this song before?  Or is this just another messy wikipedia opinion?

amberbeads

• AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2009, 06:39:00 am »
i have heard it. that's how we know about it. it was another song she did with linda perry that was in contention for H&T.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

StephanieS

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2009, 01:40:52 pm »
what new bf?? i am so behind.

Yeah, word is she's with some joke of a guy named Andre Berto or something.  In my opinion V could do WAY, WAY better!   But whatever makes her happy though...

AfterAfterglow

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2009, 10:16:43 am »
Amberbeads (love your screen name! :) ) what did Wave Goodbye sound like?  Im sorry for being so nosy ...  ::)     i know there were guys that had recordings of Best Behaviour and All is Well - studio versions.....  where can we get those? :)

amberbeads

• AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2009, 01:47:08 pm »
it was three years ago so i really don't remember, but i do recall having liked it better than spring street.
there are studio versions of all is well and best behavior but no one has them. at least, i don't know anyone who does. the person who let me listen to his copies is no longer in touch with me.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2009, 06:43:41 pm »
it was three years ago so i really don't remember, but i do recall having liked it better than spring street.
there are studio versions of all is well and best behavior but no one has them. at least, i don't know anyone who does. the person who let me listen to his copies is no longer in touch with me.

Wait.... They exist and youve heard them?

StephanieS

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2009, 08:16:13 am »

[/quote]

[/quote]

So that puts the songs closer to being on the new album?

Nessaholic4Ever

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - none
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2009, 01:13:23 pm »
I'm fine with Best Behavior being a B-side, maybe it can be on a B-side collection one day (ah, dreams) but All Is Well just HAS to be on this album. She put rather old songs like Afterglow, C'est La Vie, Papa, and She Floats on Harmonium, she can put All Is Well on this one. That song is way way way too good to be homeless.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 01:14:55 pm by Nessaholic4Ever »
I waste the days away
Waiting on a new age
But time betrays me
And I get older one more year

charmedguy18

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2009, 11:43:31 pm »

Yes, that's what she said. I disagree with it as well. But we can do absolutely nothing about it. So, let it go or we can close the thread. Not that I have mod privileges (though I should), we don't need any arguments. If there's someone withholding something, then that's their Karma. They'll get what's coming to them and we'll eventually hear the song. It's not heroin and you're not an opiate addict (if you are, then my apologies), so you will live. Just don't start drama, we clear? Thanks so much.

AisforAdrn

• Your true colors shown
  • Boots on concrete...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2009, 11:29:17 am »
isn't Squaw like..a derrogatory term for a native american woman? Sorry still on the quail dude squaw.
Peace
Adriann