Author Topic: Live at the Kiss Soundstage  (Read 9697 times)

Kate

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
Live at the Kiss Soundstage
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2008, 11:08:36 am »
Quote from: "NoelleNC"
I wonder how early this was. She looks reallllly tired & her hair looks a bit greasy. I hope she is doing ok. The second half of the interview she seems more lively. I think she appreciated that they actually knew about her new album, at least a little and seemed to like it :)

She does sound good though :)

yeah I noticed that she doesn't seem to be really happy to be here, her smiles seem to be forced...
"This night under stars, well, I call it peace"
"I walk the street with a song in my head"

Butz

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2008, 01:47:40 pm »
Must've finally realized the harsh truth on how The Inc has fucked it all up.

Poor V, I hope the next label she signs on does her justice! Or she could go indie. Hopefully she'll decide wisely this time.

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2008, 07:13:18 pm »
It was nice to hear some words from V herself about a possible tour with Joshua Radin in the summer.....but sucks that V would open for him.  Mid July. :)!
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2008, 07:24:32 pm »
I really have a belief in the inc records. i think she herself is having a wonderful time [which is most important], and it seems secure and just overall a great place for v to shine because the inc only has hip hop people. what they need to do is hire me as her publicist and i will do wonderfuly.

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2008, 08:40:42 pm »
I honestly don't think shes having a great time. Almost all the pictures or any videos that have come out with her in them in the past few weeks, she just seems so down and stuff. Sure you can say well that was that time, but not when its been a few videos of her live here and there. Shes totally not happy. I have faith in the Inc though but if they don't start doing something like soon that faith is going to depreciate.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

Butz

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2008, 02:47:17 am »
That supposed faith is a waste of time.

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2008, 08:30:48 am »
Yeah, I feel bad for her. She seems to have less popularity than some independent artists. I think she could do well getting on an independent side & maybe touring with some fairly well known indie artists. It would be a different point of view too, I think. Where she is now, being super successful is the goal. Maybe she'd have a better outlook touring with some lesser known artists with a great fanbase.

I was thinking maybe a band like Eisley :) Well, just a band with that kind of following. They do well and I have never heard a song of theirs on the radio or a video of theirs on MTV/VH1 (maybe once or twice). But they are doing well & seem able to keep making beautiful music.

Or Hanson *grin*

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2008, 02:59:38 pm »
I don't think V cares that shes not played on the radio and on TV as much as before..she has a very indie mind set...and she knows what she wants...just between harmonium and this record their were SOOOOO MANY shifts in record labels, going out of business, being bought over, merging with other labels, etc...that when your working with a team of people to promote a record, two weeks later, that team has been let go, assigned to a different project.  Although I think Vanessa would do better on her own label, The Inc. wasn't expecting a HUGE hit out of Vanessa or her A&R team would have done a better job with promo for H&T.  I think Vanessa is happy with The Inc. but I'd be suprised if she releases another album with them.  Lets just say that the only thing different between the Inc. and A&M is that with The Inc she is getting a bigger cut off of album profits....keep in mind that the average major label artist in the 'mainstream' gets sometimes less than 10 percent of royalties.  Sooo unless you are selling millions of albums it's not worth it for the artist.  The bigger the percentage the more money you could make with lets say 60,000 copies?

...Also lets not blame the Inc. for everything.  It takes two to tango.

ps: V is a stoner, they make those kinds of faces and expressions. It happens! ;)
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

SadAsBlue

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2008, 07:24:00 pm »
Quote from: "nutnlp"
ps: V is a stoner, they make those kinds of faces and expressions. It happens! ;)

ahahahaha! :lol:
ENS

Wicked

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2008, 12:08:48 am »
Quote from: "initially_yours"
Awesome.  She sounds great.

And is it just me, or does she change a lyric in "Hands On Me"?

We climb Tibetan mountains,
Where we can barely breathe.
I'll see the Dalai Lama
I'll feel him blessin' me.

Anyone else hear that?

That's the way it is written in the album booklet.

Jordan1612

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2008, 09:39:44 am »
i cant help but think the only reason vanessa signed with the inc is because of the connection she had with irv, and how much he believed in her music.
I guess the blame cant just come down to the record label though.. :?

i like this performance alot though.

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2008, 12:57:22 pm »
Quote from: "Butz"

how can you be a fan and say that? There is nothing wrong with having faith in someone, i am not wasting my time, and just so you know, you just told me to not be faithful in my role model so FUCK YOU.

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2008, 08:11:45 pm »
I'd also like to add that you may think I am stupid or for having faith in Vanessa or anyone,
"its better to be a fool, it takes so much courage"
~Vanessa Carlton.

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2008, 11:32:05 pm »
^^

i think he's talking about The Inc - not V.

Butz

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2008, 05:29:14 am »
Quote from: "iluvvanessa"
Quote from: "Butz"

how can you be a fan and say that? There is nothing wrong with having faith in someone, i am not wasting my time, and just so you know, you just told me to not be faithful in my role model so FUCK YOU.

Chill the fuck out. I indeed was talking about how The Inc is handeling her career.

Jesus! You're really freaky.