Vanessa Carlton > Vanessa Songs / Lyrics / Sheet Music

Heroes and Thieves - "Just when I've figured out"

<< < (3/4) > >>

Twilight_Angel:
it probably was just a mistake..i mean she cant be perfect all the time.
Just most of the time :P

KULPDOGG:
i remember Vanessa saying something about purposly leaving music with little imperfections to make the music seem more real..

like she wasn't some sort of perfect pop production.

portions.for.foxes:

--- Quote from: "KULPDOGG" ---i remember Vanessa saying something about purposly leaving music with little imperfections to make the music seem more real..

like she's wasn't some sort of perfect pop production.
--- End quote ---

Yeah, if you listen to the intro of Where The Streets Have No Name you can hear a note that is struck that sounds off... right at 0:56. I like the little imperfections she leaves in her songs, they're kind of like easter eggs.

Twilight_Angel:
o0o0o its deliberate? well fair enough

portions.for.foxes:

--- Quote from: "LimeTwister" ---Yeah, but if it was overly hard for her to sing, she could easily change it...she's the writer hahahaha.
--- End quote ---

Since Harmonium Vanessa's been challenging herself vocally and learning new techniques. I remember she mentioned having a vocal coach while working on Harmonium, and her coach taught her some techniques which she used on songs like C'est La Vie, and you didn't really see anything vocally like that from her before on Be Not Nobody.

I honestly think she's challenging herself as a writer and as a performer by writing more difficult material, I don't think her mistakes are deliberate this time around with Heroes and Thieves though, I just don't think she can quite pull it off. Regardless, I think it's awesome she's forcing herself to grow and mature as an artist in ways that aren't necessarily easy or comfortable for her.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version