Author Topic: Download *M-A-K-E-L-O-V-E-T-O-M-E* HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 56758 times)

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
Download *M-A-K-E-L-O-V-E-T-O-M-E* HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #60 on: January 01, 2007, 11:04:42 pm »
That's cool then ^^.

Thanks for the info!

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 01, 2007, 11:20:40 pm »
Quote from: "Ghisy"

Well, he did mention Nelly Furtado and Gwen Stefani and said the song should be released as a single (not a Vanessa single though but 7 Aurelius). If I remember correctly, he said this had nothing to do with her album but it's something on the side to make people talk about her again so she can launch her album and people will basically be like "oh but it's Vanessa Carlton!".
Hopefully I didn't make things up cause I don't remember everything from the conversation but it's pretty much it.

haha so I was kind of right with the nelly furtado & single thing saying they could release this as a single. But after listening to it a few times, it's growing on me.

blueglove

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2007, 01:43:43 am »
Lyrics:
MAKE LOVE TO ME Channel 7 featuring Vanessa Carlton:

MAKE LOVE TO ME
MAKE LOVE TO ME
Some kinda way got an attitude about it
Havin' a bad day your the only one who thinks you want it
Make it go away with what I need 'cuz I got it
You don't have to say it 'cuz I already know the story

Yea, she's goin crazy
I need it and I want it now
Get on it baby
Lemme hear you spell it out
MAKE LOVE TO ME
MAKE LOVE TO ME

What do I gotta do to get you into the moment
Giving you all the signs
But you act like you don't want it, baby.
Don't you feel the energy I need you to get on it
Baby just a hint that I'm throwin' around; I'm goin' crazy

She's goin' crazy
I need it and I want it now
Get on it baby
I guess I gotta spell it out
MAKE LOVE TO ME
MAKE LOVE TO ME

As I wait
As I wait
As I wait for you to go {I wait for you}
As I wait
As I wait
As I wait for you to go

MAKE LOVE TO ME
{Launch authorization received}
{Launch authorization received}
MAKE LOVE TO ME
MAKE LOVE TO ME
Peace
-S

blueglove

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: January 02, 2007, 01:49:30 am »
Quote from: "Ghisy"
Quote from: "blueglove"
this is not the version that IRV played for me and Gishy- it was a lot different!!!!!
This is not the same hmm

Hmm, I don't think it was that different. Probably a little less produced since, maybe, the song wasn't completely done yet.
But the song is basically the same.

Quote from: "Laura"
Ghisy, what did Irv say when you told him your opinion?

Well, he did mention Nelly Furtado and Gwen Stefani and said the song should be released as a single (not a Vanessa single though but 7 Aurelius). If I remember correctly, he said this had nothing to do with her album but it's something on the side to make people talk about her again so she can launch her album and people will basically be like "oh but it's Vanessa Carlton!".
Hopefully I didn't make things up cause I don't remember everything from the conversation but it's pretty much it.

The song was more produced in the begining part until the piano solo- then it just stoped, and had a really bad ending. And that was the basic gist of the convorsation. Ivr said that the song is just going to be a single as Channel 7 (7 Arellius) and vanessa is the feature. he said that he was just worried about the true Vanessa fans. I also remember that he was just saying that it will not really hurt her image- people will not even know it was her when they listen but then they will go out and try to ind out because it is an ambigious female voice. Then they will go online find her and get some of her music. This is supposed to be liniar with her cd release....
Peace
-S

Manny

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 02, 2007, 07:17:03 am »
her voice was so edited.. it doesnt sound like her!
sounds like she is raping 8O
but the piano part is cool..

blueglove

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: January 02, 2007, 09:18:16 am »
PIANO PART- SO EASY that NO sheet music needs to be added all it is- is 4 octaves so both hands doing octaves of

D  F  A  C  E  D

D  F  A  B  C

Enjoy
peace
Steven
Peace
-S

« Reply #66 on: January 02, 2007, 10:16:08 am »
There's a lot of people here who are saying Vanessa is just experimenting with the RnB style etc., but, if you look at the big picture, you'll see something else.

She's whoring herself for Gotti who's pimping her to the bubble-gum demographic that she lost due to the poor promotion of Harmonium.

I'm not saying anyone forced her to do this, and she probably had some fun in the process, but the reason it was done has everything to do with image and business and nothing to do with art or exploring a new genre.

I also understand that her actual album won't sound anything like this, but some of the songs might be ruined by overproduction.  The track I heard that Linda Perry produced sounded more like something I'd expect from a crappy Lindsay Lohan album than something from Vanessa.  There were so many extra bells and whistles added to the song that I felt the emotional power of the lyrics were utterly decimated.  I'm hoping the Stephan-produced songs will sound better.

I would have no problem with any of this is I truly felt that it was just a natural musical progression, but there's way too much "other stuff" that's been going on with Vanessa for me to convince myself of that anymore.  

I know this is all pretty harsh, but I've been a big Vanessa fan and Harmonium is still my second favorite album, and I haven't really seen this perspective on the goings on stated in a direct manner, so I figured I'd share my less optimistic take on things.

IMO, Vanessa's white coat has finally turned red.  :(

Feel free to take shots at my opinions starting....now!  :lol:

ManuelD

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 02, 2007, 10:47:50 am »
Quote from: "abbottANDcostello"
There's a lot of people here who are saying Vanessa is just experimenting with the RnB style etc., but, if you look at the big picture, you'll see something else.

She's whoring herself for Gotti who's pimping her to the bubble-gum demographic that she lost due to the poor promotion of Harmonium.

I'm not saying anyone forced her to do this, and she probably had some fun in the process, but the reason it was done has everything to do with image and business and nothing to do with art or exploring a new genre.

I also understand that her actual album won't sound anything like this, but some of the songs might be ruined by overproduction.  The track I heard that Linda Perry produced sounded more like something I'd expect from a crappy Lindsay Lohan album than something from Vanessa.  There were so many extra bells and whistles added to the song that I felt the emotional power of the lyrics were utterly decimated.  I'm hoping the Stephan-produced songs will sound better.

I would have no problem with any of this is I truly felt that it was just a natural musical progression, but there's way too much "other stuff" that's been going on with Vanessa for me to convince myself of that anymore.  

I know this is all pretty harsh, but I've been a big Vanessa fan and Harmonium is still my second favorite album, and I haven't really seen this perspective on the goings on stated in a direct manner, so I figured I'd share my less optimistic take on things.

I think you are overthinking this, Vanessa already said that she wont chage her style, and yeah, some people will think that she sold herself but those opinions will chage after Heroes and Thieves is released. I don't really think that the Linda Perry songs are overproduced but, even if you think they are, you shouldn't worry for the rest of the album because they were recorded about a year before Irv appeared in the picture.

Don't worry too much, I bet you will be pleasantly surprised after hearing the album.

tricia

• Moderators
  • Trust me, I'm a doctor.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2007, 11:18:28 am »
LOL...Vanessa...so awesome

I'm seriously cracking up.  I love it.  hahaha  Oh man...by the way, how can you not tell this is Vanessa's voice?  It sounds just like her...yeah, they did some weird echo-y effects, but dang, her voice just stands out.
I think you underestimate the level of my sneakiness

amberbeads

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
« Reply #69 on: January 02, 2007, 11:44:31 am »
Max, you need to calm down and stop acting like Vanessa took some sort of personal shot at you.
This is a CHANNEL 7 song. NOT a Vanessa Carlton song. Yes, it features her. But I guarantee that more people will say, Have you heard that new song by Channel 7? and not, Have you heard that new Channel 7 song that features Vanessa Carlton? or God I love Channel 7! not God I love Channel 7 featuring Vanessa Carlton!
I really don't think this will do much for her. Cause, you know, the duet with the Counting Crows did so much for her.
Let her have fun, guys. She's allowed to like and embrace hip hop. That doesn't mean she's lost any credibility or talent. We don't know her. She could've loved hip hop this whole time. If you knew before that she was into hip hop, would that have changed your opinion of her?
Honestly, Vanessa is an excellent musician and a super-sweet girl. But it makes me nuts when people put celebrities on pedestals and make them superheroes then get disappointed when they do something that you don't necessarily agree with. She does not conduct herself to please everyone on nessaholics.com. She conducts herself to please Vanessa. Good for her, she has that right. Let her be. Listen to Harmonium alone in your room and dream of the old days. But accusing Vanessa of "whoring herself" and selling out or whatever over ONE song that she probably had a LOT of fun recording because it is not the norm for her is selling her SHORT.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

charmedguy18

« Reply #70 on: January 02, 2007, 11:57:55 am »
Quote from: "abbottANDcostello"

The only song that everyone has heard that's been recorded is This Time. It didn't seem overproduced to me. It sounded so great, personally This Time is my favorite of the new songs. And it might not even be on the album, which is sad.

Have you heard some recorded things that others haven't?

Martin.

• Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #71 on: January 02, 2007, 01:40:09 pm »
The thing with this industry of music is, you can be here one day and gone the next. Like someone said, Vanessa is a business woman and she has to put her career and what's best for herself first. Unfortunetley, people do not appreciate REAL music anymore. When you see a music video, there's always something sexual going off, whether it's women grinding down on men, or just simply women wearing a lack of clothing.

As we all know, Vanessa is a smart woman and she understands and knows what we, her fans, want from her. She knows the type of sound we want and I honestly believe she'll stay true to herself. I think that because she's now signed up to The Inc, however, she's been able to broaden her horizons and grow as a musician and Irv has helped her by doing this.

The single "M-A-K-E-L-O-V-E-T-O-M-E" is a very different sound for Vanessa and people on other forums like the song, which is a good thing. I understand where Irv is coming from when he says that he hopes it'll get a buzz around her and get people asking. Hell, I've already had people asking me who she is, so the song is doing something right at least.

This is 2007 and you're aware of how fickle the music industry is. Vanessa is doing something that will help her in the long run. I'm sure this isn't a permanent position she's chosen to direct her music in, or that she's about to sell out or anything like that, I just think she's made a smart business decision and had fun with it along the way.

GO VANESSA!

« Reply #72 on: January 02, 2007, 02:25:04 pm »
Quote from: "amberbeads"
Max, you need to calm down and stop acting like Vanessa took some sort of personal shot at you.
This is a CHANNEL 7 song. NOT a Vanessa Carlton song. Yes, it features her. But I guarantee that more people will say, Have you heard that new song by Channel 7? and not, Have you heard that new Channel 7 song that features Vanessa Carlton? or God I love Channel 7! not God I love Channel 7 featuring Vanessa Carlton!
I really don't think this will do much for her. Cause, you know, the duet with the Counting Crows did so much for her.
Let her have fun, guys. She's allowed to like and embrace hip hop. That doesn't mean she's lost any credibility or talent. We don't know her. She could've loved hip hop this whole time. If you knew before that she was into hip hop, would that have changed your opinion of her?
Honestly, Vanessa is an excellent musician and a super-sweet girl. But it makes me nuts when people put celebrities on pedestals and make them superheroes then get disappointed when they do something that you don't necessarily agree with. She does not conduct herself to please everyone on nessaholics.com. She conducts herself to please Vanessa. Good for her, she has that right. Let her be. Listen to Harmonium alone in your room and dream of the old days. But accusing Vanessa of "whoring herself" and selling out or whatever over ONE song that she probably had a LOT of fun recording because it is not the norm for her is selling her SHORT.

It's not just this song that annoys me.  It's everything.  It's that version of This Time that, IMO, turns a decent song into a boring radio song.  It's the way she blindly accepts that Irv just "happened" to show up and just "happened" to love her as if he had no clue who she was...that guy is way too successful to have not known exactly who Vanessa is, what her situation was and that he could make her big again if he pushed her to a bubble-gum demographic that, based on her previous efforts, she isn't really right for.  I have nothing against hip-hop or her doing a hip-hop song.  I actually think it's kind of funny.  But, based on everything that's going on, it just seems that the priority is image and sales and not music...and this song just goes on top of that heap.

I'm still a fan and I'm still looking forward to the next album (although my expectations aren't as high as they once were).  I'm not making any statement about her music (other than I didn't like Perry's This Time).

And I don't put her on a pedestal.  I'm not "Annie." And if I did put her on a pedestal, I wouldn't be questioning what she does.  I'd be supporting her no matter what.  

I do not have anyting against an artist selling a ton of records.  I don't dislike someone for being popular or marketable, and I don't hate Vanessa. I just hate when commerce infringes on art and I feel like that's happening with her now whereas, I didn't in the past.

All that being said, after rereading my post I agree that I am overreacting and selling her short, but all that stuff I wrote in this post is why I reacted the way I did.  But still, I shouldn't say she's whoring herself or a sell-out until I hear the album and see how she goes about promoting herself at that time.  And even if her songs are all overproduced and radio friendly for kids to like doesn't mean I have any right to cut her down if that's what she wants to do.  I just get frustrated when an artist with the potential to make music that I love ends up doing something else.

Sorry for the long post!   :wink:

IfICouldFall

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 02, 2007, 02:44:42 pm »
I played MAKELOVETOME to my friends and they all loved it. Actually, some of the ghetto people said that it was cool, too. I have really high expectations for this and Vanessa (hopefully) will get the attention she deserves!!! :D

IfICouldFall

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 02, 2007, 02:56:57 pm »
Quote from: "medic0803"
her voice was so edited.. it doesnt sound like her!
sounds like she is raping 8O
but the piano part is cool..

you mean rapping right? although raping would be funny. :D  8O