Author Topic: Download *M-A-K-E-L-O-V-E-T-O-M-E* HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 56755 times)

All I Ask2003

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kyyyyyy
    • View Profile
Download *M-A-K-E-L-O-V-E-T-O-M-E* HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #75 on: January 02, 2007, 04:19:57 pm »
i think what many of us are forgetting is that, like one person said, vanessa carlton is a business woman. why do people get jobs doing things they love? to make money and to hopefully enjoy doing things they love.
i know i wouldn't discredit a person in another field of business (for example, web design)if they had changed something they did with their own job or tried something new.
also, it's really unlikely that vanessa has another job, and while, based on her previous record sales, she most likely isn't struggling financially, she is a young woman who needs to KEEP making money.
this song probably seemed like a great way to recapture much deserved attention and to draw in new fans.
vanessa has always come off as a confident person who knows what she wants and what she needs and what she needs to do. so, i think we need to look at this from perspective other than one of the enraged fan at the "sell-out" artist.

by the way...i don't really think vanessa's a sell-out

another thing, one of the points of signing to a major label is to become marketable.  you either want to be a popular artist or think the music you make is going to be popular. there's nothing wrong with it.  if vanessa didn't want to be marketable, she probably would have gone to an indie label instead of a major one.
sig & av by natalie, thank you!

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 02, 2007, 04:22:41 pm »
Quote from: "IfICouldFall"
Quote from: "medic0803"
her voice was so edited.. it doesnt sound like her!
sounds like she is raping 8O
but the piano part is cool..

you mean rapping right? although raping would be funny. :D  8O

Why would raping be funny?

Martin.

• Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2007, 04:26:35 pm »
Quote from: "Laura"

That's what I was just going to ask to.

VaderDawsn

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 02, 2007, 04:43:20 pm »
Forgive my erroneous appraisal of Dido and her career :oops:  I actually bought her first album after hearing the theme on Roswell... I didn't eman to disrespect her..

*I* don't have much of a problem with VC doing different styles to make money (hey, where that bway musical?) and/or explore other genres. i am just concerned with the industry publications who will jump on this like rabid dogs.... There's already some strange gazes based on her switch the INC. Business is competitive.  I just hope she and her people are prepared to deal with what this strategy will entail.

As long as VC doesn't dance around half-naked in a music video to try to sell her talent and music (which many hip hop and pop artists utilize to sel their records), I will support her and be open to like and not like the music she makes. on BNN and Harmonium there are songs I like, there are songs I love, and there are songs I don't like.  This is true for just about all records. Sex sells for cheap, but sensuality keeps people listening and taking you seriously.
-Samantha

For me it's a glance
And a smile on your face
A touch of your hands
An honest embrace - VC, Home

« Reply #79 on: January 02, 2007, 04:46:00 pm »
Quote from: "All I Ask2003"
i think what many of us are forgetting is that, like one person said, vanessa carlton is a business woman. why do people get jobs doing things they love? to make money and to hopefully enjoy doing things they love.
i know i wouldn't discredit a person in another field of business (for example, web design)if they had changed something they did with their own job or tried something new.
also, it's really unlikely that vanessa has another job, and while, based on her previous record sales, she most likely isn't struggling financially, she is a young woman who needs to KEEP making money.
this song probably seemed like a great way to recapture much deserved attention and to draw in new fans.
vanessa has always come off as a confident person who knows what she wants and what she needs and what she needs to do. so, i think we need to look at this from perspective other than one of the enraged fan at the "sell-out" artist.

by the way...i don't really think vanessa's a sell-out

another thing, one of the points of signing to a major label is to become marketable.  you either want to be a popular artist or think the music you make is going to be popular. there's nothing wrong with it.  if vanessa didn't want to be marketable, she probably would have gone to an indie label instead of a major one.

thank you Ronald Reagan.

...I wish I lived and died before the 80s happened.

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 02, 2007, 04:55:29 pm »
I think we should just wait until she releases a single & see what happens. She said the new album is called Heroes & Thieves so she could release that song first, you never know. If that song doesn't sell well, maybe they will go with makelovetome.

Nothing is gonna change with us making a big deal out of it. If the song can grow on me, i'm sure it can grow on anyone cuz I hate almost all hip-hop.

Martin.

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 02, 2007, 04:57:20 pm »
"M-A-K-E-L-O-V-E-T-O-M-E" is getting released anyway as it's 7 Aurelius' new single from his new album 'Channel 7'.

GO VANESSA!

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
« Reply #82 on: January 02, 2007, 05:02:33 pm »
The first time I heard it I didn't like it. The second time I was ok with it. Now I realize I've heard a lot worse come out recently as far as rap music.

I can see the song having some radio success.

As for V doing the chorus vocals, that's a fairly common thing on rap/R&B tracks these days. That doesn't mean she is going to be a rapper now or this is going to have a giant impact on her career for better or for worse. If we hear a track by her that sounds like this, then we can all begin to knee-jerk. Until then, I'm not going to worry about it.  :)
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - anthony_the_great_g6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mattia1045
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
« Reply #83 on: January 02, 2007, 05:07:57 pm »
Quote from: "white_houses"
"M-A-K-E-L-O-V-E-T-O-M-E" is getting released anyway as it's 7 Aurelius' new single from his new album 'Channel 7'.

GO VANESSA!

His name is actually Channel 7 now....he is Channel 7 the artist and 7 Aurelius the producer.

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone
www.freewebs.com/nessfan12<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Manny

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 02, 2007, 05:08:15 pm »
Quote from: "Laura"

it's my bad english   :lol:

Martin.

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 02, 2007, 05:08:30 pm »
Quote from: "PianoPlayer12"

GO VANESSA!

His name is actually Channel 7 now....he is Channel 7 the artist and 7 Aurelius the producer.

Oh yes, I forgot about his name change.

Manny

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 02, 2007, 05:13:45 pm »

GO VANESSA!

yeah.. hopefully she will get more attention since we haven't heard any rap influence in her music, but I like the song  :D

All I Ask2003

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kyyyyyy
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 02, 2007, 06:13:23 pm »
i'm not trying to be offensive or in anyone's face, but i think that since we respect vanessa as a musician we should try to respect her as a business woman as well.
sig & av by natalie, thank you!

liquidblue244

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Adapt
« Reply #88 on: January 02, 2007, 07:25:07 pm »
Personally I think it is good for Vanessa, like these other people said, she  is making a business move, the aim for this single is to reach the "black community" (remember White Chicks, "This is the whitest song ever!") that way she can make more fans. I think the song is catchy, and not all songs on the radio are crappy. I guess it just depends on what you like, if you don't like Vanessa's new stuff because it's not her or whatever bullshit, then that's your own fault, not hers, people change over the year, we can't all stay the same. If V is dabbling into different things - oh well. And I DO NOT think she is WHORING herself to Irv. She is making a business move, as is Irv. It's not whoring yourself if you sign with someone who is going to help your career....IDK that's just my take and I just get pissed when people....oh well. (Nevermind) I just think change is a good thing, and if you don't like it then, ADAPT.

And all the constellations, shine down on you and me...

ManuelD

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Re: Adapt
« Reply #89 on: January 02, 2007, 08:57:38 pm »
Quote from: "liquidblue244"
Personally I think it is good for Vanessa, like these other people said, she  is making a business move, the aim for this single is to reach the "black community" (remember White Chicks, "This is the whitest song ever!") that way she can make more fans. I think the song is catchy, and not all songs on the radio are crappy. I guess it just depends on what you like, if you don't like Vanessa's new stuff because it's not her or whatever bullshit, then that's your own fault, not hers, people change over the year, we can't all stay the same. If V is dabbling into different things - oh well. And I DO NOT think she is WHORING herself to Irv. She is making a business move, as is Irv. It's not whoring yourself if you sign with someone who is going to help your career....IDK that's just my take and I just get pissed when people....oh well. (Nevermind) I just think change is a good thing, and if you don't like it then, ADAPT.

I have to say that I'm starting to like the song and I understand the business movement that she is doing, however if she ever makes and album that has a majority of M-A-K-E-L-O-V-E-T-O-M-E songs I won't buy it, because the reason I became her fan is that her music is diferent from everything else we listen on the radio, and if she looses that I'm not going to spend my money in a cd that I wont listen to.

What makes me happy and keeps me calm is that she already said that she won't chage her style, and we have "Put your hads on me", "Heroes and thieves" and other new songs to trust her words, so I'm not worried.