Author Topic: Promosquad-This Time  (Read 20383 times)

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
Promosquad-This Time
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2006, 08:24:26 pm »
I'm hoping that the beginning "It's 4 AM and I'm wide awake.... And as the light starts creepin in..." just got cut off. Without that first part it would be too short. I'm not sure how I feel about this version yet, I've been so attached to the Living Room live version.

ordinaryday6

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ordinaryday6
    • View Profile
Promosquad-This Time
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2006, 09:10:09 pm »
Quote from: "Ms.Arwen"
I'm hoping that the beginning "It's 4 AM and I'm wide awake.... And as the light starts creepin in..." just got cut off. Without that first part it would be too short. I'm not sure how I feel about this version yet, I've been so attached to the Living Room live version.

oh it'll definitely be there. you can tell that the intro was copy and pasted onto the second verse. i got real confused when i first heard it, because there's definitely not supposed to be drums like that in the first verse, but that's all it was.. they cut off the first verse so it goes intro, 2nd verse, chorus, outro.

Quote from: "MeganJane"
Maybe it's like that to try and make it more "commercial", like other pop songs, to try to make Vanessa "successful" again. (Personally, I define her as successful, as she is doing what she loves and is exceptional at it, but I mean "successful" as in selling lots of CD's).

oh i'm sure that's why they did it. and that's probably the reason why perry's producing stuff on this album. it's just sad, that good music can't be considered sucessful by the music industry. god i hate the music industry. why am i trying to get into it? lol.
Samuel
(he/him)

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
Promosquad-This Time
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2006, 09:55:10 pm »
it's just sad, that good music can't be considered sucessful by the music industry. god i hate the music industry. why am i trying to get into it? lol.

Well said.
"Music produces a kind of pleasure that human nature cannot do without."
-CONFUCIUS

"It is hard. You have to fight for who you are everyday" -VANESSA CARLTON

jsbachsonata

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - jsbach_sonata@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jsbachsonata
    • View Profile
Promosquad-This Time
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2006, 07:51:23 am »
bland.... i'm so dissappointed. Seriously, i think linda perry's style is just bland pop...Don't get me wrong, because linda perry has produced some great songs, but she just doesn't do much for me. Personally, no one wants to hear bland pop music that sounds like childrens' songs, because the rhythms, harmony and melody are not at all exciting nor sophisticated.. "This time" is just boring... I'm very dissapointed. Nessa is basically spitting out reduced versions of "who's to say"'s.

There's no edge to vanessa's music anymore and if this is the type of stuff vanessa is going to put out for her next record, it's just going to slip underneath all the great pop records out there and no one will hear about it. Even though A Thousand Miles wasn't very sophisticated (not a lot of songs are these days), it definitely had some groundbreaking elements: the killer piano riff, killer chord progression hook, killer syncopated string instrumentals, and a very ingeniously rhythmic driven melody that matched the lyrics very well....(you might be surprised that i say "rhythmic driven" but just take a listen again.. and you'll discover that very special element in the song)

Going the route of simplifying your music for the masses is not the way to go... I mean it's true that music can be "too sophisticated" for a pop audience to understand or relate to... but you're not going to go anywhere if you don't make yourself stand out... conformity will never do you any good... the best it can do is get you a one hit wonder.

KULPDOGG

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
Promosquad-This Time
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2006, 08:40:37 am »
:lol:
calm down, people!

this 'version' is merely a simple demo sampler.
its about 1/4th of the real song and part of it is looped, if you didnt notice, the point was just to let people know how Vanessa is currently sounding, and what her new CD might sound like.

this is by no means anything close to the real CD version of This Time.

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
Promosquad-This Time
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2006, 04:08:39 pm »
Quote from: "KULPDOGG"
calm down, people!

its about 1/4th of the real song and part of it is looped, if you didnt notice, the point was just to let people know how Vanessa is currently sounding, and what her new CD might sound like.

THANK YOU

Some of y'all need to calm down. The song ain't even THAT bad. Plus we haven't heard all of it in it's finalised version so we can't comment on whether her album is going to be shit or whatever.

VaderDawsn

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
Promosquad-This Time
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2006, 04:40:30 pm »
Thank you for posting. I am salivating for her next album!  I am going to share this with some friends.
-Samantha

For me it's a glance
And a smile on your face
A touch of your hands
An honest embrace - VC, Home

ordinaryday6

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Promosquad-This Time
« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2006, 05:31:34 pm »
Quote from: "white_houses"
Quote from: "KULPDOGG"
calm down, people!

THANK YOU

Some of y'all need to calm down. The song ain't even THAT bad. Plus we haven't heard all of it in it's finalised version so we can't comment on whether her album is going to be shit or whatever.

i'm not worried about the album sounding like shit. i have confidence in vanessa, as well as stephan's production. and i don't think i'm overreacting. the only thing i'm worried about, is linda perry's production.. i don't know. i just hope that the linda perry tracks that wind up on the album are good enough that i don't skip over them everytime i listen to the album..
Samuel
(he/him)

beerto

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
Promosquad-This Time
« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2006, 05:55:17 pm »
wow. i like it

PutYourHandsOnMe101

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com
Ordinaryday6
« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2006, 07:15:10 pm »
Is this the same version you and amberbeads heard in San Fran ?

Yeah.... I don't think V's done with this song yet.... trust me.... she'll make sound great :D
and if you don't believe me... just Put Your Hands On Me

ordinaryday6

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Re: Ordinaryday6
« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2006, 09:17:38 pm »
Quote from: "PutYourHandsOnMe101"
Is this the same version you and amberbeads heard in San Fran ?

i don't really remember. we were completely stoned by the time we listened to nessa stuff. but i don't think so. i liked this time a lot more before i heard this version, meaning the version i heard before was probably different/better..
Samuel
(he/him)

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
Promosquad-This Time
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2006, 12:40:52 am »
We don't really know how the finalised version will sound until the album is released. But Vanessa has been doing this for awhile now. She's a smart musician. I really can't imagine her letting other people push her around and letting her music suffer as a result. That wouldn't be the Nessa we know. She had to stick to her guns to get signed in the first place, so she could be herself instead of being molded into a more formulaic pop star. I'm sure she won't change too much now. Obviously, she's growing up and will change (or "evolve") somewhat because of that , but I don't think she will "dumb down" her music or lose her edge- because her edge is what makes her special. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
"Music produces a kind of pleasure that human nature cannot do without."
-CONFUCIUS

"It is hard. You have to fight for who you are everyday" -VANESSA CARLTON

saphire

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Promosquad-This Time
« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2006, 04:41:44 am »
Not every song will sound like this version of this time. Hpefully it's the only song she has wrtitten with linda. remeber all is well. She didn't lost her style i believe
The unicorns are riding high
Powerful in coats of white
I turn to look and burn my eyes
I carry on, I carry on

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
Promosquad-This Time
« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2006, 03:05:26 pm »
It sounds awful distorted. :?

But anyway, I like it.  I don't think it's overdone or undernessa.  I am hoping this is just an early take and not the master.
Dustin

Jessica

• VCUBs
  • You aren't tryin'
  • holly golightly meets vampira goth
    • AOL Instant Messenger - strongxlikemusic
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/jessicacordero
Promosquad-This Time
« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2006, 04:05:07 pm »
ehh
*is dissapointed*