Author Topic: After Ellen interview  (Read 8079 times)

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: After Ellen interview
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2011, 04:23:48 pm »
Before KT showed up, the tracklist was something like that: Dark Carousel, I Don't Want to be a Dead Bride, Dear Hell, Get Bad, In the End of the Word :D

LOL.

It made me think instantly of Nightmare Before Christmas.

It made me think of Corpse Bride.

LOL I like those titles.  I thought the same thing though, that I would have liked the darkness of the album! But it will be great no matter what!
~Sara~

VaderDawsn

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2011, 06:10:58 pm »
Thanks for posting the link to this article. I always enjoy learning about the process and inspiration behind the creation of an album.  This interview gives great insight into VC.
-Samantha

For me it's a glance
And a smile on your face
A touch of your hands
An honest embrace - VC, Home

WhiteRabbit

• Your true colors shown
  • 'Cause It's All White On White....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2011, 09:09:42 pm »
Before KT showed up, the tracklist was something like that: Dark Carousel, I Don't Want to be a Dead Bride, Dear Hell, Get Bad, In the End of the Word :D

LOL.

It made me think instantly of Nightmare Before Christmas.

It made me think of Corpse Bride.

LOL I like those titles.  I thought the same thing though, that I would have liked the darkness of the album! But it will be great no matter what!
Hahaha that tracklist... :D

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2011, 09:37:34 pm »
Found this on my Google Alerts today morning.

Two things:

1. She has given like REALLY long answers to many of the questions.
Which I like. It's kinda rare.

2. I kinda didn't like the third degree she was getting about coming out. Like, ya know?
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...

Weisz

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2011, 12:32:16 am »

Two things:

2. I kinda didn't like the third degree she was getting about coming out. Like, ya know?

third degree? Not even close but oh well, it's a gay site so it's obvious a big deal for them. Not in a sensationalist way though. (i bet if she didnt came out she wouldnt even be interview in the first place lol so its all good :))
It's just me....and a drum. brmbrmbrmbrmbrbbrbrbrmmm

Still stars through a window, will they ever know this madness, madness of the

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2011, 01:08:06 am »
I never really thought that V and KT were that close to each other. I thought that they don't have much connection after their expedition to the Artic.

I thought it wrong, I guess.

How thankful I am for KT's comment. It was such a beautiful set of words.

Let the light in, V.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2011, 07:12:17 am »

Two things:

third degree? Not even close but oh well, it's a gay site so it's obvious a big deal for them. Not in a sensationalist way though. (i bet if she didnt came out she wouldnt even be interview in the first place lol so its all good :))

Yea, I thought it was just enough questions and the right questions, not sensationalist ones. The bolded statement you made is true and plus the nature of the website geared toward that subject so why wouldn't they ask those types of questions?  that's why the website exists in the first place.
~Sara~

mysticalmists

• Make me high on lullabies
  • LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGIN.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2011, 11:14:28 pm »
AE: Yes. Have you found that gay organizations or publications have taken a greater interest in you now? Or does it not seem any different? Because I feel like the LGBT community has always enjoyed you.
VC:
I don’t know. I’m a pretty private person, and the more you share about yourself the more people will feel like they can connect to you.
DO SHARE SOME MORE WITH US, V.

Thanks for the interview link! It's always fantastic to get more insight into the album!! I'm glad the light was let in by KT ;)

AlexanderLaska

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2011, 02:01:29 pm »
Loved this interview.

AE: The artists on the label would love you, of course.
VC: I would get along real well with artists.

And Razor & Tie — I needed to create this first, and then whatever relationship I ended up having with any label in the future, which would commence with Razor & Tie, would have to be based on what I’d already created. This is the direction of the rest of my life, this is the beginning of — I woke up. This is it. This is the beginning of a whole new path for me, in a certain way.

This part specifically because it makes me feel that Rabbits On The Run won't be Vanessa's last album

I thought the same exact thing when I read that - that she was feeling like she didn't want to make more albums (didn't she say that she didn't write "Heroes and Thieves" until Stevie pushed her into doing another album?) but now that she's "woken up" she wants to do more music.  Exciting!

PS I love the KT Tunstall bit - she's another one of my favorites, so it's cool to see that they're friends.

And regarding the questions on coming out: After Ellen is an LGBT site so I'm not surprised at all they asked the questions.  Vanessa definitely doesn't seem like the type of person to suddenly become a gay rights hero, though - she just does her own thing, I never considered her to be much of a campaigner or anything.

All in all a very cool interview!

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2011, 07:03:07 pm »
Let's hope for the best.

I feel that she's going to be like Stevie Nicks.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.