Author Topic: All Things "Rabbits on the Run" Due: 06.21.11 -- Now 7.26.11?  (Read 342295 times)

WhiteRabbit

• Your true colors shown
  • 'Cause It's All White On White....
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: "Rabbits on the Run" Thread
« Reply #330 on: January 05, 2011, 08:17:59 pm »
I am checking her twitter more to see more about any updates! :) SO EXCITED :D It's pretty cool to find out she's inspired by something you like too as well like the movie, Watership Down :D

I should watch that movie when the album comes out :P
lol the book was better but the movie was good too!

mysticalmists

• Make me high on lullabies
  • LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGIN.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 07, 2011, 05:24:18 pm »
Yea I think it's from one of those karaoke companies. But sure! Haha. Upload please?
Thanks(:
Sorry for the late reply! Here's the link :)
http://www.mediafire.com/?lbd996b5afs5ubo

Fingers crossed we get some more news from V soon!!

sabasaba

« Reply #332 on: January 11, 2011, 09:30:27 am »
Okay. Apologizing then adding a little zing at the end totally cancels the thoughtful intention...
I think we need to start monitoring some of the attitudes we use of the forum cause I've gotten that "Wow..." feeling several times over the past week. Let's keep it friendly : )

"...adding a little zing at the end."

LOL

sabasaba

« Reply #333 on: January 11, 2011, 09:40:22 am »
Oh God, shouldnt we just open a new thread in another section? This has nothing to do with the album unless Brit is bringing her piano skills on some songs.

:D

sabasaba

« Reply #334 on: January 11, 2011, 09:54:49 am »
lol what the fuck has happened to vanessa carlton's fans?

Seriously.

What exactly are you two referring to?

I think they are referring to the different types of music that "we" seem to be in to.  Like LL and the such.  Which, I personally don't listen to but I suppose the great thing about this country is that you can like whatever you want.  I'm not a pop person, or a rap person (except the real stuff like old skool snoop and dre), but I sure do love me some Sublime...how radically different they are from V.  It does surprise me as well, but not to the point of profanity. And I have never actually listened to LL, so I can't say she is a talentless hack, though I'd like to. LOL! hehe

Yeah, and that's how I took it.

I have to say I'm pretty offended that just because someone is also a fan of Britney etc., there is the assumption that it somehow decreases the value of someone as a Vanessa fan, or the fan base in general, and provokes a reaction like "what the fuck has happened to Vanessa fans", simply because they enjoy someone different from Vanessa. I'm new here, and I don't want to start off on the wrong foot because I'd like to enjoy the coming of the new album on here with everyone, but I just found those two comments really insulting. Listening to and enjoying Britney Spears or Miley Cyrus or Ashlee Simpson or Katy Perry (or anyone else that doesn't fall into the "right" style/genre to pass the musical taste test around here) in no way compromises my ability to appreciate Vanessa and count her as one of my favorite artists, and it's an ignorant and narrow mindset to have if you feel like you can only enjoy one kind of artist or music.

There's no rule that says you have to listen to the same artist or the same genre of music all the time. Yes, Vanessa is my all-time favorite artist, but I also enjoy listening to more "inferior" artists, like the Jonas Brothers, for example. Does that make me any less of a Vanessa fan? Of course not. (At least, I hope not.)

The point is, everyone's entitled to their own musical preferences. At the end of the day, our appreciation of Vanessa and our love for her music is what unites us - and in terms of Vanessa's fandom, I say the more, the merrier!

...but hey, everyone's allowed to be guilty of musical elitism every once in a while.

Nessaholic4Ever

• MSN Messenger - none
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #335 on: January 15, 2011, 12:26:11 pm »
OMG, I want this album so bad I can taste it!!! Is it spring yet? I'm going NUTS!!!
I waste the days away
Waiting on a new age
But time betrays me
And I get older one more year

ryan9315

• View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 18, 2011, 09:48:49 pm »
The past couple of days I have been listening to Vanessa quite a bit. Pretty sure it's because I am in such high anticipation of Rabbits On The Run.

I really can't wait for it. I'm 17 now, when Be Not Nobody, Harmonium, and Heroes & Thieves were made and released, I didn't really "know myself". Over the past few years, I've grown a lot as a person and I've realized that Vanessa is the person who started my huge passion for music when I was younger. I feel like I'm more "aware" of things (if that makes sense), and now to see Vanessa releasing her fourth studio album is just amazing. I can't wait for it. I don't own any physical copies of her CDs which is a shame because I'm such a huge fan, but I know that I will definitely be preordering this album and getting a digital and physical copy.

I will definitely be seeing Vanessa live when she tours here. There is no way I can miss it. She has been such a big inspiration to me for me to even dare thinking about missing it. Unless it's 21 and over... then fuck!

What is your favorite possible Rabbits On The Run song so far? Gotta say Carousel.

OPENROAD

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 18, 2011, 10:27:04 pm »
As good as the live versions of the songs are, I am really looking forward to hearing the more polished produced versions, thats the great thing about Vanessa, obviously the overall sound is the same but its like you are getting two versions of each song.

As my favorite city in the world is London, I'm looking forward to hearing this, that said, I really like "I don't want to be a bride", just loving the melody of the song.

I really hope its not too long before the album is released.
Never too late to change the pace
oh how the days creep up on you
but the goodness is something you don't have to chase
cause its following you

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 19, 2011, 12:57:19 am »
I'm listening to IDWTBAB and Carousel more frequently than the other songs. I would be listening over and over again to Fair-Weather Friends if there's just a clean version.

And I agree with the polished versions of the songs. They tend to sound so different from live versions.

I am really looking forward for this record. It's my first time to witness an actual release of V's record.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

Rekky

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #339 on: January 19, 2011, 05:20:00 am »
I'm listening to IDWTBAB and Carousel more frequently than the other songs. I would be listening over and over again to Fair-Weather Friends if there's just a clean version.

And I agree with the polished versions of the songs. They tend to sound so different from live versions.

I am really looking forward for this record. It's my first time to witness an actual release of V's record.

The same here! But Im listening Tall tales for spring and London. I listen the others as well but I dont know why London is special for me, that song takes me to another place.

Nessaholic4Ever

• MSN Messenger - none
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #340 on: January 19, 2011, 10:02:26 am »
As good as the live versions of the songs are, I am really looking forward to hearing the more polished produced versions, thats the great thing about Vanessa, obviously the overall sound is the same but its like you are getting two versions of each song.

I SO agree with you! I think it's so cool and exciting to hear Vanessa's studio versions because they always sound so fresh after listening to live acoustic versions for so long.

And it's funny to read people saying this will be their first time experiencing an album release from Vanessa. I was around for both Harmonium and Heroes & Thieves, but it still gets more and more exciting every time.
I waste the days away
Waiting on a new age
But time betrays me
And I get older one more year

sabasaba

« Reply #341 on: January 31, 2011, 08:46:26 am »

I SO agree with you! I think it's so cool and exciting to hear Vanessa's studio versions because they always sound so fresh after listening to live acoustic versions for so long.

I couldn't agree more! The more I listen to the live versions, the more excited I become for the album's release!

mixedanthony

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #342 on: January 31, 2011, 10:08:06 am »
I find myself comparing her albums lately and there's something different every time. I really can't wait to hear the finished product. Hopefully this time around she'll be appreciated more than she has been in the past. Thats one thing I wish for other than new music from her.

ryan9315

• View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 01, 2011, 09:33:58 pm »
I just found out that Patrick Hallahan is the drummer of My Morning Jacket. How nice to have a drummer from one of her favorite bands play on Rabbits.

I've been trying to uncover the mystery of Rabbits On The Run. By that, I mean figure out some more information about it.

I remember seeing back on her twitter she was going to track down one of her favorite engineers, Steve Osborne. So I googled it and found that he did indeed produce Vanessa's fourth album.

http://www.140db.co.uk/?page_id=488

Don't know if that's new information to other people. It is to me!

"Vanessa Carlton
Members of the Choir recorded 4 tracks for Vanessa Carlton’s stunning upcoming album, at Abbey Road Studios."
http://www.capitalchoir.com/

A choir on four songs? Sweeeet!!! And at Abbey Road Studios? Even more sweet.

You can hear some of the choir here: http://www.capitalchoir.com/audio/

I don't know when this was last updated but...
http://www.caatouring.com/public/ClientDetails.aspx?ClientID=22725&RosterCategory=Contemporary
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 09:50:57 pm by ryan9315 »

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 01, 2011, 09:50:56 pm »
He also produced The Doves' album and KT Tunstall's album. I know V liked those two.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.