Author Topic: McCain gets slammed!!!  (Read 47863 times)

soupdujour

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
McCain gets slammed!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2007, 07:52:03 pm »
Quote from: "HeroesAndThieves"
Quote from: "soupdujour"
Quote from: "itsthefiveofus"
mmhmm... well I see it as who cares about who goes out with who if its the oppisite sex or same sex why should there be people to judge I mean we are in the land of the "free" why can't the person you want to marry/date have to be an issue were you can't really be free for some people??!? its one of those things that will mabey never get reslocved there is always going to be one person against it never 100% ok with it. Like with racists (spelled wrong) that is always going to be there. Worlds not perfect, oh well.

Like V said in a performance (The Roxy? Bowlery? one of thoes) She said that you should "be able to go out with whatever you want does not even have to be a person I dont get it"..

paraphrased a bit but you get the point.

You make no sense.
I didn't read the article, but anyway I'm gay and I happen to think that it's not right for two guys or two girls to get married.

So when you find a guy you like, you will never want to spend your life with him, as a married couple. Just a question by the way.

Nope. I'll live with him, and everything else...but I wouldn't find it right to be married to him.

Oh, and itsthefiveofus, you're welcome.

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
McCain gets slammed!!!
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2007, 07:57:43 pm »
Quote from: "twilightcarnival"
Take George back?
You guys can keep him :D

And isthefiveofus, I thought that was a very good opinion.

Thanks.

I just think you know just respect others opinoins you dont see me going and saying oh well your opinoin stinks mines better or what not (directed towards soupjour not twilightcarnival.... whatever I done with soup whatever...

anywho

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
McCain gets slammed!!!
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2007, 09:55:27 pm »
Quote from: "Suicidalboobs"
Well, technically, if you're christian or believe in the christian God, the Bible clearly says homosexuality it wrong. Some some uber religious people won't be able to just accept that and move on, niether will homophobes. But you're right, people should accept it as it is and not be such tightasses and speech and be vocal about it. I'm not all for the gay thing, but at least I have manners.

I'm a Christian, but I still support gay marriages (one of my friends is gay). Plus the bible was also invented how many years ago? we're in a new era now.

Also, God doesn't judge people so if he doesn't judge gay people then they should be able to get married in my opinion.

Suicidalboobs

• View Profile
McCain gets slammed!!!
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2007, 06:32:49 am »
Quote from: "Laura"
Well, technically, if you're christian or believe in the christian God, the Bible clearly says homosexuality it wrong. Some some uber religious people won't be able to just accept that and move on, niether will homophobes. But you're right, people should accept it as it is and not be such tightasses and speech and be vocal about it. I'm not all for the gay thing, but at least I have manners.

I'm a Christian, but I still support gay marriages (one of my friends is gay). Plus the bible was also invented how many years ago? we're in a new era now.

Also, God doesn't judge people so if he doesn't judge gay people then they should be able to get married in my opinion.

we're in a new era? so you think God's just gonna compromise? No, I don't think so. The Bible is still effective today, than it ever was. People were gay back then, and they are now. Unlike the millions of help books that are written and go out of style, I think the God that created you knows everything about you and what's best for you.

And God does judge people. He's just and fair about it, but he doesn't let any wrongdoing go by his sight.

And I'm not bashing anyone, I just want to say that.

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
McCain gets slammed!!!
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2007, 07:03:40 am »

The Bible is not as clear on homosexuality as you think it is.  And all of the main discussion points are either old testament or the words of paul.  Neither of which is infalible in the same way the words of Jesus are treated by Christians.

Interpreations of the Bible that are not anti-homosexual are pretty easy to find.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

Suicidalboobs

• View Profile
McCain gets slammed!!!
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2007, 01:04:05 pm »
Romans 1: 24-27:

"24 Therefore God, in keeping with the desires of their hearts, gave them up to uncleanness, that their bodies might be dishonored among them, 25 even those who exchanged the truth of God for the lie and venerated and rendered sacred service to the creation rather than the One who created, who is blessed forever. Amen. 26 That is why God gave them up to disgraceful sexual appetites, for both their females changed the natural use of themselves into one contrary to nature; 27 and likewise even the males left the natural use of the female and became violently inflamed in their lust toward one another, males with males, working what is obscene and receiving in themselves the full recompense, which was due for their error."

That was Paul writing, but those were God's thoughts. I don't see how that could be any clearer.

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
McCain gets slammed!!!
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2007, 01:52:53 pm »
For the record, just because a person may be against marriage for gays does not mean they are discriminating against gays or are homophobic.

I agree with civil unions, and I agree that gays should have all the benefits of a "marriage", but I also understand the point of view of those who want to protect the "sanctity" of a marriage and to keep marriage something only allowed between a male and a female- as males and females are the only combination of sexes that can procreate.

It's narrow-minded, in my opinion, to not understand and see both sides of the equation. A same sex marriage is NOT the same as a heterosexual marriage.

Though I think it's wrong to deny them the financial and emotional benefits of being married, I have never really been a strong advocate of using the term "married" for them.

I've always said I'm for marriage and garriage... haha

soupdujour

• View Profile
McCain gets slammed!!!
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2007, 02:09:24 pm »
Marriage is meant to be between a man and a woman. End of story.

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
McCain gets slammed!!!
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2007, 04:22:54 pm »
Quote from: "NoelleNC"
For the record, just because a person may be against marriage for gays does not mean they are discriminating against gays or are homophobic.

THANK YOU. I'm against gay marriage, so shoot me and call me a homophobic already because thats what happens all the time.

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

twilightcarnival

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - distantskies93@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - twilightcarnival
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - runningridermado@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
McCain gets slammed!!!
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2007, 04:24:58 pm »

Who says?
It's not meant to be anything, rather than something between two people that love eachother.

And as I sit here in this dark room
All I seem to feel is light...

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
McCain gets slammed!!!
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2007, 04:27:38 pm »
:? I just feel that marriage is only between a man and a woman. But thats just homophobic anti-gay me!

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

HeroesAndThieves

• love plastic love
    • MSN Messenger - heroesandthieves@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
McCain gets slammed!!!
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2007, 04:31:16 pm »
Quote from: "Manda"
:? I just feel that marriage is only between a man and a woman. But thats just homophobic anti-gay me!

I know you have your own say, but please dont take this as a personal attack.

Many people have different choices, if gay marriage is allowed, or not allowed, but if anything the government bans it in half the world [i'd assume]. So it doesn't matter anyway.

twilightcarnival

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - distantskies93@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - twilightcarnival
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - runningridermado@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
McCain gets slammed!!!
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2007, 04:59:03 pm »
That's okay Manda.
You are entitled to your own opinions.

And as I sit here in this dark room
All I seem to feel is light...

jessica73

• You aren't tryin'
    • MSN Messenger - cloud_strife_73@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - bluedragonrider1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/dragonknight337/
McCain gets slammed!!!
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2007, 05:31:57 pm »
Haha, I remember this argument going on back in the old days here too.

I don't really have an opinion on gay marriage. I don't see myself marrying anyone, man or woman (unless Si accepts my long standing marriage proposal one day  :wink: ) anytime soon.

If it's legalised, it probably ought to be just called a civil union, because the shitstorm that ensues if it's called a marriage will be epic. It's just a word, and if you get the same rights and everything, isn't that enough?
Starbuck is mai waifu

soupdujour

• View Profile
McCain gets slammed!!!
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2007, 05:36:26 pm »
Quote from: "twilightcarnival"

Who says?
It's not meant to be anything, rather than something between two people that love eachother.

The Bible says.
Well, I think if you're like Jewish or you're like an atheist or something then it's alright for two guys or two girls to get married. But for those who follow the Book of God at least to some extent, then I think it's absolutely out of the question. But even if the Bible wasn't against it, I just think it's not right.

Also, whatever happened to "hit it & quit it?"  Why are all these gay people getting all lovey dovey all of a sudden, it's annoying.