Author Topic: All Things "Rabbits on the Run" Due: 06.21.11 -- Now 7.26.11?  (Read 342236 times)

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: "Rabbits on the Run" Thread
« Reply #315 on: December 21, 2010, 04:29:24 pm »
lol what the fuck has happened to vanessa carlton's fans?

Seriously.

What exactly are you two referring to?

I think they are referring to the different types of music that "we" seem to be in to.  Like LL and the such.  Which, I personally don't listen to but I suppose the great thing about this country is that you can like whatever you want.  I'm not a pop person, or a rap person (except the real stuff like old skool snoop and dre), but I sure do love me some Sublime...how radically different they are from V.  It does surprise me as well, but not to the point of profanity. And I have never actually listened to LL, so I can't say she is a talentless hack, though I'd like to. LOL! hehe
~Sara~

Bruised

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 21, 2010, 10:45:51 pm »
lol what the fuck has happened to vanessa carlton's fans?

Seriously.

What exactly are you two referring to?

I think they are referring to the different types of music that "we" seem to be in to.  Like LL and the such.  Which, I personally don't listen to but I suppose the great thing about this country is that you can like whatever you want.  I'm not a pop person, or a rap person (except the real stuff like old skool snoop and dre), but I sure do love me some Sublime...how radically different they are from V.  It does surprise me as well, but not to the point of profanity. And I have never actually listened to LL, so I can't say she is a talentless hack, though I'd like to. LOL! hehe

Yeah, and that's how I took it.

I have to say I'm pretty offended that just because someone is also a fan of Britney etc., there is the assumption that it somehow decreases the value of someone as a Vanessa fan, or the fan base in general, and provokes a reaction like "what the fuck has happened to Vanessa fans", simply because they enjoy someone different from Vanessa. I'm new here, and I don't want to start off on the wrong foot because I'd like to enjoy the coming of the new album on here with everyone, but I just found those two comments really insulting. Listening to and enjoying Britney Spears or Miley Cyrus or Ashlee Simpson or Katy Perry (or anyone else that doesn't fall into the "right" style/genre to pass the musical taste test around here) in no way compromises my ability to appreciate Vanessa and count her as one of my favorite artists, and it's an ignorant and narrow mindset to have if you feel like you can only enjoy one kind of artist or music.

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 22, 2010, 09:58:20 pm »
I do have to say my comment was nothing short of rude. I do apologize for it. I do like that everyone fosters a nice and civilized attitude on here. I myself like Britney Spears, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Madonna, etc. Artists that generally aren't the 'normal' type of artists that Vanessa fans like. I was just agreeing with the comment because I felt the topic at hand was getting of track. So again, sorry if I got anyone upset over my comment. We all have one thing in common: we all like Vanessa, and her music, and find her ,and her,music amazing.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

Rabbits_on_the_run

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 22, 2010, 10:57:49 pm »
Oh God, shouldnt we just open a new thread in another section? This has nothing to do with the album unless Brit is bringing her piano skills on some songs.

Bruised

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 22, 2010, 11:30:17 pm »
I do have to say my comment was nothing short of rude. I do apologize for it. I do like that everyone fosters a nice and civilized attitude on here. I myself like Britney Spears, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Madonna, etc. Artists that generally aren't the 'normal' type of artists that Vanessa fans like. I was just agreeing with the comment because I felt the topic at hand was getting of track. So again, sorry if I got anyone upset over my comment. We all have one thing in common: we all like Vanessa, and her music, and find her ,and her,music amazing.

I appreciate that you apologized and explained where you were coming from with what you quoted :) No hard feelings. I wish there was Vanessa/RotR news to talk about to get everybody back on track. :(

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
« Reply #320 on: December 23, 2010, 12:17:22 am »

I appreciate that you apologized and explained where you were coming from with what you quoted :) No hard feelings. I wish there was Vanessa/RotR news to talk about to get everybody back on track. :(

That would be good! I am sure her and whoever her people are these days are probably just waiting for after Christmas and new years. I am sure we will be getting something in a few weeks. After that, before you know it, we will have the album. Which, I can't wait for! :D

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #321 on: December 23, 2010, 03:19:00 am »

That would be good! I am sure her and whoever her people are these days are probably just waiting for after Christmas and new years. I am sure we will be getting something in a few weeks. After that, before you know it, we will have the album. Which, I can't wait for! :D
[/quote]

I sure hope you're right! 
And it's true, if we had some news we might be more inclined not to talk about others.. the moderator hadn't said anything yet! lol!
~Sara~

Weisz

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: December 23, 2010, 03:50:31 am »
Lmao really?, this coming from a person who is a fan of V, Lindsay Lohan and Ashlee Simpson does not make sense to me xd  as if those were something alike with V : )

Im fan, at least ex-fan, of Britney, Ashlee, Lindsay, Hilary Duff etc. those that you would probably identify as talentless, commercial, industrial, retarded, plastic singers.
at the same time I love, or used 2, Vanessa Carlton, Michelle Branch, Garbage, Jewel etc. those that you would probably feel safe to name as "my favorite singers cause they are real artists who sing/write/produce their own music with great talents."

yup welcome to the real world of music lovers. we love music and we are not afraid to love whatever fits out ears and we say that out loud to those who think they are superior and condescending because they "only listen to true music by true singers"

woh woh woh, hold your horses. Did you read the posterior comments? My comment was not meant to be rude or irrespectul, I just loled because Fred_Saboya was surprised at the fact that Bruised was a fan of BS and said they are too different, when he himself is a fan of her too (and LL, AS, etc), so it shouldn't be surprising, thats it. Way to misinterpret my words.

And yes, let's back on topic.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 03:54:09 am by Weisz »
It's just me....and a drum. brmbrmbrmbrmbrbbrbrbrmmm

Still stars through a window, will they ever know this madness, madness of the

HearMyBells

• So you can put your weapons down...
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: December 23, 2010, 07:03:59 am »
Okay. Apologizing then adding a little zing at the end totally cancels the thoughtful intention...
I think we need to start monitoring some of the attitudes we use of the forum cause I've gotten that "Wow..." feeling several times over the past week. Let's keep it friendly : )

LauraH

• View Profile
« Reply #324 on: December 24, 2010, 11:56:00 am »
This is a late response to LauraH (on page 19 xD), but I think there is an instrumental only version of White Houses? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeIj4YXw7kA

Not sure if it's official, but if anyone wants the mp3, let me know and I'll upload it :)

Yea I think it's from one of those karaoke companies. But sure! Haha. Upload please?
Thanks(:
The song may be over, but the music never ends.

charmed23

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ordinary_charm
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #325 on: December 30, 2010, 07:44:50 pm »
Oh God, shouldnt we just open a new thread in another section? This has nothing to do with the album unless Brit is bringing her piano skills on some songs.

hahahaah thanks for the comment it made me laugh out loud,

Rabbits_on_the_run

• View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 31, 2010, 12:44:13 am »
Glad you liked my sense of humour :)

LauraH

• View Profile
« Reply #327 on: December 31, 2010, 03:15:56 pm »

hahahaah thanks for the comment it made me laugh out loud,
ditto(:
The song may be over, but the music never ends.

CelestialHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 01, 2011, 07:43:36 pm »
I am checking her twitter more to see more about any updates! :) SO EXCITED :D It's pretty cool to find out she's inspired by something you like too as well like the movie, Watership Down :D

I should watch that movie when the album comes out :P

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #329 on: January 04, 2011, 11:23:32 pm »
I would hope with the new year started, we would hear something. But maybe we won't hear until the Chinese New Year, since it's technically not the year of the rabbit yet..
~Sara~