Author Topic: All Things "Rabbits on the Run" Due: 06.21.11 -- Now 7.26.11?  (Read 342205 times)

Manny

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
Re: All Things "Rabbits on the Run" Due: 06.21.11
« Reply #810 on: April 23, 2011, 07:28:23 pm »
Guys, sounds cheesy lol but I just had the most beautiful nessa moment lol. everyone should watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2Zm_yL9i4w&feature=related
and then watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nDq_l-DalU

It's so wierd watching them, these two moments in V's story almost a decade apart, and feeling like i've been there with her watching all along. Seeing her grow from a girl to a woman, and especially as an artist, is very special and helps me remember what it is I love about her and her music so much. Bring on June, let the rabbits run for years to come!!

Yeah! really weird!! I've grown with her music as well, and that was when I was like 13, now I am 22.  :o

VaderDawsn

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: April 23, 2011, 07:45:04 pm »
Guys, sounds cheesy lol but I just had the most beautiful nessa moment lol. everyone should watch this:
and then watch this:

It's so wierd watching them, these two moments in V's story almost a decade apart, and feeling like i've been there with her watching all along. Seeing her grow from a girl to a woman, and especially as an artist, is very special and helps me remember what it is I love about her and her music so much. Bring on June, let the rabbits run for years to come!!

Watching the original EPK video takes me back to remembering the first time I heard 'A Thousand Miles' (I saw the music video early one morning and I just had to find out more about this Vanessa Carlton).  I remember either MTV.com or VH1.com was streaming her entire album weeks before the 'Be Not Nobody' album even came out. I was hooked, listening over and over again!
-Samantha

For me it's a glance
And a smile on your face
A touch of your hands
An honest embrace - VC, Home

bumblebee429

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: April 24, 2011, 03:04:01 am »
where was that photo taken and what for? I love it!
It was taken for promo for BNN. Sad none of the photos were ever used - looks like they would've been beautiful!

Sarah xx

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: April 24, 2011, 03:46:39 am »
I knew it, I knew it, I knew it.  :-\ The acoustic ones are for iTunes, no doubt.
I hate it when they do that! They better put it on the cd instead or add a bonus disc, screw badly compressed music!
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #814 on: April 24, 2011, 04:12:18 am »
I have never seen that first video before. Thank you so much for putting it up.  Whenever I do searches on youtube I've never gotten anything like that before.  thanks again!
~Sara~

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: April 24, 2011, 04:28:23 am »
Okay, so you know how Vanessa was back in the studio?

Well, I contacted the producer and he told me they're working on some bonus versions of some of the songs on her new album. They're "intimate acoustic renditions" and said they're beautiful.

I knew it, I knew it, I knew it.  :-\ The acoustic ones are for iTunes, no doubt.

Well, maybe. There's a chance too that they might be for the deluxe or extended version of Rabbits.

And I do hope that V would include something old, like BB or Wave Goodbye, or something new. It'd be a little sad if all she'd do for bonus materials are the same songs.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

Martin.

• Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #816 on: April 24, 2011, 07:48:49 am »
He just said again that the new album is adventurous and the bonus tracks they're doing are "great initimate interpretations of some of those songs". He then went on to say how we'll love both versions.

Gonna ask him if they're for iTunes or the physical format of the CD.

TRINIST

• Your true colors shown
  • Perfect hair, perfect heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: April 24, 2011, 08:13:33 am »
He just said again that the new album is adventurous and the bonus tracks they're doing are "great initimate interpretations of some of those songs". He then went on to say how we'll love both versions.

Gonna ask him if they're for iTunes or the physical format of the CD.

Cool, thanks! I hope they're for digital extras. I don't like bonus tracks tagged on to the physical cd, it takes a way from the body of work that is the album, you know? Makes it less of a cohesive unit than the record was intended. A bonus disc at her online merch store or something might be cool.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 10:03:52 am by TRINIST »

coyote_revolver

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: April 24, 2011, 12:28:29 pm »
and then watch this:

Yeah! really weird!! I've grown with her music as well, and that was when I was like 13, now I am 22.  :o

Me too! I was 12 when I first listened to ATM and now I'm 21 o__O crazy how time flies by!

thanks trinist for the videos, I had forgotten about the 1st one! I remember watching it ages ago, hehe

WhiteRabbit

• Your true colors shown
  • 'Cause It's All White On White....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #819 on: April 24, 2011, 12:35:13 pm »
I love that first video :)

bumblebee429

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: April 24, 2011, 03:46:20 pm »
I hope they're for digital extras. I don't like bonus tracks tagged on to the physical cd, it takes a way from the body of work that is the album, you know? Makes it less of a cohesive unit than the record was intended. A bonus disc at her online merch store or something might be cool.

Agreed!!!

Sarah xx

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #821 on: April 25, 2011, 02:37:30 am »
ok people, it's Monday.  I'm sure we'll get some news or pics or something new today; I can almost gaurentee it as I'm getting ready to leave work and head off to dream land!
~Sara~

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #822 on: April 25, 2011, 08:25:28 am »
I asked razor and tie about how tr extra tracks are going to be released, either digitally or on another cd, and they tweeted me back this:

@covetingaremedy we're still figuring out what's happening w/ extra tracks

So maybe they might decide to put them into another acoustic cd  ;D rather than iTunes which I'm not a great fan of...

TRINIST

• Your true colors shown
  • Perfect hair, perfect heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: April 25, 2011, 08:37:25 am »
I asked razor and tie about how tr extra tracks are going to be released, either digitally or on another cd, and they tweeted me back this:

@covetingaremedy we're still figuring out what's happening w/ extra tracks

So maybe they might decide to put them into another acoustic cd  ;D rather than iTunes which I'm not a great fan of...

Yeah but you gotta think realistically, it's a lot more expensive for them to print lots of new cds with just a few songs than to put them itunes. It could happen, maybe as part of a deluxe ROTR bundle or something, but I don't mind if they're digital as long as they're not tagged onto the actual rabbits cd.

Martin.

• Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #824 on: April 25, 2011, 09:24:04 am »
Yeah, he just emailed me back saying he hasn't got a clue what they're going to do with the songs. As long as they're released one way or another, I don't mind what format they're on!