Author Topic: meet her?  (Read 24848 times)

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
meet her?
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2007, 06:38:38 pm »
Just wait on the wall across from the bus after the show.  :)
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
meet her?
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2007, 07:41:33 pm »
nice.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

Byoungforever

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
  • All I hear is the music....
    • View Profile
Meeting V after shows?
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2011, 07:00:15 pm »
Could someone help me with this? I would absolutely love to meet her after seeing her this summer. Any tips or anything? Thanks!  :)
All I hear is the music.... and beauty stands... before me... and love comes back... around again, it's a carousel my friend.... :)

eclv

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Meeting V after shows?
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2011, 09:28:52 pm »
I think with how long it has been since she last toured and the CD just coming out the week of her shows, she will be signing after. Of course it all depends on how she is feeling and what her schedule is.

I'm pretty sure she came out after every show I went to in 2007 (and that was 7) I think she really appreciates her fans' support and definitely expresses and shows that whenever she can. I only saw her a few times in the last few years but I do believe she came out after all of those as well. She's the best!!  

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2011, 07:16:05 pm »
She has done a meet and greet at half of the shows I have attended...the shows where she did not meet the fans were those where there were thousands in the audience (a toys for tots charity where mandy moore, backstreet boys, etc. were present) and a music in the park performance in downtown San Jose (huge city, highly publicized).
For her tours, she usually does a meet and greet as the shows are relatively small.

Byoungforever

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2011, 05:57:29 pm »
When you say that she did a 'meet and greet', do you mean like a formal meet and greet with like an organized way of doing this, or just a thing where you have to wait at the back door for like an hour before she comes out? I really am not educated in this, so pardon my ineducation in this.  ;D
All I hear is the music.... and beauty stands... before me... and love comes back... around again, it's a carousel my friend.... :)

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2011, 06:04:42 am »
For the concert on her tour that I went to, it was more like waiting at her bus in a line to see her...i mean mark (her body guard) was standing out there kind of keeping things under control, but I would say it was more of a luck thing, in the sense that the venue had nothing to do with it.
The private concert I won tickets to from a radio station had a formal meet and greet. They gave everyone promotional posters and had V sitting at a table signing them and such.
I would expect the first of the two.

Byoungforever

• View Profile
Meeting V After a show?
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2011, 05:56:03 pm »
i already posted this once, but you know..... I am honestly oblivious to this.... Does V do any meet n greets after shows? Or is it more like you have to leave right after the concert to get a glance of her out at her bus? I am going to the LA show on July 8th. Any tips or such? I have heard that I have a good chance of meeting her, but just wanted that confirmed. Thanks! :)

barefootonbeaches

• Make me high on lullabies
  • Are the echoes coming back to you?
    • View Profile
Re: Meeting V After a show?
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2011, 08:32:32 pm »
I would kind of like to meet her/take pictures with her after the show too. But I might be too awestruck from the concert experience. I don't know if I could handle it!  :D LOL. I don't want to come off as the crazy/obsessed fan that I am. But to answer your question, I don't know if she does meet and greets.  :-\ Sorry.
I have a really cool The Fray gif that I would like to put here, but I don't know how. :(

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2011, 11:21:34 pm »
i already posted this once, but you know..... I am honestly oblivious to this.... Does V do any meet n greets after shows? Or is it more like you have to leave right after the concert to get a glance of her out at her bus? I am going to the LA show on July 8th. Any tips or such? I have heard that I have a good chance of meeting her, but just wanted that confirmed. Thanks! :)

I moved your topic and merged it back over here. It is the most appropriate spot.

Your question has been answered. But I'll make it a bit more clear.

Meet and Greet is a term mostly used by pre arranged/organized events. Such as radio contest winners etc. Those you will know ahead of time where to meet and what time. They are usually nothing more than a photo and or autograph.

Vanessa will usually announce if she is going to sign at the merch table or some other specific place. If she does not I suggest you ask at the merchandise table, they usually know or can find out for you.

What Shelby suggested is waiting by the bus or whatever mode of transportation she is using. Mindful to not block walkways etc. The tour manager will usually say that she will be out shortly or that she is not coming at all. Be patient, it sometimes takes a LONG time (depends on if she has friends/family at the show, there are M&Gs after, interviews, etc.) be respectful.

Sometimes they say no photos or you can have one or the other or even only have one item signed. Remember there are a lot of people waiting and she doesn't have time to have tea with you so make it short and sweet. Not to mention it will probably be late and she is tired. She is a real person, maybe even just as shy or nervous as you.

I suggest you go with the idea that it won't happen that way if it doesn't happen you won't be too disappointed. But like I said. I am sure she wil be signing. 

Largo has a cute little courtyard. I can see her signing there. I don't see anywhere to wait for her but I don't think there are too many ways in or out. When I was there I saw the band entering the iron gate and the green room often. 

So yeah...  Hope that helps. 

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2011, 06:21:08 am »
The time I met her I waited out by her tour bus after the show. There were some other people out there waiting too so that's how I knew where to go!

alanisrox69

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • AOL Instant Messenger - fan1alanis219
    • View Profile
mh
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2011, 11:28:54 pm »
just to clarify as well... I was joking when I said lets go cuss them out.  Like I said, after the initial anger wore off, I'm reasonable enough to understand that people have different opinions.  I was angered by someone saying she is a bitch.  I was angered when people put down all three of her albums because I feel they are equally wonderful, but in their own unique ways.  Someone said she has shown no growth, which is BULL honkey if you ask me.  But that's just the thing, like you said eclv, we all have our own opinions, I just don't always appreciate when others don't agree with me hehehe  ;D  

Sorry, I still stand by my statement that VC is a huge snob. And I'm not the only one who has said it. First time I saw her in Philly in 02, we were leaving the show, walking to our car about 30 or 40mins after the show had ended (we got a steak sandwich first), and it just so happened VC was walking to her bus in front of us (we had parked in the lot next to where her bus was parked). I spotted her first, but without saying anything we kept walking and sure enough V and her assistant (?) were heading towards the bus, so at this point I knew it was her, and then a little girl (maybe 8years old) who had already been waiting near the bus who saw her coming said "Mommy! it's Vanessa!"...whoever VC was walking with looked at the little girl and said V will sign autographs later, and then they both hurried onto the tour bus and closed and latched the door. We stuck around for about 30mins (mind you, it was December, so pretty chilly out)....V never came out and the look on the 8 years old face was sadness. Her assistant did come out and say that V was on the phone or some BS excuse....I just remember the look on that little girl's face. It's not like a herd of people were bombarding her, just myself, my friend, and the little girl (her parents didn't seem interested in V lol). That just rubbed me the wrong way.

Later on, at a show in October 04, Vanessa did the same thing, there were a few more fans this time tho, she quickly ran onto the bus and didn't even say Hi or thanks to the fans. Pure snob moment.

There was also a show in my area (Allentown, Crocodile Rock) where she attened a 3rd Eye Blind show, when she got out of the van heading into the show, she ran right inside, where as 3EB (albeit briefly) did wave and sign a few autographs. Not her tho. Quick, get inside, SUNLIGHT! OH NOEZ! I can't totally blame her here tho, I mean, it wasn't exactly her fanbase, but a few people did yell Vanessa...no acknowledgement, nothing. Just right inside.

Well, that's my opinion....maybe she's changed in years past...but those incidences just rubbed me the wrong way. If you weren't a hardcore fan, and you got snobbed like that, would your opinion on that artist differ? I don't think so.

Hopefully that clears some things up. Nothing was said to be hurtful to anyone. Just opinions on that matter.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 11:35:40 pm by alanisrox69 »

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
mh
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2011, 11:36:22 pm »
i wrote about this somewhere else in a different thread, when I find it, I can repost it here.  My theory on why others may perceive her as 'bitch' or 'snob'
~Sara~

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • View Profile
    • Email
mh
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2011, 11:37:02 pm »
Alright, well that was your experience and that's too bad. You don't know, maybe she was sick, tired, had something else to do. She does not owe us anything. Yes, a hello, wave or whatever is nice but you just don't know. Maybe she didn't see the you all, maybe the assistant didn't give her the message. Didn't want to take someone else's spotlight as it wasn't her show. None of this means she is a snob.

It is about the music and that's all it should be about. Anypersonal interaction is a bonus.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 12:13:00 am by eclv »

Emmyspiano

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EmilyRMiller89
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/imaginationplayground
    • Email
mh
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2011, 11:38:04 pm »
^^^

You are in no place to judge someone. People have off days maybe she didn't feel like signing anything. She's mentioned she has depression. Also, may I remind you it seems like she has made these past two albums for the fans...I'm sure it was for her too but...I dont think shes doing it for the money. She financed this album herself...she didnt HAVE to make it. She did it for us. Yeah...what a snob.  ::)
And if you don't believe me just put your hands on me
I see the dalai lama, I feel him blessing me