Author Topic: INVITATION FOR NESSAHOLICS - Dec 6th, NYC, NY  (Read 142780 times)

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
INVITATION FOR NESSAHOLICS - Dec 6th, NYC, NY
« Reply #105 on: November 30, 2003, 06:10:31 pm »
lol! i'm anxious too!!
i'm so excited i've even gotten my mom into it! lol, she's always like "did they email you back yet?!" and when i was driving with her in the car today she said she really does like Vanessa's music and she was asking me what some of the lyrics mean and stuff, we tried to figure out the tougher ones... lol! normally she isnt really into this kinda stuff, but she said that she really hopes i get to go!

i have AOL, as does the email address they gave us, and when an aol account sends something to another aol account you can tell when they open it, delete it, forward it, or reply... mine still says "not yet read". have they even opened any of your's yet?
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

1vcfan

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - amb0431
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - cocoa_covered_nut
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: November 30, 2003, 06:13:46 pm »
I didn't even think to check that. Mine says 'not yet read' too. Hmm...good thing i send mine through fax and email.

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Re: .......
« Reply #107 on: November 30, 2003, 06:24:15 pm »
Quote from: "1vcfan"
I didn't even think to check that. Mine says 'not yet read' too. Hmm...good thing i send mine through fax and email.

yeah... i'm gonna send mine through fax too! lol, as soon as my dad gets home to show me how... we've been away all week, so i havent gotten a chance to yet.

MyLifeIsLikeATM

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • MSN Messenger - wackyjacquie02@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - VCandMrazHolic7
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Nessaholic02
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 30, 2003, 06:30:13 pm »
hmm, maybe i should go fax mine.  :?

August 7th 2003, the best day of my life.

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 30, 2003, 06:32:00 pm »
Quote from: "MyLifeIsLikeATM"
hmm, maybe i should go fax mine.  :?

yeah! it can't hurt!

kaysha

• Administrator
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
« Reply #110 on: November 30, 2003, 06:39:30 pm »
I'm pretty sure they won't be reading them (checking that mail account) until tomorrow at the soonest.  Unlike us ;)  they have this job like any normal M-F 8-5 job... so i wouldn't get to concerned until tomorrow at least :)

-katia
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - balletstar86
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/dancernl/Menu9.html
    • Email
« Reply #111 on: November 30, 2003, 06:57:37 pm »
When we say "they" as in the people reading the emails and faxes, who are "they"?  Is Vanessa reading most of them, or a committee of people from her management?  What are they going to use as a ruberic?  I'm just curious because being on a selection committee is so difficult, I hate having to make decisions like that when there are so many deserving applicants.  I really do hope they post who won.
It is a crime to kill a neighbor, and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is an enemy and who is a neighbor is purely a matter of social definition.  - E.R. Leach

kaysha

• Administrator
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
« Reply #112 on: November 30, 2003, 07:10:17 pm »
Quote from: "Dancernl"
When we say "they" as in the people reading the emails and faxes, who are "they"?  Is Vanessa reading most of them, or a committee of people from her management?  What are they going to use as a ruberic?  I'm just curious because being on a selection committee is so difficult, I hate having to make decisions like that when there are so many deserving applicants.  I really do hope they post who won.
okie well, when i say *they* I mean Vanessa's new management company that replaced PMM.  From what i understand, the emails/faxes are going directly to them and they are the deciding decision on who wins.  I agree, it seems like a very difficult choice but i would assume they have an idea of what they're going for or looking for.  When i start something where the judging is left up to me, i usually have some concept of an idea prior to launching the contest.  I hope to be able to get a list of winners because it seems that is something that *should* go on VC.com but i'm not sure how connected they are with the webmasters yet.  btw, this word "ruberic"... what is that?  I have never heard of that word before... i'm guessing you mean rubric based on the context or basically you're wondering what they're looking for, and for that i have no answer... sorry :(  I plan on calling tomorrow so i'll try to get more of these questions answered.

-katia
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - balletstar86
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/dancernl/Menu9.html
    • Email
« Reply #113 on: November 30, 2003, 07:16:03 pm »
Quote from: "katia"
Quote from: "Dancernl"
okie well, when i say *they* I mean Vanessa's new management company that replaced PMM.  From what i understand, the emails/faxes are going directly to them and they are the deciding decision on who wins.  I agree, it seems like a very difficult choice but i would assume they have an idea of what they're going for or looking for.  When i start something where the judging is left up to me, i usually have some concept of an idea prior to launching the contest.  I hope to be able to get a list of winners because it seems that is something that *should* go on VC.com but i'm not sure how connected they are with the webmasters yet.  btw, this word "ruberic"... what is that?  I have never heard of that word before... i'm guessing you mean rubric based on the context or basically you're wondering what they're looking for, and for that i have no answer... sorry :(  I plan on calling tomorrow so i'll try to get more of these questions answered.

-katia

Yeah, by ruberic i basically mean the criteria the management is looking for.  that's all.  we have this elaboate point system for RA selection and National Residence Hall Honorary, it's a pain in the ass.  But I doubt they'll wast time with that.  I guess to me a perfect system would be her management pick about 30 or 40 and give them to Vanessa to narrow down to the final 20.  What she is looking for in a fan may be different from her management's ideas of a fan.  Thanks for clearing things up though!
It is a crime to kill a neighbor, and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is an enemy and who is a neighbor is purely a matter of social definition.  - E.R. Leach

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 30, 2003, 07:19:17 pm »
Thanks for the information Katia!
If they are just going to start reading the emails/faxes tomorrow it will probably take a long time... I doubt they're going to be able to tell us tomorrow too, huh? Well, I hope they do! I need to make plans... like plane tickets and hotel reservations if i do get to go...
*is excited*

emmy

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • ICQ Messenger - 62879091
    • MSN Messenger - emilyct84@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ieatpijunz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ceruleantown.com/
« Reply #115 on: December 01, 2003, 06:17:45 am »
Quote from: "JazzyManda"
i really really hope we get a lot of people from here to go

yeah... i think it would be really dumb if nobody from these boards got picked for it.

maybe i'll try to fax mine this afternoon, just to have done both.  i have a long lunchbreak for work today and perhaps i'll walk to staples and pay them to do it for me... depends on how cold it is hehe.

oh well, i didnt send my message thru aol, so i cant check if it's been read...

katiakaysha: I MUST DO MY PEEPEES

1vcfan

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - amb0431
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - cocoa_covered_nut
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #116 on: December 01, 2003, 08:06:13 am »
"You know I'd drive a 1000 miles if i could be in the video....tonight."

i hope we find out by tomorow because its hard to make plans with little notice.

blueglove

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #117 on: December 01, 2003, 09:07:16 am »
yea im frkin' tence im chcking my e-mail all day im in the school library now checking
i wanna get picked soooooooooo bad :oops:
Peace
-S

divasteph

• VCUBs
  • Martha Stewart!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - stephlava2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/stephaniepressman
« Reply #118 on: December 01, 2003, 09:10:03 am »
it's so weird - i wonder when they will let people know - i keep checking here to see if anyone has heard

emmy

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • ICQ Messenger - 62879091
    • MSN Messenger - emilyct84@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ieatpijunz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ceruleantown.com/
« Reply #119 on: December 01, 2003, 12:44:42 pm »
yeah, it is kinna last minute.  its not that hard for me to go, since its just an hour train ride if i was picked... but some of you peeps that would need to get here by plane... its kinna difficult!

katiakaysha: I MUST DO MY PEEPEES