Author Topic: Sales - "Heroes & Thieves"  (Read 41168 times)

ste_uel

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Sales - "Heroes & Thieves"
« Reply #105 on: October 25, 2007, 05:32:21 pm »

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - anthony_the_great_g6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mattia1045
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
« Reply #106 on: October 25, 2007, 06:21:37 pm »
ooo awesome :D :D

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone
www.freewebs.com/nessfan12<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Bigtuna

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 25, 2007, 08:59:08 pm »
Quote from: "PianoPlayer12"
Quote from: "rainforestspirit"
Really not good. Does anyone know if Billboard includes digital sales? My guess is no since she is doing so well with digital downloads. I don't think that is really fair....they should count equally if someone buys the whole album digitally.

ya i dont think they do either...since she appears to be doing so well with digital sales...

iTunes sales are included, but that is when users download the whole album, not just pick out some songs.

96 CARLTON*VANESSA HEROES & THIEVES 8,116 -55 18,199 26,345

Butz

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 26, 2007, 05:56:42 am »
Quote from: "Bigtuna"
Quote from: "PianoPlayer12"
Quote from: "rainforestspirit"
Really not good. Does anyone know if Billboard includes digital sales? My guess is no since she is doing so well with digital downloads. I don't think that is really fair....they should count equally if someone buys the whole album digitally.

ya i dont think they do either...since she appears to be doing so well with digital sales...

iTunes sales are included, but that is when users download the whole album, not just pick out some songs.

96 CARLTON*VANESSA HEROES & THIEVES 8,116 -55 18,199 26,345

Yeah that was it. Seems logical that downloading the album in full, adds to sales instead of just downloading a couple songs.

windycity

• View Profile
    • Email
info on nolita
« Reply #109 on: October 29, 2007, 05:16:29 pm »
billboard.com=  position 96 peak 44 wks 2
            album:the billboard 200
             single:hot adult top 40 tracks+11/3/07 = position 30 peak 30 8wks
windycity

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - anthony_the_great_g6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mattia1045
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
« Reply #110 on: October 29, 2007, 06:21:22 pm »
so i guess NF isnt really moving on AC...

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone
www.freewebs.com/nessfan12<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

chrisb

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • AOL Instant Messenger - smartdudeforlife
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 29, 2007, 06:52:35 pm »
I don't think dissapointing sales got anything to do with promotion, I think people just don't really connect with her style. Doesn't mean people don't like good music, it's just like with Latin music. Latin music is pretty good and popular to a certain number of people in the U.S. but it's not mainstream and there is usually more support in other countries. But unlike Latin artists who originate in Mexico, Vanessa is based in the US and promoters/record labels won't really care about sales in other countries (Vanessa did pretty good in Japan and Taiwan.)

Ryou-Neko

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - heavily_toasted_bread@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - damnedColonists
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - wirelesswizarding
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carbon-arts.org
    • Email
« Reply #112 on: November 01, 2007, 02:37:23 pm »
She's #27 on Billboard's Hot 100 Adult Airplay. But unfortunately, #160 on the Billboard 200. What it seems is happening is that the more internet-savvy listeners are buying her album. This could also mean that more people are illegally downloading it? I don't really know. I hope sales improve though... it's so confusing when she's doing so well in other areas. Especially because this is her most acclaimed album.
Why don't you come on over? Stop making a fool out of me.

ManuelD

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 01, 2007, 02:46:17 pm »
God, she's falling too fast.

PutYourHandsOnMe101

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com
« Reply #114 on: November 01, 2007, 05:16:59 pm »
^^^ Like a rock, but that isn't surprising considering Nolita Fairytale's mediocre performance on Hot AC and its non-appearance on Top40 radio as of yet. If NF picks up on Top40 radio and/or Hot AC then sales will improve vastly. I'm not quite sure about Gotti's promotional plan for this album but I'd be extremely disappointed if he let the album drop off here...

On the bright side there have been a few articles stating about a supposed "two-year push" for this album and that gives me a lot of optimism for this album to work it's way up the charts. Hopefully NF will be picked up by Top40 radio but if that doesn't happen then I hope there will be a big push for the second single. We'll just have to do our best to promote the album- VH1, MTV, Requesting, etc. - and hope that The Inc pushes this album hard. I'm hopeful!  :)
and if you don't believe me... just Put Your Hands On Me

windycity

• View Profile
    • Email
latest from billboard
« Reply #115 on: November 03, 2007, 01:34:18 pm »
11/10/07   position this wk 97-last week 44  2wks----wks on chart 2-peak position  44..single:hot adult top 40 tracks 11/10/07=27 peak 27 wks -9.
does anyone know how many copies h&t has sold?
windycity

charmed23

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ordinary_charm
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #116 on: November 04, 2007, 01:57:02 am »
She's already down to #160. I hope the album "maybe will catch fire in its 20th week" like Ivr said

Promiscious-boy

• MSN Messenger - Barmy-For-Music@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Perfectlyin
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 04, 2007, 02:01:07 am »
Very bad!! I'm so sorry

I love this Aussiebrit... 50% from Australia, and 50% from United Kingdom

Promiscuous Boy

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • MSN Messenger - Barmy-for-music@hotmail.co.uk
    • View Profile
    • http://www.justnelly.com
« Reply #118 on: November 04, 2007, 02:25:18 am »
Wow! Firstly! That's too bad as I said above...

The only way out is " taking off her clothes and singing promiscuously ".. That's the way that in a country like the USA where people make a song called " Umbrella " be number One!!

So, if she doesn't play their games.. She'll not reach what she's been trying to get...

Americans enjoy DANCE, TRANCE, HIP HOP, FERGIE music.. Ness is not able and CAN'T be able to do this kind of music... yeah, that's what they call...

Second: She can keep being this great artist where she's not famous.. just for some.. like us...

Third: Move to Europe.. and make your life there! Folks there like good music..  They don't live off " I-love-your-ass music "... Ness would do great there!!

:wink:

Natalie Imbruglia rocks Europe.. rocks my life!

charmed23

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ordinary_charm
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #119 on: November 04, 2007, 04:39:57 am »
Quote from: "Promiscuous Boy"

Americans enjoy DANCE, TRANCE, HIP HOP, FERGIE music.. Ness is not able and CAN'T be able to do this kind of music... yeah, that's what they call...

Disagree. Americans love ATM. "Bubbly" is also rising on the chart. And they are not those types of music you mentioned.

Quote from: "Promiscuous Boy"
Second: She can keep being this great artist where she's not famous.. just for some.. like us...

Agree somehow. I love the fact that I seem to be the only one in my school know Vanessa, I feel special, haha. Still, I wish she would have better sales.