Author Topic: All Things "Rabbits on the Run" Part 2 New Release Date 07.26.11  (Read 102689 times)

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
Re: All Things "Rabbits on the Run" Due: 06.21.11
« Reply #150 on: May 29, 2011, 02:12:54 pm »
1. I should NOT have listened to them. I really now need the album. like omg. nowwww. please?

They just sound so freaking amazing. I can't wait to play the entire album, it shall be epic.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 29, 2011, 02:20:39 pm »
i love how she sounds like a little boy in fair-weather friends when she sings "found your letter on a full moon sunday night." as if she had something in her mouth, i don't know hahaha. it's cute.

kaysha

• Administrator
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
« Reply #152 on: May 29, 2011, 02:20:50 pm »
Vanessa.IS.AMAZING!

Love it!
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton

WhiteRabbit

• Your true colors shown
  • 'Cause It's All White On White....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #153 on: May 29, 2011, 02:33:52 pm »
These clips are amazing. I don't even have any complaints, I'm trusting V 100% here. She wanted the tracks to all sound this way so I'm sure they will be amazing. Im really loving Dear California and Hear The Bells but they all sound great. I can really hear the waltz tune in Tall Tales for Spring. up, up, down. Up, up, down....

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 29, 2011, 02:45:03 pm »
wow.
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

SparksFly

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 29, 2011, 02:45:13 pm »
I love how different these songs sound. They give me the same feelings like when I listen to Enya songs. They're so soothing...

I didn't expect Bride to be such a slow ballad though but I love it. This album is gonna be sooo timeless. :]
Her vocals are also so beautiful with the analog sound.

VaderDawsn

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 29, 2011, 02:47:43 pm »
Wow. Thank you so much for the link to the clips. It is interesting how they appear on the Amazon UK site, but not on the US site yet.

I'll need to give them a few listens before I have my reactions. But after a quick run through, the sound aesthetic of the album as a whole is very interesting. It definitely has a narrative feel. I am  looking forward to hearing the complete tracks and how they flow from one to the next.
-Samantha

For me it's a glance
And a smile on your face
A touch of your hands
An honest embrace - VC, Home

Rick

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
  • building up falling apart—
    • AOL Instant Messenger - j3llyb0nes
    • View Profile
    • blog
« Reply #157 on: May 29, 2011, 02:56:41 pm »
Everything's sounding magnificent! Only complaint is that Get Good is REALLY a lot faster than I'd hoped for.

OPENROAD

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 29, 2011, 03:03:07 pm »
I'm still deciding whether to listen to the snippets or to wait  :-\ :-\
Never too late to change the pace
oh how the days creep up on you
but the goodness is something you don't have to chase
cause its following you

Rick

• building up falling apart—
    • AOL Instant Messenger - j3llyb0nes
    • View Profile
    • blog
« Reply #159 on: May 29, 2011, 03:05:56 pm »
I was going to wait...but then I didn't.

And it changed my life.

maag

« Reply #160 on: May 29, 2011, 03:09:36 pm »
This is amazing. I have no words.

AlexanderLaska

« Reply #161 on: May 29, 2011, 03:19:43 pm »
Haha I must be in the minority, because while I was listening to them (thanks so much TRINIST for posting!) all I could think about was "damn, these would sound SO good if they were produced more like Heroes and Thieves."  For me that's just the best album she's had, I love every song and I thought the album as a whole had a really great sound, so I kinda wish all of the songs I've heard up to now - like "Fairweather Friend" and "I Don't Want to Be a Bride" - were produced that way since that was how I was imagining them.  Different strokes for different folks, right?

Still, some of these sound REALLY great.  In particular, I loved "Dear California" immediately, and "Tall Tales for Spring" and "Get Good" were standouts as well.  "Fairweather Friend" isn't quite the way I wanted it to sound, but it's still good.

Argh, so excited!

See? Me personally i "dislike" the production on H&T, too popish, too many instruments, etc for my taste. But yeah :)

Yeah see I'm usually a lot more pop-oriented, which is why I liked H&T so much.  But that's the power of Vanessa, she can cater to a lot of different types of listeners because her music just transcends all boundaries and labels. (I guess that was my podium moment haha)

I can NOT get "Get Good" out of my head.  I'm just listening to the sample over and over - I never would have thought THAT would be the song I was dying to get my hands on...

I'm starting to find the drums in "Tall Tales for Spring" really distracting.  Anyone else think it's a little much?

SparksFly

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 29, 2011, 03:23:26 pm »
Oh goodness. Now that you mentioned the drums, it's really irritating me now too lol.

craft

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 29, 2011, 03:34:17 pm »
I knew before I even clicked the Amazon link that FWF would be my favorite.  :) HTB and ITE aren't really convincing me, to be honest. Now that I've heard the clips, I have to say, ROTR is giving off a very gypsy/seance vibe.

bumblebee429

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 29, 2011, 03:45:23 pm »
Haha I must be in the minority, because while I was listening to them (thanks so much TRINIST for posting!) all I could think about was "damn, these would sound SO good if they were produced more like Heroes and Thieves."  For me that's just the best album she's had, I love every song and I thought the album as a whole had a really great sound, so I kinda wish all of the songs I've heard up to now - like "Fairweather Friend" and "I Don't Want to Be a Bride" - were produced that way since that was how I was imagining them.  Different strokes for different folks, right?

Still, some of these sound REALLY great.  In particular, I loved "Dear California" immediately, and "Tall Tales for Spring" and "Get Good" were standouts as well.  "Fairweather Friend" isn't quite the way I wanted it to sound, but it's still good.

Argh, so excited!

See? Me personally i "dislike" the production on H&T, too popish, too many instruments, etc for my taste. But yeah :)

This. I love the sound of the production from the clips. It's just so organic and pure and... not over-done, like I feel H&T, and even harmonium at points, were.
Loving the clips  :D

Sarah xx