Author Topic: Carousel Music Video (update: now online, reply #116)  (Read 94834 times)

AlexanderLaska

Re: Carousel Music Video (update: now online, reply #116)
« Reply #240 on: May 18, 2011, 06:23:05 am »

Told you, gonna post every gif I'm gonna see.

Stealing!  When I saw that moment in the video, I said to myself "someone BETTER make a gif of this!"  ;D

Harmonium

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #241 on: May 18, 2011, 06:47:20 am »
For someone who not only stalks/adores/and sometimes emulates artists like Lady Gaga you cannot consider him to be anything of a connoisseur of good music.

Besides, from what I can hear, this album is a bit like a really fine piece of art. Its something that has come from her heart and not from her head, without taking into consideration album sales/chart topping singles/etc.

This is something that YOU and I and every other NESSAholic on this forum knows.

It's already understood.

Vanessa doesn't want your attention Mr. Perez. This album isn't for you.
Please take your comments and shove them back into where they came from.
Thank You.

(I can't believe he got me all worked up like that  :-\)

Hm, i don't think it was Perez that wrote that about the video. Or am I wrong?

WhiteRabbit

• Your true colors shown
  • 'Cause It's All White On White....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #242 on: May 18, 2011, 06:53:32 am »
For someone who not only stalks/adores/and sometimes emulates artists like Lady Gaga you cannot consider him to be anything of a connoisseur of good music.

When someone dissed Ke$ha a page or two back, I didn't say anything cuz I figured maybe it was a once-off thing, but I for one would rather us not go around bashing other artists just to make ourselves feel better.  And I'm not just saying that cuz I'm a fan of Lady Gaga (which I am, and for the record she has much better music than that "Just Dance" crap), I'm saying it because Vanessa is so much better than dissing other artists for personal gain, and we should be too.  Let's just enjoy her music and let other people enjoy whatever they want to (even if it sucks lol)
I agree. I just, I don't get what the appeal is for artists like Kesha. I don't get what makes her 'good'

Manny

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #244 on: May 18, 2011, 07:11:11 am »

Besides, from what I can hear, this album is a bit like a really fine piece of art. Its something that has come from her heart and not from her head, without taking into consideration album sales/chart topping singles/etc.

This is something that YOU and I and every other NESSAholic on this forum knows.

It's already understood.

Thank You.

I am not sure, it was just written underneath the video that someone had posted a link to but it wasn't from his actual site.  Sorry for the mix up!  I'm not sure who wrote it..
~Sara~

eclv

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #245 on: May 18, 2011, 07:22:00 am »
I saw you posted this Martin, but you didn't say where it was from

http://jakedavis.typepad.com/jakedavis/2011/05/music-video-premiere-vanessa-carlton-carousel.html

Music videos are born in a lot of different ways. This one for Vanessa Carlton was about as organic as they come. My manager Chris Black ran into an old friend of his, Tracey Moulton, who's Vanessa's stylist on a flight. They both thought we should connect. Vanessa happens to live down the street from me, so we met up and she played me the new album. I instantly thought we have to go to my hometown of Woodstock and shoot a progression of my Test Shots series, which she loves. Each frame of the video would feel like a vintage fashion editorial photograph. Really I just wanted to get out of the city for the weekend with my friends and make something beautiful.
Navajo blankets, Ralph Lauren Collection gowns, chambray (with no pants), nature, bonfires... Just a few of my favorite things. We stayed at a cabin on the top of a secluded mountain and brought our two teams together. I had a ton of fun making the video. I hope you guys like it. Special thanks to Mr. Black, Kerri Kleiner, Tracey Moulton, Kellen Dengler, Ashlea Hartz, Alex Christenson, Kurt Nishimura, the rest of our teams, and the incredibly talented Vanessa Carlton. Enjoy...

Martin.

• Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #246 on: May 18, 2011, 08:43:24 am »
My bad. I keep forgetting to post my source, lol. Thanks.

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 18, 2011, 10:20:01 am »

hahahahahhaha i just read your post and i was like "whaaat? she played martin the album?"

AlexanderLaska

« Reply #248 on: May 18, 2011, 10:30:22 am »

hahahahahhaha i just read your post and i was like "whaaat? she played martin the album?"

Yeah I'm new here so I thought those were his words; I was like "omg you made the music video?? Why isn't anyone acknowledging this??" Hahahaha

Martin.

• Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #249 on: May 18, 2011, 10:35:52 am »
Lmao. I wish she played me the album and made the music video!

OPENROAD

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 18, 2011, 05:02:11 pm »

It's already understood.

Thank You.

I am not sure, it was just written underneath the video that someone had posted a link to but it wasn't from his actual site.  Sorry for the mix up!  I'm not sure who wrote it..

Wow Sara, great signature  :)
Never too late to change the pace
oh how the days creep up on you
but the goodness is something you don't have to chase
cause its following you

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #251 on: May 19, 2011, 03:13:24 am »

It's already understood.

Thank You.

Wow Sara, great signature  :)

pushglow made it.  You can get it too in the 'official sig makers' thred!
~Sara~

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #252 on: May 19, 2011, 07:22:41 am »
Ok. Wow. Talk about faux pas.

Sorry, Mr. Perez. Redirect the last part of that post to one of your snobby followers.
And to the person who mentioned that I shouldn't drag down any other artist, I 100% agree with ya. I'm a bit of a "music-snob" hater and can't believe I reacted like that.

Digression to the topic at hand:

I just realized that this is actually her first video without anyone else.
I mean there is NO one in the video but her.

Does anyone else love the shot of her ring covered fingers touching that icicle like thingy? And the way the water drops down from them? It's just WOW. The more I watch this video, the more I feel like I'm watching a video montage of some really amazing photographer.

And I'm NEVER the kind of person who appreciates clothes. But that white dress.

That WHITE DRESS.

OMG. That dress is sooo sexy/beautiful/virginal... I'm at a loss for words to describe it.
It's just WOW.
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...

Manny

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 19, 2011, 07:38:22 am »

That WHITE DRESS.

OMG. That dress is sooo sexy/beautiful/virginal... I'm at a loss for words to describe it.
It's just WOW.

IT IS!  :o

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #254 on: May 19, 2011, 07:59:32 am »
Ok. Wow. Talk about faux pas.

Sorry, Mr. Perez. Redirect the last part of that post to one of your snobby followers.
And to the person who mentioned that I shouldn't drag down any other artist, I 100% agree with ya. I'm a bit of a "music-snob" hater and can't believe I reacted like that.

Digression to the topic at hand:

I just realized that this is actually her first video without anyone else.
I mean there is NO one in the video but her.

Does anyone else love the shot of her ring covered fingers touching that icicle like thingy? And the way the water drops down from them? It's just WOW. The more I watch this video, the more I feel like I'm watching a video montage of some really amazing photographer.

That WHITE DRESS.

It's just WOW.

I was contemplating that as well.  My theory is not complete, but I was thinking of the hero cycle (archetypes, jung, campbell) but I haven't had time to really dissect this theory of mine so it is very flawed.  It was just an initial thought that I hope to expand on later.
I love the finger shots-- her elegant owl talons.  When I first saw that, the video was blurry and I thought, wouldn't it be funny if there was  ring in the shape of a rabbit?
~Sara~