Author Topic: 12/19/2004: CSB Arena - Trenton, NJ - (review)  (Read 4329 times)

BWilli

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
12/19/2004: CSB Arena - Trenton, NJ - (review)
« on: December 20, 2004, 05:43:01 am »
[discussion]

The show last night was amazing....

V opened the show with Ordinary Day.  The mic was out for the first few seconds, then kicked on.

I think she sang about 7 songs total...( for some reason I can't remember the order) but after OD; White Houses, Half A Week Before The Winter, Wanted, Who's To Say, Twilight and A Thousand Miles.

She sounded great as always.  HAWBTW is excellent live.  It hasn't been my favorite song, but it's definately moved up a notch.

Gavin Degraw, Benji and Joel of Good Charlotte, Simple Plan and Kelly Clarkson were great too.  I was really impressed by Simple Plan.

ILoveHanson

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - HansonGirl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2004, 07:21:43 am »
i had such an amazing time! i was supposed to be 7th row in section 1 but i saw an empty seat in 2nd row section 2 so i moved there and no one came for the seat the whole show! vanessa was amazing!

since i had passes to meet her, we were all supposed to meet at 5 but they told us vanessa was running late, so we got to listen to her soundcheck and then meet her. sitting at an autograph table style. not to be mean, but i was the only fan in the line. so sad. i overheard people saying things like "i should have selected to meet simple plan instead" and "i dont even know any of her songs." :(

vanessa was in such a good mood, which made me so happy because the last few times i met her she seemed miserable. so i was half expecting a scribbled signature and then moving along, but when i got to the table she was like "hiiiiiiiii!" i was like yayyyy good mood. she looked adorable in her italy shirt. so i handed her my BnN piano book to sign and she was like "is this new?" i was like "no itz used i just take good care of it" and she laughed lol. i asked her when the harmonium piano book would be out and she said "it should be out soon, itz already done." and i was like "oh i was hoping to ask for it for christmas" and she said "yeah i want to get it too!" so she goes to sign and shes like "itz nicole right?" ok ive met the woman 15+ times and this is the first time shes ever acknowledged me by my name. i was like "yep!" even though inside i was having a teenie moment lol. so she signed it with "for nicole, play on girlie! peace vanessa carlton" i <3 it. then i asked her if she would be doing anymore shows soon and she said "yes probably in february!" and i said "with a band?" and she was like "i dont know, i havent decided yet." lol oook. so we said goodbye cuz there was people behind me and i took more time with her than anyone haha. it was amazingggggg!

also during good charlotte vanessa was standing on the side of the stage watching the whole time, so i was just watching her lol. she looked like she was going to leave after they played cuz she was wearing a big winter jean jacket with huge furry hood (i think she wore it on the atm epk?) gc kept making references to vanessa the whole time, saying how they love her and theyre friends and all. anyway one guy from gc, i think benji, was like "vanessa carlton gives me hope that someday i will fall in love." i could tell vanessa was like awwwwwww. lol. it was cute. well thats pretty much it.
*Nicole*

I'm always on the move, my heart is always on the mend

www.twitter.com/hansongirl
www.last.fm/user/ILoveHanson

BWilli

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2004, 07:27:06 am »
Quote from: "ILoveHanson"
also during good charlotte vanessa was standing on the side of the stage watching the whole time, so i was just watching her lol. she looked like she was going to leave after they played cuz she was wearing a big winter jean jacket with huge furry hood (i think she wore it on the atm epk?) gc kept making references to vanessa the whole time, saying how they love her and theyre friends and all. anyway one guy from gc, i think benji, was like "vanessa carlton gives me hope that someday i will fall in love." i could tell vanessa was like awwwwwww. lol. it was cute. well thats pretty much it.

haha....i think Benji has a thing for her....i forgot to mention that she was on stage during their set...i kept looking over at her too...they were off to the side while she was playing also....

then i asked her if she would be doing anymore shows soon and she said "yes probably in february!" and i said "with a band?" and she was like "i dont know, i havent decided yet." lol oook. so we said goodbye cuz there was people behind me and i took more time with her than anyone haha. it was amazingggggg!

i kinna liked the set without the band...i hope she'll play this area again though....i like the small up close and personal type shows she puts on

eclv

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2004, 08:19:23 am »
vanessa was in such a good mood, which made me so happy because the last few times i met her she seemed miserable. so i was half expecting a scribbled signature and then moving along, but when i got to the table she was like "hiiiiiiiii!" i was like yayyyy good mood.
so she goes to sign and shes like "itz nicole right?" ok ive met the woman 15+ times and this is the first time shes ever acknowledged me by my name. i was like "yep!" even though inside i was having a teenie moment lol. so she signed it with "for nicole, play on girlie! peace vanessa carlton" i <3 it.

That's awesome Nicole. I am so happy for you.

Thanks you two. I am so glad you got more than 2 songs.   :)

BWilli

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2004, 08:30:25 am »
Quote from: "eclv"
Thanks you two. I am so glad you got more than 2 songs.   :)

me too....i think she sang more song that the others...

Alecs

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2004, 07:51:35 pm »
i had such an amazing time! i was supposed to be 7th row in section 1 but i saw an empty seat in 2nd row section 2 so i moved there and no one came for the seat the whole show! vanessa was amazing!

since i had passes to meet her, we were all supposed to meet at 5 but they told us vanessa was running late, so we got to listen to her soundcheck and then meet her. sitting at an autograph table style. not to be mean, but i was the only fan in the line. so sad. i overheard people saying things like "i should have selected to meet simple plan instead" and "i dont even know any of her songs." :(

vanessa was in such a good mood, which made me so happy because the last few times i met her she seemed miserable. so i was half expecting a scribbled signature and then moving along, but when i got to the table she was like "hiiiiiiiii!" i was like yayyyy good mood. she looked adorable in her italy shirt. so i handed her my BnN piano book to sign and she was like "is this new?" i was like "no itz used i just take good care of it" and she laughed lol. i asked her when the harmonium piano book would be out and she said "it should be out soon, itz already done." and i was like "oh i was hoping to ask for it for christmas" and she said "yeah i want to get it too!" so she goes to sign and shes like "itz nicole right?" ok ive met the woman 15+ times and this is the first time shes ever acknowledged me by my name. i was like "yep!" even though inside i was having a teenie moment lol. so she signed it with "for nicole, play on girlie! peace vanessa carlton" i <3 it. then i asked her if she would be doing anymore shows soon and she said "yes probably in february!" and i said "with a band?" and she was like "i dont know, i havent decided yet." lol oook. so we said goodbye cuz there was people behind me and i took more time with her than anyone haha. it was amazingggggg!

freakin' awesome!!! :D
"The crows seemed to be calling his name thought Caw..."