Author Topic: 3/18/2005: Berklee Theatre - Boston, MA (review)  (Read 9605 times)

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
3/18/2005: Berklee Theatre - Boston, MA (review)
« on: March 18, 2005, 09:39:20 pm »
[discussion]

Okay, Vanessa was so sick tonight and she managed to play anyway.
She couldn't finish Ordinary Day and drank whisky throughout the whole show (mixed with something else) to make her voice better (she was surprised though and was like "Mark, was that your idea?" lol)
As an apology, she did a meet & greet after the show.
I got to see her, talk to her, I gave her the letter I had written but didn't ask for a pic cause I felt sorry she was sick (that's me, I'm stupid, I should have asked anyway since others did it...*sigh*)
It was too funny when I talked to her, it went like:
G: "Hi Vanessa"
V: "Hi"
G: "You know, I'm coming all the way from France to see your shows."
V: "You are SO not?!"
G: "Yeah I am!"
V: "What's your name?"
G: "Ghisy, I'm on the board. I have a little letter for you."

She thanked me then she apologized about her being sick for that show, I told her it was okay,  that the show was great anyway and that I will see her tomorrow in Amagansett and she said: "I'm sorry sweetie but it seems like it's gonna be cancelled, I'm too sick but you should come Sunday, it's only $15!" And I replied "but I am coming to that show!".
Awww, she called me sweetie!! *dies*
I got my ticket signed, she said it was nice to meet me, I said "it was nice to meet you too", she thanked me again for coming and I thanked her again as well. I said "Bye, see you in Toms River!"
Isn't she the sweetest person in the world?!

ps: she mentioned the Nessaholics during the show and I just went "woohoo!" lol
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

ILoveHanson

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - HansonGirl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2005, 12:58:57 am »
was it the same set list as always or did she shorten it? and did she meet everyone who went to the show? thats amazing. glad u finally got to talk with her!
*Nicole*

I'm always on the move, my heart is always on the mend

www.twitter.com/hansongirl
www.last.fm/user/ILoveHanson

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • V-Unit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2005, 07:36:33 am »
Quote from: "ILoveHanson"
was it the same set list as always or did she shorten it?

Hmmm, she didn't do Private Radio and changed the order of the songs so she would sing slower songs but as her voice got a little better, she managed to do the upbeat ones.

Quote from: "ILoveHanson"
and did she meet everyone who went to the show? thats amazing. glad u finally got to talk with her!

Yup, she was the sweeetest person ever!
Now I just need my picture, stupid me.... :?
Ghisy

ILoveHanson

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - HansonGirl
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2005, 08:16:52 am »
hopefully youll get your pic tomorrow! i would like to upgrade as well hehe.
*Nicole*

I'm always on the move, my heart is always on the mend

www.twitter.com/hansongirl
www.last.fm/user/ILoveHanson

Gina

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2005, 09:55:37 am »
Aww... awesome Ghisy!

Make SURE you ask for your pic!
Gina
.She'd do anything to sparkle in his eye.

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • V-Unit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2005, 12:41:44 pm »
Quote from: "Gina"
Aww... awesome Ghisy!

Thank you hun! ;)

Quote from: "Gina"
]Make SURE you ask for your pic!

YES! I need to pull myself together and do it! :P
But if she read my letter, I should finally have my pic with her  8)
Ghisy

LowVolume

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
I met Nessa backstage!!!
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2005, 12:51:24 pm »
I was the ebay auction winner and got to spend 5-10 minutes with Vanessa before she went out and greeted everyone on their way out.  She was so great!  She apologized to me about the show and thanked me for coming.  She was so nice.  I told her she still sounded amazing and thanked her for sticking it out.  I got my photo taken with her and she signed a few things that I had brought.  She was so gracious!  Her road manager Mark, her personal assistant, and her sister were all backstage with us.  They were all very nice and went out of their way to make sure our experience was worthwile.  Mark apologized that he had to cut our meet & greet short because Vanessa had to go and meet everyone else on their way out.  Before leaving I told her that I hoped she feels better soon.  I would do it again.

DeepWithinMyself

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2005, 11:22:01 am »
I thought she did good despite her being ill. I was very disspointed i didnt' get to meet her, i really am, my mom wanted to go back to the hotel she was whined about the crowed so i was kinda pressured to leave. IF i was by myself i would have stayed all damn night.  :cry: :cry:

Its a shame, being my first time seeing vanessa, i didn't see her at her best. BUT like i said, i thought she did good despite the situation. Even if her voice wasn't good, i am not disspointed by the show at all, it was awsome to finally see her. That's why i love live shows, i love seeing a musican, no matter what condition they are in. Vanessa could have done a ashlee and pulled a track to back her up, but no, that's why i love her, she went out there, complety herself, i think that is still cool..

BUT i got to meet those guys who sang. OMG they were awsome, got my picture and everything. haha.

oh well i will see vanessa again someday i hope and get another chance to meet her.

banet2001

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2005, 08:19:20 am »
Captivating Vanessa's 'Not Nobody'

By Linda Laban/ Music Review
Sunday, March 20, 2005 - Updated: 09:12 AM EST

``Am I a pop star?'' Vanessa Carlton asked toward the end of her performance at the Berklee Performance Center on Friday night. Perched at a grand piano, wearing a frou-frou formal frock, the Pennsylvania native didn't look like the usual pouty pop princess.

Bearing up under the strain of a late-winter virus that had caused some recent show cancellations, and chatting away like she had spring fever, Carlton performed solo, mixing songs from her recently released second CD, ``Harmonium,'' and her '02 breakthrough, ``Be Not Nobody,'' and blending her classical piano playing with a pop vocal.

A big part of the bubbly ex-ballerina's performance was personality. Every song came with its own story: some sad (``Annie'' was about a 5-year-old girl braving leukemia), some silly (``She Floats'' was about a ghost) and some bad (``The Wreckage'' was about Carlton imagining driving into oncoming traffic!)

cw2Her dulcet, slightly dusky singing voice was not one deepened by experience, but by education and, better still, a vibrant imagination. It was captivating, and showed little sign of her illness.

Backed by her familiar effervescent piano work, Carlton's stirring debut single ``A Thousand Miles,'' which was a pinnacle toward the end of her set, proved what her avid Boston fans already knew: Carlton is a refreshingly different kind of pop star.

http://theedge.bostonherald.com/musicNews/view.bg?articleid=74268

Bethany

• AOL Instant Messenger - BethJean3585
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2005, 01:24:17 pm »
the two guys that opened for vanessa were awesome! and she was great herself, despite her being so sick. she was really funny too in between her performances. it was a great effort for her to stay and greet everyone after the show. that doesnt happen all the time. i hope i can see her again soon
All I have for the moment, is a song to pass the time

Jessica

• VCUBs
  • You aren't tryin'
  • holly golightly meets vampira goth
    • AOL Instant Messenger - strongxlikemusic
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/jessicacordero
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2005, 03:35:20 pm »

my trip to boston was amazing on its own, but meeting vanessa again made it sooo much beettteerrr

eeeeeep!

finally got a picture with her after all this time
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy"
-Ludwig van Beethoven

emmy

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • ICQ Messenger - 62879091
    • MSN Messenger - emilyct84@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ieatpijunz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ceruleantown.com/
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2005, 06:18:23 pm »
dont know if i mentioned it in the LJ, but its a nice pic :)

katiakaysha: I MUST DO MY PEEPEES

Jessica

• VCUBs
  • You aren't tryin'
  • holly golightly meets vampira goth
    • AOL Instant Messenger - strongxlikemusic
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/jessicacordero
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2005, 11:39:23 pm »
thanks =)

i like the way it came out.. minus the fact that i was smushed up against her table and the stage so my arm is out clucking like a chicken trying to hold my enormus purse. :)
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy"
-Ludwig van Beethoven

Bethany

• AOL Instant Messenger - BethJean3585
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2005, 07:09:15 pm »
i wanted to take my picture with vanessa, but some guy standing along the side of the line (im assuming he was with her tour crew) said "im sorry, shes not doing any pictures tonight, shes really sick" and oh damn i listened to him. oh well.
All I have for the moment, is a song to pass the time

DeepWithinMyself

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2005, 05:42:21 am »
She isn't taking picture cause she was sick? sorry that's f- uped. She could have not wanted to do a meet and greet after the show, but she did, and since there was pictures taken of her and the fans i think she was find in doing that. pshhh managers  :roll: