Author Topic: Michelle Branch  (Read 281141 times)

VanessaCarltonMania

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - charmed.ashley@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1305 on: January 17, 2008, 12:06:58 am »
Quote from: "nessaRox"
Hey guys...Michelle had this Q&A session with her fans!! Chk it out

Well, Here they are. My really lame answers to all your burning questions. Haha.
I hope everyone is doing well!

"I would like to know what her favorite color is and what her favorite song up to date is."

Black. I know it's not really a color, per se, but it's still makes up almost everything I own.
As for favorite song up to date? Sheesh, that's a hard one. The people I know tease me because apparently I say everything is my favorite. It doesn't hurt to be enthusiastic, does it? Hmmm, A Case of You-Joni Mitchell, Misty Mountain Hop-Led Zeppelin, She's Leaving Home-The Beatles, I Can't Make You Love Me as performed by Ms. Bonnie Raitt and Rain from Patty Griffin. Those are a few.

"Michelle! Do you like Mexico??? I mean, Mexico City... would you like to come?? someday?"

I LOVE Mexico!! That is something Teddy and I completely bonded over when we first met (hence the reason why we were married there.)
I've always had a passion for the architecture, colors, food and customs. I was lucky enough to go to Mexico City in December of 2004 for a private show but I was secretly pregnant at the time and couldn't eat or drink a thing sad.gif I hope to go back sometime when I can really relax.

"How are you?"

Wonderful! Thanks for asking! And you?

"Who's producing your new album? You? Are you done w/Shanks?"

Well I have started work with John Leventhal and John Shanks and am trying to do some work with Mitchell Froom as well. Stuff is sounding pretty good. I hope to let you hear some stuff soon.

"Have you ever listened to Layla & Other Assorted Love Songs by Derek & the Dominos? It's my all-time favorite album."

I haven't listened to that particular album but I'm a huge Cream fan-does that count somehow?

"I know on some of your songs you have strings (& I like that); where did this influence come from?"

THE BEATLES. (George Martin)

"If you do more of a rock album, will you use horns (ala the Stones)?"

I'll use any excuse to use horns when it's appropriate. Did you notice them on Crazy People? I have two songs I'm picturing horns on for this album. I got a beautiful trumpet a few years ago for my birthday and was convinced I would learn to play but it's soooo hard!! It now gathers dust in my closet.

"Any plans to release a book of your photography?"

Not unless you all want a book of photos of Owen and my cats because that's all I ever take pictures of anymore.

"Q: Michelle, Do you listen to any instrumental music or any band in the post-rock genre? ex: Sigur Ros, Explosions in the Sky, Yiruma"

I hate to say but not really. My friend is in a pretty great band called Alien Chatter, check em out. Satnam, word to the Mataji! www.alienchatter.com

"If you could go back in time and collaborate with either The Beatles or Led Zeppelin, who would you choose and why?"

Oh dear. You had to ask this horribly difficult question. Zeppelin because hopefully Robert Plant and I could have hit it off outside the studio if you know what I mean. Plus I still could have hung out with The Beatles.

"Do you have any advice for a young, still learning, guitar enthusiast?"

Get a decent guitar and a tuner. Get fake books and play along to records you like. I'm bad at these sort of questions. I'm sure you've done all that already. Oh and if you're gonna play a solo make sure it's a face melter.

"Also, what kind of camera do you own? Photography is another passion of mine and I've been saving up some dough for one. Just wondering if there's a certain brand you'd recommend."

I have a slew of cameras, old and new. I love my old Rolliflex but I don't use it as often. My Nikon D40 makes everyone's pictures look fantastic. I'm a sucker for Poloroid cameras too.

"Will you let us be the first ones to secretly listen to bits of your upcoming album? (*nudge nudge*)"

Well, since you're nudging and all...of course!

"if you could release any song that you have written from broken bracelet, to anything unreleased what would it be?"

They're unreleased for a reason! Haha. I'm such a perfectionist it's hard to let things go that are mediocre in my mind. On The Train maybe or an old song called Take Me Home.

"why did you cover the song tony? (and thank you for doing so it has saved so many)"

It's such a powerful, dark and beautiful song about a topic that people never really sing about. It touched me deeply and I wanted to sing it.

"what is the most inspirational thing from a fan, that has happened to you?"

Well it's pretty heartbreaking. A group of family and friends of one of my "biggest fans" contacted me after she was killed in a drunk driving accident. The lyrics to "Everywhere" are on her tombstone. We all just sat there and cried together.

"Hi won't you please come Asia to do a promo? I love your songs and I wish you would inspire more people down here in Singapore and the rest of Asia with more of your GREAT music=)"

Thank you! Well I heard a rumour we might make it to Japan and Southeast Asia as early as March for some actual shows not just promo.
I hope it happens!

"Q. Michelle, why is there a clicking sound that doesn't even go with the music on "One of these Days?"

I always notice that too! It was something weird in the loop that probably accidentally snuck by everyone.

"My question is probably a bit cliche, but if you could collaborate with one currently active artist who would it be?"

Paul McCartney, Robert Plant and Dwight Yoakam (One of them might actually happen soon!)

"My other question would be: What is your opinion of Arcade Fire?....who is probably the best band in the world right now...in my opinion of course"

Eeek. I couldn't tell you one song of theirs. I'm such an old lady. I rarely listen to any "new" music. Bad, I know.

Thanks for the questions!
XO,
M
[/quote]

Where did u get that from??
How did they ask her questions??
I would LOVE to ask her if she could come to Lebanon!!!!!
http://allpoetry.com/fallengoddess - Check out my poetry and tell me what you think! Many thanks! -

raacheeel

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/raacheeel
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1306 on: January 17, 2008, 01:02:16 pm »
^^^  its on her message board.

VanessaCarltonMania

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - charmed.ashley@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1307 on: January 18, 2008, 08:57:21 am »
^^^ Thanks :D
http://allpoetry.com/fallengoddess - Check out my poetry and tell me what you think! Many thanks! -

MyMelody

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1308 on: January 21, 2008, 04:19:24 pm »
Has anyone else had problems loading her site? Is it down or something?

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1309 on: January 23, 2008, 12:14:58 am »
Wait...She's making jokes when she married an old man part of her band AND popped out his baby? oh, haha funny michelle, SO funny.  :roll:

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1310 on: January 23, 2008, 04:26:54 pm »
i thought she was funny. *shrug*

i miss her music. anyone know where i can find the song that michelle said inspired a lot of people? i forget the name & dont feel like reading the Q&A again. thanks :)

nessaRox

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • MSN Messenger - rajiv2612@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rajiv_united
    • View Profile
    • Email
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1311 on: January 24, 2008, 01:11:52 am »
That was pretty funny to me...lol...so what if she married her bandmate???

amberbeads

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1312 on: January 24, 2008, 04:14:01 am »
what's wrong with it is, and i guess she is the exception to the rule, but as someone who is relatively the same age, or at least her age when she got married, i think i'd rather cement my vagina shut than marry and reproduce with someone twice my age.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1313 on: January 24, 2008, 03:57:35 pm »
Quote from: "amberbeads"
what's wrong with it is, and i guess she is the exception to the rule, but as someone who is relatively the same age, or at least her age when she got married, i think i'd rather cement my vagina shut than marry and reproduce with someone twice my age.

Exactly, thank you. I would also cement my vagina.

The pervert, excuse me, I mean her husband, is 20 years older than her. He's in his 40's while she's in her 20's. That is absolutely disgusting, not to mention!!! they (maybe his decision because his biological clock was ticking) decided to have a baby so quickly after they married. The whole thing is gross.

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

MyMelody

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1314 on: January 24, 2008, 04:18:01 pm »
When she was five, he was twenty-four. That's all I can think about. Sorry.

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shannonthomas.net
    • Email
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1315 on: January 24, 2008, 05:29:06 pm »
My boyfriend is 39 & I am 25, so I obviously don't think it's gross.  Just my 2 cents.
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy
:: shannonthomas.net ::

amberbeads

• View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1316 on: January 24, 2008, 06:16:49 pm »
that's your call. it's also michelle's call. i don't think anyone is bad for getting with someone WAY older, i just don't understand it/identify at all. i would personally find it extremely bizarre. but to each her own.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Email
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1317 on: January 24, 2008, 06:44:30 pm »
that's your call. it's also michelle's call. i don't think anyone is bad for getting with someone WAY older, i just don't understand it/identify at all. i would personally find it extremely bizarre. but to each her own.

I used to think that too.  I thought I'd NEVER be with an older guy.  But never say I never, I guess!   :wink:
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy

amberbeads

• View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1318 on: January 24, 2008, 06:49:52 pm »
my boyfriend is 5 years older and i can't imagine going any younger, that's for sure.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Email
Michelle Branch
« Reply #1319 on: January 24, 2008, 07:16:12 pm »
my boyfriend is 5 years older and i can't imagine going any younger, that's for sure.

:lol:   Yeah, guys are pretty immature.
The fantasy