Author Topic: 10/22/2004: Park West - Chicago, IL (review)  (Read 21971 times)

desperado

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
yes
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2004, 04:27:27 pm »
Yup, C'est La Vie. That was the only one.

Alecs

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
10/22/2004: Park West - Chicago, IL (review)
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2004, 04:29:57 pm »
Quote from: "Dancernl"
Katia, you rock my world.  Thanks for the pics!  That dress is amazing.

Those pics are great Katia! You rock! :D  8O
"The crows seemed to be calling his name thought Caw..."

blueglove

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2004, 04:37:47 pm »
sooo does anyone have the morning sting song??????? recorded or any lyrics?
Peace
-S

kaysha

• Administrator
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2004, 04:38:33 pm »
Quote from: "blueglove"
sooo does anyone have the morning sting song??????? recorded or any lyrics?
this type of behavior stops now.

next person that asks for a recording is banned for a week

-katia
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2004, 08:33:12 pm »
I am back from Chicago, Katia is on her way back to Chicago, and Let is going back, back to San Francisco  :razz: (I promised that joke, lol)

The show was awesome. They had tables and chairs set up this time instead of it being standing room only, but it was cool. Again, it said doors were at 6pm but they didn't let us in until 7:15 or so. They kept saying they were doing soundcheck, but we head the Low Millions doing soundcheck at like 4:30 when we got there  :roll:. If nothing else it gave time for the line to build and for us to holla with some people in line.

We finally got in and got front row, somewhat cented to the left, did some yapping with peeps and then Low Millions went on. They were ok, but the whole "Ex-Girlfriends" theme gets old really quick. Just watch the electric guiter guy work, he was doing some cool stuff.

Vanessa was just f'ing awesome. She was on point the entire show. Some of her commentary was pretty funny.

She noticed some familiar peeps in the crowd and was all "It is nice to see some familiar faces", and she of course made a comment about her smelling nice, and said we were a good smelling audience, lol.

She did a funny bit before Swindler when she was talking about how she would be playing mostly songs that people didn't know, but then was like "But I'm sure some of you have already downloaded it . . .  not to say that I wouldn't, because if I knew how to I probably would download too, as long as I still bought the album" and Let and I were just like "Of Course!" and then she was like "Well now I am going to play a song that isn't on either of my albums" and played it.

She said Afterglow was her favorite from the album and absolutely killed it on that song, it was awesome.

She talked about for Half A Week Before The Winter how she is obsessed with sharks and vampires but sharks are boring to write songs about, so she went with the vampires thing and it is kind of based on Darwin's Theory in how it is hard to see beautiful things die and how unicorns are beautiful and vampires are evil but they eat the unicorns and crazy shiznat.

She actually played CLV on the little keyboard thing...

When she said she was going to play Morning Sting I was all  8O  8O  8O because I never thought I would get a chance to hear it. It was good.

Mark had to come out sometime in the middle of the set to peep at the piano and ajust something, so she just made time by talking, lol.

I <3 She Floats, lol. The intro to She Floats was funny. She was talking about ghosts and how the girl was a ghost and her answering machine at her parents that blinks red and when it was dark she thought it was a demon eye or something, LOL.

I was really suprised she played Annie because we expected Annie where it was, since V doesn't change her setlists much.

Her intro to The Wreckage was cool because she was talking about how easy it would be to just turn the wheel a little to the left and cause a big accident and commit "autocide" or some word she made up for it lol

Twilight was awesome as usual. Everything was just on point. She actually came out earlier than usual (she was outside the bus almost right after the show) and did some signing, but it took security a minute to form a line, and it started drizzling so they cut the line after like 20-30 people and left 20-30 standing because they said they had to get to the airport or something, which is cool. Don't want V to get sick either standing outside in the rain, lol.

So I didn't get to peep her or whatever, but it was a great show and a great experience. Katia and Let are the shiznat, for real. I had fun hanging out with them.

And the proudest moment of the night was that Katia did not get lost once, getting to my crib, to the show, to the hotel, or at any time today, and I knew she'd kick my ass if I didn't mention that, so there you go  :D
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

HappyZen

• VCUBs
  • Fell off the ass end of the world.
    • MSN Messenger - youfoundzen@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2004, 11:23:41 pm »
brillaint.
so good to hear,
pity you didnt meet her but next time i know it. :-)

I love the v.

aaaahhhh last show I called you b remember? :-)
hahaha

Great pics Kat thanks dude!!
She's so petite and pretty!!!

esta vida es un sueño y soñaré
~*~save the uni

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2004, 11:34:29 pm »
Quote from: "HappyZen"
aaaahhhh last show I called you b remember? :-)
hahaha

You know I remember. My phone was on loud and everyone looked at me when it rang because we were standing inside the doors between the outside and venue itself, lol. I miss talking to you though. I was looking through my old old LJ posts and saw how much we used to talk  :cry: lol.
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

tylor2000

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2004, 01:27:33 am »
I'm waiting for Let's account......;)

tylor

KULPDOGG

• View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2004, 05:25:40 am »
Set List:
Papa
San Francisco
Ordinary Day
Who's To Say
Swindler
White Houses
Afterglow
Half a week before the winter
C'est La Vie
Wanted
Rinse
Morning Sting
She Floats
Annie
The Wreckage
A Thousand Miles
** encore **
Twilight

...no Paradise?
aw.....

thanks so much for the pictures, and thanks Brian for that post.
 :D  sounds wonderful, i wish i could've been there  8O

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2004, 07:30:13 am »
Quote from: "Tha Blingster"
I am back from Chicago, Katia is on her way back to Chicago, and Let is going back, back to San Francisco  :razz: (I promised that joke, lol)

I am glad you made it back safe and Katia continued on her awesomeness of not getting lost.

I did make it back, back to San Francisco, but it was really cold. Can I tell you how cool it is when you're driving up 101 headed to the Bay Bridge and that song comes on.

The show was awesome. They had tables and chairs set up this time instead of it being standing room only, but it was cool. Again, it said doors were at 6pm but they didn't let us in until 7:15 or so. They kept saying they were doing soundcheck, but we head the Low Millions doing soundcheck at like 4:30 when we got there  :roll:. If nothing else it gave time for the line to build and for us to holla with some people in line.

We were kinda concerned at first cause it was like 6:30 and barely anyone was in line. We did talk to some cool peeps in line. I am still wondering when they are going to make their way here though.  :wink:

Vanessa was just f'ing awesome. She was on point the entire show. Some of her commentary was pretty funny.

Yes she was!! She always puts so much of herself into her music. The crowd was great too, as she mentioned the silence. People were actually listening and talking which was great and she appreciated. I loved her interaction with crowd and that it just wasn't An Evening with Vanessa Carlton where she doesn't talk at all, but instead shares what the songs mean to hear and how she came up with them, cause we all know she comes up with some crazy lyrics.

She looked absolutely lovely in her white dress and the Doc Martens were a cool V touch.

She noticed some familiar peeps in the crowd and was all "It is nice to see some familiar faces."

I must say that, that rocked!! Especially since she said it right after "San Francisco."  :wink:

When she said she was going to play Morning Sting I was all  8O  8O  8O because I never thought I would get a chance to hear it. It was good.

It was awesome to hear a new song and it being her first time in public or what not. She was concerned she might mess it up but it sounded cool to me. I know she did it at the dvd thing (which I was snowed out of) so I was happy to hear it.  

Mark had to come out sometime in the middle of the set to peep at the piano and ajust something, so she just made time by talking, lol.

I <3 Mark, even though I got in trouble.  :oops: He takes such good care of V.

A Thousand Miles' intro was funny in how she said she was glad she wrote it and that we like it and she'll have to play it at every show for the rest of her life or something like that.

Katia and Let are the shiznat, for real. I had fun hanging out with them.

Awe, thanks Brian. It was awesome to finally meet you and we'll see you in a few weeks.

Katia, you rock girl. Thanks again for everything.

I do have some pictures but Katia's camera is much more high dollar than mine but I guess I can share with you guys if you want.

I was surprised that they had merchandise. Some of it was old, like BnN album flats and the Jermiah stickers. But she had cool black hooded sweatshirts and t-shirts. They were all reasonably priced at $25 and $15.

There was one disappointment. I knew she didn't do "Pretty Baby" the night before and didn't really count on it for Chicago but damn, the song was a single, people were actually yelling for it. I would like to know what that is all about. Maybe it has bad personal memories? But the song was written a long time ago, I dunno but I hope she pulls it out at at least one show I go to.  :wink:

Um, I think that's it for now.

blueglove

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2004, 08:17:50 am »
There was one disappointment. I knew she didn't do "Pretty Baby" the night before and didn't really count on it for Chicago but damn, the song was a single, people were actually yelling for it. I would like to know what that is all about. Maybe it has bad personal memories? But the song was written a long time ago, I dunno but I hope she pulls it out at at least one show I go to

well i dont think that it would be that good with only solo piano it is a better live band song

all I know about it is that she wrote it after she went shopping lol
Peace
-S

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2004, 08:30:01 am »
I have only seen it live twice like that (aaah...  Atlanta) but I know it's possible. Oh, believe me, it's absolutely lovely with just the piano.

Alecs

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2004, 10:27:17 am »
Quote from: "eclv"
I have only seen it live twice like that (aaah...  Atlanta) but I know it's possible. Oh, believe me, it's absolutely lovely with just the piano.

I've been to 4 shows and no PB! WTF?!?!?! :?
"The crows seemed to be calling his name thought Caw..."

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2004, 11:49:17 am »
Quote from: "Alecs"
Quote from: "eclv"

I've been to 4 shows and no PB! WTF?!?!?! :?

Well I didn't hear it until the 4th time I saw her. It wasn't until the 8th show after that until I head it again (about 4/5 months) and we all know that should have never happened. But I will forever love her and no one can EVER say anything bad about the way she treats her fans after that. It wasn't until her headline tour (the latter part) that she finally added it permanently.

emmy

• ICQ Messenger - 62879091
    • MSN Messenger - emilyct84@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ieatpijunz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ceruleantown.com/
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2004, 01:28:21 pm »
Quote from: "katia"
There may be more to come later, if ya'll are good.

*tries to be good*
Hahaha, awesome pictures!  Thanks much for posting them!  I'm so glad all you guys that went to the show had a great time.

katiakaysha: I MUST DO MY PEEPEES