Author Topic: Any other Jon Stewert Fake News Junkies?  (Read 6341 times)

Jophess

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
Any other Jon Stewert Fake News Junkies?
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2005, 04:27:59 pm »
Jon Stewart's Daily Show makes me laugh... and frequently, for that matter. Therefore, I have nothing wrong with it.
Joe

GeNuInEwAnNaBe69

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2005, 04:36:23 pm »
You're scaring me WhiteHouses
"So just remember all you not-so-giant-squids out there, there is no such thing as a little squid, just little nets."
-Jon Stewart

whitehouses81680

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2005, 06:24:17 pm »
kater belongs in prision

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2006, 09:14:08 am »
Quote from: "Will"
I'm really waiting for his time to be up. He's annoying. He doesn't understand much of what he makes fun of. His show isn't nearly as smart and informative as his fans say it is. He is also putting out political opinions that he doesn't have to defend because they're masked as humor. If someone calls him on something that's wrong, they simply have no sense of humor. That's a low tactic.

8O  8O  8O  8O  8O  8O  8O  8O  8O

What spin! :)

Statements without anything to back them up. You should be a campaign manager.  You're pretty good.

Instead of making a statement like, Stewart is politically savy and for evidence of this, one need look no further than when Bill O'Reilly came on his show and (without any jokes) Stewart pushed him so far up against the wall he ended up speechless and in another room, or when Stewart went on Crossfire and (without any jokes or the setting of his own audience and show)  ripped Tucker Carlson so bad that not only couldn't Carlson adequately come up with any rational defense for himself, but his show ended up getting canceled and he got fired.

I agree that people shouldn't have just one news source, but if they're only going to have a few, The Daily Show should be one of them.  
That show has no reason to fear the government (unlike the networks and newspapers) and, therefore, it is one of the only TRUE watchdogs out there anymore.

Peace

GeNuInEwAnNaBe69

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2006, 11:51:10 am »
Amen.
"So just remember all you not-so-giant-squids out there, there is no such thing as a little squid, just little nets."
-Jon Stewart