Author Topic: Delta Goodrem  (Read 360234 times)

superscientific

• VCUBs
  • You aren't tryin'
  • Bang Bang?
    • MSN Messenger - superscientific@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - superscientific
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - superscientific
    • View Profile
Delta Goodrem
« Reply #90 on: July 11, 2003, 09:54:26 pm »
Man I am so shakin by this it is not even funny.
I was not even such a huge fan or anything..
but she is so young and so talented, and it is really sad that we have to hear news like this...
but you know what?
God has plans.....sometimes we don't know what they are , but he has his ways....
Out of a negative comes a positive in most cases and I am sure this is what it will be...
She is def in my prayers until she recovers and is out again doing her thing.
I feel sorry for her BF because if she was my girl I would be in so much pain....
We are all pulling for you Delta ....

Danny

"you fake like a smile...like a hug I'm tight" - Common "Hungry"
Check out Missy Higgins Music Now!
Myspace!

aleera84

• VCUBs
  • I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
  • OC bitch
    • View Profile
Delta Goodrem
« Reply #91 on: July 13, 2003, 05:37:36 pm »
Thanks guys 4 ur messages, im sure she would appreciate them.
Im sending her a gift so ill print them and send it to her.

Also thanks 4 ur offer Steph ill keep it it mind, you guys r all so wonderful and im sure that Delta will recover 110% shes a fighter.

Ill keep u updated, today she starts her first treatment at St Vincents so keep her in ur thoughts.

Much Delta <3

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Delta Goodrem
« Reply #92 on: July 13, 2003, 05:47:29 pm »
omg, that is so sad! cancer is like the most horrible thing ever, so many people i love have had it.
i hope she's ok and gets through this well... it'll be a hard battle, but i know she can do it!
i just hope she can keep a positive attitude through the whole thing, cause that'd what's important. my friend had to go through the same thing (she was diagnosed when she was 15 and had cancer in her spine and brain, and fought this for 2 years) and her smile never left her face no matter what she was going through. and she was a happy person and had a happier life because of it.
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

aleera84

• VCUBs
  • OC bitch
    • View Profile
Delta Goodrem
« Reply #93 on: July 14, 2003, 12:28:34 am »
Yeh Holly, Ive had some people in my family suffer from cancer and my mum reminded me that another famous Australian singer had the same sort of cancer as Delta and 15 years later hes still going strong so I think she will definately pull through.
Thanks  4 ur support 4 Delta guys!

I really hope that ur friend gets better Holls<3

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
Delta Goodrem
« Reply #94 on: July 14, 2003, 01:33:27 am »
OMG! I totally freaked out when you told me that Katie.
That is so so sad AND unfair! she's so young!
But I believe that, with the techniques we have nowadays, they will find a way to cure her!
I'll cross my fingers for her.
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

divasteph

• VCUBs
  • Martha Stewart!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - stephlava2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/stephaniepressman
Delta Goodrem
« Reply #95 on: July 14, 2003, 08:58:28 am »
unfortantely there is no cure for cancer - but help fund cancer research and one day there may be... it is humanity that people get sick and eventually die - its nature's population control - but we must try to help the ones we love - so dont just think of delta at this time but of everyone suffering - it has been a huge part of my life the past year - help out in yuor community - with fundrasing, volunteer work, etc - devote your time to people that you can really make a difference - because chances are 2 ut of 5 of your closest friends or relatives will be ill with some form of cancer in their life - do what you can (this has been directed to all) - get off your lazy asses and make a difference (ATR needs to get back in gear - because we can do something special for other people)

divasteph

• VCUBs
  • Martha Stewart!
    • View Profile
Delta Goodrem
« Reply #96 on: July 14, 2003, 08:58:47 am »
sorry about all the mumbling... up there!

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Delta Goodrem
« Reply #97 on: July 14, 2003, 11:01:36 am »
Quote from: "divasteph"
unfortantely there is no cure for cancer - but help fund cancer research and one day there may be... it is humanity that people get sick and eventually die - its nature's population control - but we must try to help the ones we love - so dont just think of delta at this time but of everyone suffering - it has been a huge part of my life the past year - help out in yuor community - with fundrasing, volunteer work, etc - devote your time to people that you can really make a difference - because chances are 2 ut of 5 of your closest friends or relatives will be ill with some form of cancer in their life - do what you can (this has been directed to all) - get off your lazy asses and make a difference (ATR needs to get back in gear - because we can do something special for other people)

yes... i agree Steph! ATR hasnt done anything in awhile and i think this would be a good cause... maybe we could at the NYC concert? i dont know... it may be short notice, but it's just an idea. i dont know what tho, i'm not good at planning things. i'd help in anyway i can! cancer has hit my life pretty bad... 3 of my grandparents have had it (2 passed away because of it), and my friend passed away from it earller this year on her 17th birthday. does anyone have any good ideas of what we can do?
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

aleera84

• VCUBs
  • OC bitch
    • View Profile
Delta Goodrem
« Reply #98 on: July 14, 2003, 07:55:11 pm »
On the Delta Goodrem website we have a thing going where we all are wearing purple ribbons to show our support for Delta so hopefully someone will take notice and actually produce these ribbons so we can raise funds for cancer research.

Yeh Im sorry about just telling you last night Ghisy and then leaving  :(  sorry.

I think that ATR should get up and running again, maybe we could start a worldwide campaign.

aleera84

• VCUBs
  • OC bitch
    • View Profile
Delta Goodrem
« Reply #99 on: July 15, 2003, 09:15:40 pm »
Here is an article I scanned to clear up the facts about Delta's condition.

(click to see each scan)
http://www.boomspeed.com/deltagood/delta1.jpg

http://www.boomspeed.com/deltagood/delta2.jpg

http://www.boomspeed.com/deltagood/delta3.jpg

Sorry they r a bit big but at least you can see it.

Losts of Delta <3 Katie

Oh she had a bone marrow test on monday oche  :cry:

superscientific

• VCUBs
  • You aren't tryin'
  • Bang Bang?
    • MSN Messenger - superscientific@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - superscientific
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - superscientific
    • View Profile
Delta Goodrem
« Reply #100 on: July 15, 2003, 09:28:37 pm »
Cool articles for us in the US
Thanks
I Hope she fights this and will make it through

danny

"you fake like a smile...like a hug I'm tight" - Common "Hungry"
Check out Missy Higgins Music Now!
Myspace!

aleera84

• VCUBs
  • OC bitch
    • View Profile
Delta Goodrem
« Reply #101 on: July 15, 2003, 10:08:34 pm »
Ok guys Delta needs your help.
Theres a little something called The Australian of the Year awards and it would be so awesome if you could help please.

All you need to do is go to this website and fill out the forum, i think u will agree that Delta deserves this!
U can vote wither Young Australian or Australian or if u really want to u could do both.

Thank u so much, it would be so lovely if you could help.
<3 Katie
http://www.australianoftheyear.gov.au/nomination01.asp

divasteph

• VCUBs
  • Martha Stewart!
    • View Profile
Delta Goodrem
« Reply #102 on: July 16, 2003, 07:48:18 am »
i nominated!

aleera84

• VCUBs
  • OC bitch
    • View Profile
Delta Goodrem
« Reply #103 on: July 16, 2003, 03:28:19 pm »
Quote from: "divasteph"
i nominated!

Thank you Steph  :D

Also this article was posted at her Official Forum and here is the most recent picture of Delta at St Vincent's Hospital earlier this week.
(Damn media).

Delta's brave face as she arrives for treatment
July 17 2003

Delta Goodrem arriving at a Sydney hospital for treatment.  

Entertainer Delta Goodrem yesterday put on a brave face as she arrived at a Sydney hospital for further diagnosis of her illness yesterday.

The singer, 18, who has been diagnosed with Hodgkins' disease, arrived at St Vincent's Clinic in Darlinghurst at around 12.30 for talks with doctors.

David Faktor, a St Vincent's Hospital spokesman said: "We are still processing her to establish the most appropriate treatment regime. It's a very curable form of what everyone is broadly calling cancer. It's something we do get good results with and she's in extremely good hands."

Hodgkin's disease affects about 400, mostly young, people a year in Australia and the treatment often causes temporarily hair loss.

Fans from around the world continue to bombard her website with messages of love, sympathy and support, while industry identities said her family was rallying around her.

Television personality Ian "Molly" Meldrum said Goodrem had spent the weekend at her Sydney home surrounded by family and friends.

"She has got a positive attitude, and a very brave positive attitude and she'll get through this," Meldrum told Channel Ten earlier this week.

"[The messages and support] just show how much this young lady has had an impact, not only with her music but with her being this incredible person she is."

Neighbours castmate and former boyfriend Blair McDonough, who plays Stuart Parker on the popular show, told the network the news was "shocking".

"She will get through this, she's a strong girl and we're all thinking of her," he told Channel Ten.

Goodrem has cancelled all concert and promotional appearances as she undergoes treatment.

LimeTwister

Delta Goodrem
« Reply #104 on: July 17, 2003, 12:30:27 pm »
sad news...I never got around to listen to her....but this really sucks.

i hope she gets better soon.