Author Topic: Feeling strange after a show?  (Read 18257 times)

OlivierDetraz

Feeling strange after a show?
« on: February 08, 2003, 12:22:19 pm »
I don't know if you experienced the same feeling after a concert or a show. Here is my little story.

I feel a bit sad just about the Vanessa concert yesterday... I think of it... and now it's all over... It was yesterday... and tomorrow is another day... All the swiss fan that were at this concert saw Vanessa playing live... and now she's on the road again to another town (Offenbach, Germany) where she will play Sunday evening... Others fans will see her. Life goes on... All fans are back home, continuing their ordinary lives, thinking of the show, and at the same time Vanessa continue her extraordinary life...

Actually, I often feel this kind of feeling after a concert... It's not easy to explain... I hope you'll understand... Sorry for my bad english... ;-)

See you!

Olivier, an ordinary swiss fan.

kev222

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • zero vector
    • AOL Instant Messenger - k3v222
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kev.nu/vc
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2003, 04:57:16 pm »
:cry: but you have to share her with the rest of us :)

I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. Your English was near perfect :)

OlivierDetraz

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2003, 05:03:03 pm »
Quote from: "kev222"
:cry: but you have to share her with the rest of us :)

I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. Your English was near perfect :)

Thanks for the compliment...

I'm just here for sharing it with the rest of us... But I noticed there were not so much people on this forum. :wink: I went too the official forum, but I think it's not really easy to use... So... Let's share...  :wink:

I don't feel that way after a concert only because it's Vanessa Carlton... But generally with all the artists I enjoyed seeing live. I explained it in my first post.

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2003, 12:01:09 am »
I know exactly how you feel. When you feel something like that, you know the show was special, because it's something you don't want to let go of.
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

kaysha

• Administrator
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
which then provokes...
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2003, 01:06:13 am »
the travelling to many many more vanessa shows.  You then consistently want that feeling you had while being at the show even though you have sadness afterwards.

Strange what this Vanessa woman can do to us!

-katia
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton

tricia

• Moderators
  • Trust me, I'm a doctor.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2003, 09:12:26 pm »
I can't wait for her next headlining tour...I'm going to be such a stalker

jk of course...or am I?
I think you underestimate the level of my sneakiness

Kim

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • MSN Messenger - britsmusic@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2003, 03:49:26 am »
lemme jus say: I was anxious all day - i got there and i was dying fr her to appear on stage. I cried as soon as she came on stage, i cried when it was over cuz it was so good - then i cried on the way home in the car cuz i missed her already - i was V.emotional that day!

I felt like "i want her to come back!"

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2003, 05:58:41 am »
When I went to my last headline show. It was a very emotional experience.

The night before my last show, I got to chat with her. I told her how tomorrow was going to be my last show and she said I should do "Paradise." I said yes you should, but I knew she wouldn't but it was cool of her to say.

Well the night of my last show I got to chat with her prior and I told her again how it was my last show, and I thanked her blah blah. She was all... "When will I see you again?" I said I dunno, that is what I am saying it's my last show. She reached to give me a hug and said that she knew she would see me soon, she would be doing more stuff, blah blah. So somehow "Paradise" came up and I said something about how I don't have to ask for "Pretty Baby" anymore blah blah and she said said, "It's your song" *dies*

Yeah, so I am sure we all have heard it before but..."Pretty Baby" time during the show and I swear she totally found me in the crowd (ask Danny and Jana) and looked right at me and sang to me. OMG I died, and cried and it was too much. It wasn't like the normal Hey Let while she was singing, it was different.

So in conclusion. I had to make peace with it being my last show and well it was very cool, as always.

*FYI for people who don't know me or the whole "Pretty Baby" deal, well it has always been my song and beofore the headline tour she never played it (well she did at Virgin) but she kept telling me how the boys didn't know it blah blah, so in Atlanta she totally changed her setlist to do "Pretty Baby" for me. Yay!!  :D That is why it was such and emotional time for me.

Okay now that I have given you all a little insight to how retarded I can be, carry on.

PintOGuinness

• VCUBs
  • Your true colors shown
  • My face is on milk cartons
    • ICQ Messenger - 3162963
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PintOGuinnessVC
    • View Profile
    • http://www.buckheadyouthorchestra.com
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2003, 11:29:48 am »
I consider it special to have been there for ATL to hear it Let dear...  I'm sure there's always a weird line between a fan and a friend and it rearely ever gets crossed... but it's obvious she knows you're someone special and definitly a cut above the rest....

funny.. I think most of us know the same thing...  :-)
-- Jason

kev222

• VCUBs
  • zero vector
    • AOL Instant Messenger - k3v222
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kev.nu/vc
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2003, 11:50:04 am »
Wow. that's too cool Let.

I heard the pretty baby thing from lots of people, but its good to hear first hand from you at last.

-Kev

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2003, 11:52:22 am »
Quote from: "PintOGuinness"
I consider it special to have been there for ATL to hear it Let dear...  I'm sure there's always a weird line between a fan and a friend and it rearely ever gets crossed... but it's obvious she knows you're someone special and definitly a cut above the rest....

funny.. I think most of us know the same thing...  :-)

omg, Jason you seriously made me go AWE and tear  :)

neos

• VCUBs
  • I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
  • Prat Twin #1
    • AOL Instant Messenger - superneos
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2003, 11:57:03 am »
*wishes she could go to the next GA or FL meet-up with all of you guys  :cry: *

Yeah... I understand what everyone's been saying about the concerts. I felt so sad it was over, even though there was the meet & greet left, I couldn't believe it had passed so quickly. I remember thinking, right after the concert was over "now I understand why people travel so far and go to so many Nessa concerts" It's seriously addictive. If only I was lucky enough to get another dose of Live Nessa... veru unlikely, but yeah I'll keep dreaming  :roll:

there's only four seasons
and this one's almost gone
these nights feel so good
but this one's almost gone

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2003, 11:59:01 am »
Quote from: "kev222"
Wow. that's too cool Let.

I heard the pretty baby thing from lots of people, but its good to hear first hand from you at last.

-Kev

well Kev the entire "Pretty Baby" story in ATL was amazing. Let me see if I can find the link...
http://www.vanessacarlton.com/bboard/forumname/968867_flat.html

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2003, 12:11:43 pm »
After the London show i was so sad, when Nerea left on the train i cried because it felt like the end of an era. I had waited for so many months, imagined it so many times and it was more than i could have ever imagined, and suddenly it was the 18th and there was nothing left.

I always have to have something to look forward to!

EDIT: Let i remember so vividly your pretty baby story, and i remember being so unbelievably pleased that she had finally played it for you after all of that waiting and all of those shows. At the London concert me and nerea had flags (union jack and spanish) and she looked over at us for 5 seconds (something like that) and me and nerea screamed. She told us afterwards that she had 'seen us guys'. yay!
"I'm all about the wordplay."

neos

• VCUBs
  • I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
  • Prat Twin #1
    • AOL Instant Messenger - superneos
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2003, 12:25:36 pm »
Quote from: "rosieposy87"
After the London show i was so sad, when Nerea left on the train i cried because it felt like the end of an era. I had waited for so many months, imagined it so many times and it was more than i could have ever imagined, and suddenly it was the 18th and there was nothing left.

Same feeling... People who know me know I'm really not emotional, hate crying in front of people and things like that. I didn't even cry when I left England some years ago after living there for a year, but this one time I couldn't help it and spent the whole day crying

EDIT: Let i remember so vividly your pretty baby story, and i remember being so unbelievably pleased that she had finally played it for you after all of that waiting and all of those shows.

Ditto. I remember the story, reading about it and feeling so happy for you Let!!  :)

At the London concert me and nerea had flags (union jack and spanish) and she looked over at us for 5 seconds (something like that) and me and nerea screamed. She told us afterwards that she had 'seen us guys'. yay

LOL yes! And Nate remembered them too!  :D

there's only four seasons
and this one's almost gone
these nights feel so good
but this one's almost gone