Author Topic: Fools Like Me student music video. + Whos to Say Test Vid!  (Read 29940 times)

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
Fools Like Me student music video. + Whos to Say Test Vid!
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2008, 08:26:50 am »
Its Vanessa Carlton. I don't think she would get all law suit on you she would probably be all like "oh cool" or something like that.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2008, 08:36:15 am »
^I was thinking the same, when Zales used ATM she didnt put up a lawsuit on them, i read an article about how she doesnt really mind people using her music.

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2008, 08:45:41 am »
well no Zales asked her to use it. They paid her for it. But I mean if your  a fan and you made a little music video for a song of hers I don't think she would get pissed. She would enjoy it.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

charmedguy18

« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2008, 10:11:08 am »
I want to see this video so badly. I've always wanted to do something like this with Who's to Say.

Morgan

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - deeperthansurface@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2008, 06:59:52 pm »
I might do something like this for a multimedia project for my computer class.
I don't know if it'll be Vanessa though.
That's what she said.

nickjonasfan

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2008, 07:11:31 pm »
This is kinda of random, but has anyone ever tried to play a long with the Zales commercial? I find it so easy during the actual song, but when the commercial comes on it's SO hard. Hahahaha

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2008, 07:26:23 pm »
Oh i didnt know they paid her for it, guess i was wrong LOL

SadAsBlue

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2008, 07:44:55 pm »
When I first saw it I didn't know she was paid and i was a little mad because they didn't credit her like in most commercials.
ENS

Morgan

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - deeperthansurface@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2008, 07:45:33 pm »
Quote from: "SadAsBlue"
When I first saw it I didn't know she was paid and i was a little mad because they didn't credit her like in most commercials.

Yeah, but mostly, EVERYONE knows what that song is, XD
That's what she said.

SadAsBlue

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2008, 07:49:19 pm »
Quote from: "DeeperThanSurface"

Yeah, but mostly, EVERYONE knows what that song is, XD

lol very true, I figured they were paying her a LOT of money before she comfirmed the rumor that she sold it
ENS

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2008, 08:00:28 pm »

same!

mikepepsi

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2008, 02:45:09 pm »
Thanks for the cover feedback guys.
The video edit is going well. Very slow, but its going well. I like it so far, im harshly critical of my own work , so this is a good sign. I wont get cocky, its still a student music video, and I dont want anyone to expect anything more than that if we get the right to show it online.

The difference between my school in the heart of the english lakes and big US film universities is that US universities for film are heavily equipped with industry standard equipment, and students usually get budgets and grants to film their shorts with. We have to pay for it all ourselves, and our equipment is laughable when compared to UCLA and the sort. But we make do.

Of course i so wish we could have all the things UCLA and NYFS have, but thats life i guess.  We had decent photo lighting, but nothing like the big softboxes they get for big budget videos which is why people always look so amazing in film. We had decent cameras, but they werent fantastic or super useful.

I also wish i could have filmed on 16mm. Film stock is very important in making a video change from cheap looking to expensive looking. Its the chemical proccess involved. Unfortunately, 16mm costs thousands of dollars and our budget was like  $250. Vanessas music videos are likely to cost anywhere from  $100,000 to $750,000. I think Hands On Me was probably about $20-55k. It looks very simple, but the director, the lights, the cameras, the studio, the sets, all of the elements needed = expense.
(Look up "World on Fire" by Sarah McLachlan for more on that)

All of this said - Student videos tend to have loads of super dark hard to make out shaky footage. Ours is all nice and smooth and well lit. Our actors were great. The lead wasn't actually an actress but a journalism student, but she was fantastic. Better than many actual actors ive worked with. Most of our locations rocked. The stuff in the theater is beautiful - candles all around a piano and a Victorian looking set behind her.

All in all, its the smoothest, most fun shoot any of us involved had worked on. Everyone had so much fun on set, and we are all very proud with what we've got so far.

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2008, 04:33:59 pm »
I am glad that your happy!  :D

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2008, 04:39:34 pm »
nice thanks for the update!

charmedguy18

« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2008, 04:57:50 pm »
You really don't need the right to show it online by Vanessa. There are other 3rd party music videos of Vanessa's music that haven't been deleted for copyright, plus a whole bunch of montages and such with her music.