Author Topic: H&T one of 2007's top albums on a web site  (Read 1720 times)

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
H&T one of 2007's top albums on a web site
« on: January 01, 2008, 07:30:29 pm »
Vanessa Carlton
Heroes & Thieves
(The Inc./Universal Mowtown)

"Someday our bones, here they will lie, and so we sing ... As the years move along and soldiers and heroes come home ... and they carry a song / Let's make this our story, let's live in the glory / Time, it fades, precious as a song … cause someday we'll be gone."

It was clear with her 2002 debut, Be Not Nobody, that Vanessa Carlton could craft an excellent song. But while that album was hit-or-miss at times, and its follow-up Harmonium was considered forgettable (at least by some), Heroes & Thieves shows what can happen if Carlton is allowed to let loose and really put effort into an album.

While Machine Head and the Foo Fighters ranked higher on this list, Heroes & Thieves got more the most play from me this year. Shockingly, every single track hits the perfect mark. The melody and mood of "Home," the phenomenal lyrics for "More Than This," the bombast of "Nolita Fairytale" and then everything else in between. The piano composition here is fantastic, the backing band does fine work, and the production really lets Carlton's voice shine (a pleasant change from the last album).

In the end, this album is so addictive it almost drives you crazy, with different songs constantly looping through my mind almost daily... but how can that be a bad thing?

taken from here: http://machinegunfunk.insidepulse.com/articles/72749/2007/12/31/auditory-assault-itop-strike10strike-tt11tt-albums-of-2007i.html__________________

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 07:35:57 pm »
Great review!

Epit

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 07:12:25 am »
Love this review!

Journey_to

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 08:15:44 am »
Really cool article..kind of reminds me of why i enjoy H&T like i do..