Author Topic: New Covers!!!  (Read 7301 times)

ManuelD

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
New Covers!!!
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2007, 04:16:13 am »
There are moments when you sound a lot like Vanessa.

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
New Covers!!!
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2007, 03:31:09 pm »
Yeah, I know. I can sound like a lot of artists that have similar voices to me. I do Vanessa the best I think, but I can sort of pull off Jewel, Michelle Branch, Jessica Andrews (country) or even Lisa Loeb sometimes. I promise I'm not pretending it's me and it's really Vanessa lol. My own voice has a little more vibrato than V's I think. V has a more raw voice.

I do agree with you on the Twilight pitchiness, Amanda. I hurt my voice, and it's been over a year, but too much 'belting' really puts strain on me. I guess it's a problem with me never having had lessons to teach me how to use it properly. I also always sing sitting, and I know standing seems to be the most popular way, but I have better control over my voice when I sit for some reason.

The last song is a Damien Rice track called '9 Crimes' off his new album. My version is a lot shorter and the end is pretty different bc I just improvised. In the real song, a woman sings the 1st verse, then a man sings the 2nd. It's a really neat song, I reccommend you check him out :)

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
New Covers!!!
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2007, 02:26:15 am »
Yeah, I'd say on the spectrum of voices, yours is right in between Vanessa and Jewel.  Very pretty, indeed.  But I think it's perfectly fine if you don't want to exploit it for fame.   :D
Dustin