Author Topic: Info on "Hands on Me" Video!!!  (Read 53390 times)

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
Info on "Hands on Me" Video!!!
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2008, 06:20:01 pm »
Quote from: "ordinaryday6"
you have no idea how often i come here. the reason i don't post often? people like you. yeah, i used to be a fucking bitch. look at some of my posts, which i'm assuming you already have. but i have calmed down a lot, and i don't think sharing my opinion warrants your reaction. maybe you should calm down a little. free flow of information and opinions are good things.

just calm the hell down. you weren't even involved in the conversation.. it's sad that you need to spend time denouncing other peoples' opinion.

to ADD to my opinion, the song is too long. it would fit in a movie, or something, but not on radio. i think that's a good thing. because the majority of radio is utter shit.

You used to be? lol What. You're still one of the most irritating and useless people that post on this forum. And I'm perfectly calm, don't interept my annoyance as not being calm, because that's far from the truth. The only person getting themselves worked up into a tizzy and jumping on the defensive (geez, I wonder why you feel the need to be so defensive at all times :roll: ) is you. lol
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.

heyheyitsaiste

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2008, 06:40:17 pm »
Spring Street needs to be the next single!

only because V and I are best friends.

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2008, 08:24:10 pm »
Quote from: "portions.for.foxes"
what the fuck is wrong with you. the very purpose of this fucking board is to express opinions.

Yeah, pointless opinions that mean jack shit in the scheme of things. If you actually visited more frequently you'd realize that people here argue amongst themselves what would make a good single and what wouldn't EVERY DAY. Every day. And it gets really redundant. If I hear, "Spring Street needs to be the next single!" "NO, I think Heroes & Thieves should be the next single, blahblah, just because I think so.", one more time so help me. No one here backs up their opinions with legitimate insight into the market, etc. So it's pointless. And quite frankly it's tiring.

The next single will be what Irv and his team decide it to be. Deal.

I think people bring it up so often because they want to see Vanessa succeed. If this album stays under the radar like it currently is, who knows how much longer she will be able to stick around in the industry. So I think people just CARE which songs get released. And sometimes people DO state legitimate reasons they think a certain song should be released. For example, I said I think Spring Street would do better than Hands On Me because it has a more catchy hook and lyrics that are easier to relate to. Honestly, not that you care, but I think once again HOM is going to weigh in on the side of too much specificity (talking about temp work/ indie show / Dali Lama) and not enough general relatability. Same thing with Nolita Fairytale. Know why ATM did good? A great hook & pretty much generic love/life lyrics. It's not saying these are her best songs or anything, just what people think will sell for her ... which in the long run means what will get us more songs in the future.

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2008, 08:47:33 pm »
i'll take bets - there's no way more than this will ever be a single. it's one of the greatest songs she's ever written, but there's no way it will be a single.

agreed.

i thought it should end the album as a single, but then i realised they'd have to edit it somewhat and that would fuck the song up. so yeah...i don't think it'd be a single.

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2008, 08:48:59 pm »
Thats a good statement but i dont think that Vanessa is looking for the sales and catchiness that many other artists think that a song requires. I think Vanessa is about her true experiences and making her songs stories [like the theme of H&T takes after German Folklore and fairytales] and chapters in a book as she described them in concert, she is one of a kind and a true artist.

it was just my opinion, i dont want to piss anyone off.  :wink:  :wink:

musician

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2008, 10:08:47 pm »
Quote from: "LadyLavender"
I am so sick Marc Klasfeld directing Vanessa's videos. Jesus christ. :?

i totally agree. i still think white houses was her best video and that was sophie muller. all the videos mark and vanessa make together tend to be a little boring with little emotion.

To me ATM vid is still her best vid so far...
The dreamers got punished most by truth

PutYourHandsOnMe101

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com
« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2008, 11:50:31 pm »
Quote from: "NoelleNC"
what the fuck is wrong with you. the very purpose of this fucking board is to express opinions.

Yeah, pointless opinions that mean jack shit in the scheme of things. If you actually visited more frequently you'd realize that people here argue amongst themselves what would make a good single and what wouldn't EVERY DAY. Every day. And it gets really redundant. If I hear, "Spring Street needs to be the next single!" "NO, I think Heroes & Thieves should be the next single, blahblah, just because I think so.", one more time so help me. No one here backs up their opinions with legitimate insight into the market, etc. So it's pointless. And quite frankly it's tiring.

The next single will be what Irv and his team decide it to be. Deal.

I think people bring it up so often because they want to see Vanessa succeed. If this album stays under the radar like it currently is, who knows how much longer she will be able to stick around in the industry. So I think people just CARE which songs get released. And sometimes people DO state legitimate reasons they think a certain song should be released. For example, I said I think Spring Street would do better than Hands On Me because it has a more catchy hook and lyrics that are easier to relate to. Honestly, not that you care, but I think once again HOM is going to weigh in on the side of too much specificity (talking about temp work/ indie show / Dali Lama) and not enough general relatability. Same thing with Nolita Fairytale. Know why ATM did good? A great hook & pretty much generic love/life lyrics. It's not saying these are her best songs or anything, just what people think will sell for her ... which in the long run means what will get us more songs in the future.

I understand what portions.for.foxes is saying because it really seems, in any thread you go into, there is some discussion about singles and after a while it gets extremely repetitive. I think it is much better to kinda stay on the topic of the thread, especially if there is an existing thread for that topic already.

But, I completely understand what you're saying too Noelle. The reason why we're all talking about singles is because we care so much about the
success of this album. I think most of us feel a deep connection with V's music and we want her to keep making records for a long time.
and if you don't believe me... just Put Your Hands On Me

amberbeads

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2008, 05:20:04 am »
I agree that there is way too much single discussion. It also annoys me when people are like OMGGGGGGGG THIS SHOULD BE THE SINGLE CUZ IT MY FAVE!!!! If there was intelligent discussion about the single based on what would honestly be the best fit for the radio, fine, I wouldn't be so annoyed. But teenies are running around yelling about how their favorite song should be the next single because it'sthebestsongi'veeverheardomg... anyone who thinks that More Than This is going to be on the radio because it's the "best" is sadly mistaken. Same for Home. The single is not chosen based on what is the "best" song on the album, it is what is the "best" song for RADIO.
Why is anyone talking about a good next single, anyway? HOM has literally been released 3 seconds ago. Focus on that.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

heyheyitsaiste

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2008, 05:48:31 am »
Quote from: "amberbeads"
I agree that there is way too much single discussion. It also annoys me when people are like OMGGGGGGGG THIS SHOULD BE THE SINGLE CUZ IT MY FAVE!!!! If there was intelligent discussion about the single based on what would honestly be the best fit for the radio, fine, I wouldn't be so annoyed. But teenies are running around yelling about how their favorite song should be the next single because it'sthebestsongi'veeverheardomg... anyone who thinks that More Than This is going to be on the radio because it's the "best" is sadly mistaken. Same for Home. The single is not chosen based on what is the "best" song on the album, it is what is the "best" song for RADIO.
Why is anyone talking about a good next single, anyway? HOM has literally been released 3 seconds ago. Focus on that.

I don't see a problem with discussing which single should be next because it just shows how good the album is as a whole. I think people discuss it because they want their favorite song made into a video. And of course you're going to get teenies running around cause those teenies love Vanessa Carlton, but as long as their not creepy who cares? They're just fans. Plus, not everyone here is very mature or intelligent for that matter.

And people are discussing HOM. They discussed it a bit as a single but now people are just anxious to see the new video.

Honestly, relax. It's not a big deal.

Suicidalboobs

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2008, 07:29:18 am »
goodness, this thread is growing more and more juvenile. I come to read developments on the video, and I'm greeting by arguments with a 2nd grade level.

Epit

• View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #70 on: January 28, 2008, 07:58:24 am »
you have no idea how often i come here. the reason i don't post often? people like you. yeah, i used to be a fucking bitch. look at some of my posts, which i'm assuming you already have. but i have calmed down a lot, and i don't think sharing my opinion warrants your reaction. maybe you should calm down a little. free flow of information and opinions are good things.

just calm the hell down. you weren't even involved in the conversation.. it's sad that you need to spend time denouncing other peoples' opinion.

to ADD to my opinion, the song is too long. it would fit in a movie, or something, but not on radio. i think that's a good thing. because the majority of radio is utter shit.

You used to be? lol What. You're still one of the most irritating and useless people that post on this forum. And I'm perfectly calm, don't interept my annoyance as not being calm, because that's far from the truth. The only person getting themselves worked up into a tizzy and jumping on the defensive (geez, I wonder why you feel the need to be so defensive at all times :roll: ) is you. lol

People.. that's why ignore button is made for. use them wisely  8)

number1nickels

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 28, 2008, 11:14:10 am »
i love vanessa dearly and her music since i first heard ATM. but, she is so over commercial images with this album. im just worried that if she doesnt come out with another good single she will be another one hit wonder and her songs will be released on those info-mercial compilation cd sets twenty years from now and she will only be remembered for a thousand miles...

i think fools like me would have been a better single

PutYourHandsOnMe101

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 28, 2008, 11:32:04 am »
Quote from: "number1nickels"
i love vanessa dearly and her music since i first heard ATM. but, she is so over commercial images with this album. im just worried that if she doesnt come out with another good single she will be another one hit wonder and her songs will be released on those info-mercial compilation cd sets twenty years from now and she will only be remembered for a thousand miles...

i think fools like me would have been a better single

Now it's just getting crazy...but if you think it's that bad here you should see the o-board! :crazyeyes:

Anyway, it's true that ATM was V's biggest and most memorable hit but Ordinary Day was a hit as well. Some people know her for OD more so than ATM, obviously not the case for most but still.

On the topic of the video...Any guesses as to when we'll see it? I wonder if they'll put up a banner on the official site like they did for NF. I hope it's not too long.

Cyril

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 28, 2008, 11:59:37 am »
I thought we were talking about the video... I hope to see it soon. Hopefully before the summer  :?

PutYourHandsOnMe101

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2008, 01:25:59 pm »
^^ It will DEFINATELY be out before the summer! Well, summer in the US at least.  :lol:  The song goes for adds on Top 40 radio mid Feb so at the very latest I think the vid will be out a week or two after that.