Author Topic: New Update *Sneak Peek*  (Read 17238 times)

nessaRox

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • MSN Messenger - rajiv2612@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rajiv_united
    • View Profile
    • Email
New Update *Sneak Peek*
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2004, 11:14:11 pm »
I THINK IT WILL TAKE ANOTHER YEAR

jsbachsonata

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - jsbach_sonata@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jsbachsonata
    • View Profile
New Update *Sneak Peek*
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2004, 02:25:04 am »
yah i think so too... this is really depressing... everyone has come out with their sophomore albums except nessa! meech, norah jones, nelly furtado, alicia keys, etc! I was already depressed when she said she wouldn't be releasing anything in 2003, and now it's finally 2004! now i bet the 2004 is going close up without any nessa .... i guess it's 2005 or... worse, the label wouldn't even care to release something recorded so long ago and that means DROP! (that would be so depressing... then we can call her the ATM one hit wonder)

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
New Update *Sneak Peek*
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2004, 05:42:32 am »
I'm expecting it to be pretty awesome.  Well worth the wait.  People are so impatient.  I hope people's jaws drop when it comes out because it is so good.

tylor

Tia

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - littlemisscheekylives@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.graphic-interlude.com
    • Email
New Update *Sneak Peek*
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2004, 07:59:42 am »
Quote from: "tylor2000"
I'm expecting it to be pretty awesome.  Well worth the wait.

It bloody well better be!!
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.

tylor2000

• View Profile
New Update *Sneak Peek*
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2004, 04:11:13 pm »
Quote from: "Tia"

It would also depend on what YOU consider good.   Using the words bloody, well, and better in the same sentence is not incouraging. :wink:  :razz:

tylor

Tia

• View Profile
    • Email
New Update *Sneak Peek*
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2004, 04:12:58 pm »

It would also depend on what YOU consider good.   Using the words bloody, well, and better in the same sentence is not incouraging. :wink:  :razz:

LOL!

You got me. I'm expecting to be let down and very pissed off.
The higher they build you up, the further you will fall...

nessaRox

• View Profile
    • Email
New Update *Sneak Peek*
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2004, 01:21:13 am »

LOL!

You got me. I'm expecting to be let down and very pissed off.
The higher they build you up, the further you will fall...

Tia, i thought you were a DIE-HARD Vanessa Fan.And fans like u will like all of her music whether good or bad

Tia

• View Profile
    • Email
New Update *Sneak Peek*
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2004, 03:47:52 am »
Quote from: "nessaRox"
Tia, i thought you were a DIE-HARD Vanessa Fan.And fans like u will like all of her music whether good or bad

I am a huge VC fan because I like her music and I think it's unique and wonderful etc. I am purely here for the music. And if the music isn't good enough, or if it turns out to be crap I am not gonna say that I like it! You cannot be a true fan when you profess to love her music even if you hate it.

Xenophanes

New Update *Sneak Peek*
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2004, 09:08:53 am »
And if the music isn't good enough, or if it turns out to be crap

Well, if we're right in the guesses we have so far for the track listing, Papa, C'est La Vie, She Floats, Afterglow, and San Francisco and Morning Sting (both of which I myself haven't heard, but those who have seem to really like them) will all be on Harmonium. That means that there will at least be six tracks, or over half the album, that are bound to be good (we've liked them all when they're live, and I don't think that recording can ruin them). Plus, there are the two Blizzard Songs, which V seems to really like (and I really doubt that if she likes it, we'll hate it) and Private Radio, which was going to be the lead single (so I think it's safe to assume that that's not at all a total piece of cr@p). And then there's the one song that we have no idea what it is, so that could forseeably go either way. However, that's just one track out of the entire CD, and just looking at the lineup I can't see at all how Harmonium could "turns out to be crap."

VaderDawsn

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
New Update *Sneak Peek*
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2004, 03:20:31 pm »
I think that every moment we wait, the higher the expectations will be for some that they will be disappointed, no matter what.  Recording can mess up "good tracks" if they are overproduced or the dredded back beat is added to her raw piano bliss to make it "danceable" or "poppy".  I have faith in the songs VC writes, but I am concerned about the production company.  I have heard manay of the new songs live or from live recordings and i have enjoyed them, but in the hands of a mis-directed producer the songs may become flops..Of course if I am not mistaken, her bf is one of the producers which hopefully ensures some purity but recording companies have tremendous power over artists since the foot a lot of the production bill.   The longer we wait, the more of a malise falls over her fans, which can cause apathy.  I certainly have not reached that phase, but others have.  I am frustrated about waiting though. Particularly since my hopes keep getting raised and then dashed by unexplained delays.
Just my rambling 2 cents.
-Samantha

For me it's a glance
And a smile on your face
A touch of your hands
An honest embrace - VC, Home

KULPDOGG

• View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
New Update *Sneak Peek*
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2004, 03:34:44 pm »
Quote from: "VaderDawsn"
I think that every moment we wait, the higher the expectations will be for some that they will be disappointed, no matter what.  Recording can mess up "good tracks" if they are overproduced or the dredded back beat is added to her raw piano bliss to make it "danceable" or "poppy".  I have faith in the songs VC writes, but I am concerned about the production company.  I have heard manay of the new songs live or from live recordings and i have enjoyed them, but in the hands of a mis-directed producer the songs may become flops..Of course if I am not mistaken, her bf is one of the producers which hopefully ensures some purity but recording companies have tremendous power over artists since the foot a lot of the production bill.   The longer we wait, the more of a malise falls over her fans, which can cause apathy.  I certainly have not reached that phase, but others have.  I am frustrated about waiting though. Particularly since my hopes keep getting raised and then dashed by unexplained delays.
Just my rambling 2 cents.

oh, calm down!
the album will roxors, and you will love it enough to lick it, but then find out it doenst taste like anything, so you wipe it off and listen to it some more!

VaderDawsn

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
New Update *Sneak Peek*
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2004, 03:43:58 pm »
Quote from: "KULPDOGG"
[
oh, calm down!
the album will roxors, and you will love it enough to lick it, but then find out it doenst taste like anything, so you wipe it off and listen to it some more!

Mmmmm....tasty music...
-Samantha

For me it's a glance
And a smile on your face
A touch of your hands
An honest embrace - VC, Home

DutchNessaHolic

• View Profile
    • http://www.vanessacarlton2003.tk
lol
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2004, 04:44:09 pm »
well i would like to see em chance the audio previews to the ones from harmonium by august or something.

30 sec. previews would be nice.

this whole thing is only getting more excited

nessaRox

• View Profile
    • Email
New Update *Sneak Peek*
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2004, 08:52:30 pm »
I agree!!
30 sec clips should be out by September

tylor2000

• View Profile
New Update *Sneak Peek*
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2004, 05:38:30 am »
Quote from: "VaderDawsn"
Quote from: "KULPDOGG"
[
oh, calm down!

Mmmmm....tasty music...

If it doesn't taste like anything, does that mean it will be tasteless? ;)

tylor