Author Topic: "This Is More Than A Fairytale"  (Read 20568 times)

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
"This Is More Than A Fairytale"
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2007, 09:35:16 pm »
I don't know how some people can say they have doubts on how well it is going to do AND also say she is doing anything close to selling out.  Think about that for a second.  The song is just different.  Once you figure out it's your perception let us know.

reveng_desire

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - sammy0190@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - SpiratiesAnon
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - reveng_desire
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2007, 09:39:37 pm »
Quote from: "ManuelD"

When did this become about Nelly Furtado anyway?

I asked about it.

But I didn't intend for WWIII to break out :P
Do You Notice How Many Lonely Hearts Are LUNATICS Out There??

tylor2000

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2007, 09:42:26 pm »
Quote from: "reveng_desire"
Quote from: "ManuelD"

When did this become about Nelly Furtado anyway?

I asked about it.

But I didn't intend for WWIII to break out :P

LOL, no world wars here.  Just arguing sense.  It comes rarely to me now so I have to make the point when I see it.  :razz:

xxlovelyxx

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - xbutterfliesx23
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2007, 11:00:55 pm »
what a bunch of babies.....

tylor2000

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2007, 12:16:34 am »
Quote from: "xxlovelyxx"
what a bunch of babies.....

Can we ban Jen yet?  :razz:  She is now trying to inflame the emotions of  people she calls babies.  Just ignore the kiddos, kiddo.  :roll:

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2007, 03:02:16 am »
Quote from: "Twilight_Angel"
the thing is-nolita fairytale is exceedingly catchy. Lyricaly (sp?) its not as clever as her older songs. But musicaly, its genius. Most people loved it right away  :D

although I am a huge fan of all her songs, some take getting used to. Not everyone is patient enough to listen to them repetitivly.

and lastly- unsung wouldnt have done well! Its so hard to like. I'm only just beginning to like it and I have had the album for years  :lol:

OK i'm done =]

I liked Unsung 1st time I heard it.... everyone has a different opinion.
"Music produces a kind of pleasure that human nature cannot do without."
-CONFUCIUS

"It is hard. You have to fight for who you are everyday" -VANESSA CARLTON

givemer0mance

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • AOL Instant Messenger - givemer0mance
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/letsgetdowntodisco
« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2007, 03:44:20 am »
the thing is-nolita fairytale is exceedingly catchy. Lyricaly (sp?) its not as clever as her older songs. But musicaly, its genius.

i disagree. i think her lyrics are amazing. they're simple and somtimes "simple is best". its not as innocent as atm, but its not as dark and deep as her songs on harmonium. i think the lyrics sound more accepting and pure. they simple words are describing how she feels in the simplest way she knows and is trying to communicate that to the listener.
the "pop"-y sound is just what she might seem to feel inside and thats how she can show her emotions within the song.

when i listen to songs, i see colors, so ill try and do it that way if the above way made no sense. when you listen to atm i picture colors of "innocence" like whtie, light pinks and light yellows. when you hear songs on harmonium, i think of dark, right colors like brown and red sometimes. but on nf i see a pure white and dark, rich greens. i think she's found a way in herself to express the depth of her songs by using simple lyrics.

am i making any sense? sorry if im not.
wording things isn't my strength. =)

charmedguy18

« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2007, 03:58:51 am »
Quote from: "givemer0mance"
the thing is-nolita fairytale is exceedingly catchy. Lyricaly (sp?) its not as clever as her older songs. But musicaly, its genius.

i disagree. i think her lyrics are amazing. they're simple and somtimes "simple is best". its not as innocent as atm, but its not as dark and deep as her songs on harmonium. i think the lyrics sound more accepting and pure. they simple words are describing how she feels in the simplest way she knows and is trying to communicate that to the listener.
the "pop"-y sound is just what she might seem to feel inside and thats how she can show her emotions within the song.

when i listen to songs, i see colors, so ill try and do it that way if the above way made no sense. when you listen to atm i picture colors of "innocence" like whtie, light pinks and light yellows. when you hear songs on harmonium, i think of dark, right colors like brown and red sometimes. but on nf i see a pure white and dark, rich greens. i think she's found a way in herself to express the depth of her songs by using simple lyrics.

am i making any sense? sorry if im not.
wording things isn't my strength. =)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synesthesia

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2007, 07:48:48 am »
^ Do you actually see the colors, like you're tripping on drugs, or do you just think in your head and associate the music with a certain color? Because I can associate certain musical tones with colors, but it's not something completely weird. To me Nolita Fairytale seems like it would have bright colors like yellow and bright green or pink. Idk just bright, summery fun colors.

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2007, 08:09:25 am »
dunno if this has been posted...

Seemingly following the main trend in music industry lately, pop crooner Vanessa Carlton stepped up with R&B producer Irving "Gotti" Lorenzo for her next album. Gotti admits to play the role as "co-pilot" in Carlton's third album "Heroes and Thieves".

In late 2006, Carlton was signed by Gotti's recording house "The Inc." to do a record under the label. Those asked to come on board for this project are 7 Aurelius, Rick Rubin and Third Eye Blind lead singer Stephan Jenkins, who also did his part in Carlton's second album "Harmonium".

"I think Irv is a fantastic A&R man, and he really can't contain his excitement," Carlton said upon the collaboration. "He has like, no filter, when it comes to expressing himself, and I thought that unbounded energy was so appealing. He's a fantastic music executive. They're hard to find. So, I took the step."

On personal level, Carlton describes this album as "the best patch of songs I've ever written". It will include some songs that she co-wrote with hitmaker Linda Perry. "It's a pretty uplifting album with a lot of layers going on in," Carlton says. "(There are) very complex arrangements but everything just makes me feel good and not in a simplistic way. It's the most honest album I ever made, and it's the only record I've made that I really look at as a body of work as opposed to a bunch of songs put together. I think that shows. It really does feel like a real album."

"Heroes and Thieves" will arrive in stores October 9 with first single "Nolita Fairytale" hitting U.S. radio on July 17. Her second single is hinted as "Home", a ballad to balance her first up-tempo single.

Confirmed tracks so far are:

Nolita Fairytale
Hands On Me
Home
Heroes And Thieves
The One
Fools Like Me
Spring Street
My Best

charmedguy18

« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2007, 08:59:17 am »
Quote from: "white_houses"

Your icon is truly creepy.

Twilight_Angel

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2007, 09:36:25 am »
Quote from: "MeganJane"
the thing is-nolita fairytale is exceedingly catchy. Lyricaly (sp?) its not as clever as her older songs. But musicaly, its genius. Most people loved it right away  :D

although I am a huge fan of all her songs, some take getting used to. Not everyone is patient enough to listen to them repetitivly.

and lastly- unsung wouldnt have done well! Its so hard to like. I'm only just beginning to like it and I have had the album for years  :lol:

OK i'm done =]

I liked Unsung 1st time I heard it.... everyone has a different opinion.

exactly- if some people do like it and some dont, it may not have done well. nolita fairytale is something alot of people loved immediatly =]

givemer0mance

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2007, 10:03:32 am »
Quote from: "NoelleNC"
^ Do you actually see the colors, like you're tripping on drugs, or do you just think in your head and associate the music with a certain color? Because I can associate certain musical tones with colors, but it's not something completely weird. To me Nolita Fairytale seems like it would have bright colors like yellow and bright green or pink. Idk just bright, summery fun colors.

HAHA=)
no i guess i associate the music with colors.

givemer0mance

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2007, 10:09:33 am »
Quote from: "charmedguy18"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synesthesia

thanks for that! =)
now i can actually use that word.

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2007, 02:47:50 pm »
Quote from: "charmedguy18"
Quote from: "white_houses"

Your icon is truly creepy.

thanks...