Author Topic: I'm nervous! (blood drive)  (Read 4029 times)

sayyouwould

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • MSN Messenger - xsayyouwouldx@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sayyouwould
    • View Profile
I'm nervous! (blood drive)
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2004, 08:33:11 pm »
My papa benny used to give blood to the blood drive at his temple all the time. I would give blood but I think I'm too young. But maybe I should look into that.
I rely on my illusions to keep me warm at night

snapple936

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Snapple936
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2004, 09:02:53 pm »
haha that's really weird, because i also just signed up to give blood. i'm not scared, mainly because when i had a ski accident a couple of years ago they had to take blood every half an hour. i got so used to it that i could sleep through them taking blood. so now i'm thinking that it's my duty to give blood to save others, in case i'm ever in a situation where i need blood (or one of my loved ones needs blood).  it's the karma thing. like, letting a car go before you at an intersection- i also do that in hopes that someone else will let me go later. haha. um, ok.

kelley

EDIT- my bad! good luck with your blood. i'm sure it'll be great! :-) and just think, you could be saving a life... and YOUR blood could be in someone else's body.. and that's just a litttttle weird. :-) jk. you'll do fine!
...i'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints, the sinners are much more fun, you know that only the good

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2004, 09:40:49 pm »
Quote from: "snapple936"
EDIT- my bad! good luck with your blood. i'm sure it'll be great! :-) and just think, you could be saving a life... and YOUR blood could be in someone else's body.. and that's just a litttttle weird. :-) jk. you'll do fine!

Wow, now that you mention it, it does sound kinda weird lol

But about being scared I don't think i'll be too scared.. at least not until the day of the actual event lol. But like just last semester I had my knee accident where my kneecap popped out at school while I was in the lockeroom after P.E. when I fell  & the paramedics had to come and stuff and so if I can handle having my kneecap popped out for over a freakin hour (it seemed forever until they popped it back in!) I think i'll be okay now that I think of it lol

jessica73

• You aren't tryin'
    • MSN Messenger - cloud_strife_73@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - bluedragonrider1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/dragonknight337/
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2004, 01:11:57 pm »
I hyperventilated when I saw the needle and the bag for how much they would be taking the first time, when I was in 11th grade o_o Almost fainted, I panicked so much. And the screaming involved.  :oops: How embarassing.
Starbuck is mai waifu

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2004, 11:34:24 am »
I signed up for the blood drive on Friday.

Please help me out and tell me what goes on, I asked the girl Nelly and she was like, "oh it doesn't hurt one bit! they give you a free movie ticket and cookie after"

I dont think that will help me after they drain me of my blood...

I'm so scared of needles but I want to help out, no one was signing up so I gathered my courage and did, but now going through with the blood drive is going to take another big ounce of courage!

help! (details...pain.... blood...*oh god*)

Manda

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2004, 11:48:43 am »
haha- well we haven't had ours yet.. I have no clue when it is or anything, I haven't heard anything about it, but that is not fair, we don't get shit after we give blood lol it's okay tho, it'll be for a good cause.

I forgot all about the blood drive until my thread was bumped up, I wish they would say when it is.. ahh my school is bad with that stuff. They don't tell us anything until like two days before hand, so yeah lol

Manda

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2004, 11:56:38 am »
Ours is like this week, because I think I saw on the banners around school that it was March 2, but I may not be sure.

you think that cookie and free movie ticket is going to help me???

hell no!!!

lol

I'm soooooo stressing about it...

Manda

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

Chloe

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - evanessa831
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Nessaholic831
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2004, 11:58:15 am »
Quote from: "Manda"
you think that cookie and free movie ticket is going to help me???

mmmm cookies and moooovies...LOL

Things are going crazy and I'm not sure who to blame...
November 9th 2004...H a r m o n i u m!!!
Spare me just three last words, I love you is all she heard...

Manda

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2004, 11:58:50 am »
yes laugh Chloe. but I'm scared shitless!

:P

Manda

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2004, 01:37:30 pm »
ooo, how funny- march 2nd is going to be your worst day and it is going to be my best day! bwahaha

I'm just kidding.. good luck tho, you'll do fine. I don't get nervous about this stuff until like the day of, so I'm not worried. It won't kill ya.. so don't worry about it.

Manda

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2004, 05:58:09 pm »
My friend said they get to go home right away after they give blood!

not cool!

Manda

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2004, 09:49:47 pm »
It turns out we do get a snack & something to drink after! woohoo! lol

I'm not sure if I'm gonna go through with it.. we got the slip today that it is on Thursday. I'm still thinking about it lol

Manda

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2004, 10:11:34 pm »
I'm not!

My mom gave me the low down...they say she has really good blood, my mother.

and she said it hurt, the needle is huge and its very painful.

:?

she said the third time she gave blood was her last because it was an awful experience.

I'm not signing my papers!

lol

Manda

(good luck to you if you do!)