Author Topic: What the hell is that?? Re:Icon  (Read 31200 times)

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
Re: Vanessa back with A&M? Re:"Icon"
« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2011, 09:39:06 pm »
Yes, we know about it.

It has NOTHING to do with Vanessa and/or 'Rabbits On The Run'.

The 'Icon' album is a waste of money (from a fan's point of view).

mysticalmists

• Make me high on lullabies
  • LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGIN.
    • View Profile
Re: Vanessa back with A&M? Re:"Icon"
« Reply #76 on: January 07, 2011, 05:33:53 pm »
Interesting..I'm surprised they're promoting V even if she has left A&M.

Does anyone know what other songs are on there? Just curious to see what they consider her "greatest hits" :P

Giuliana

• You think you'll be happy if granted one more wish
    • MSN Messenger - giulianacaminotti@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nessaholic.chu@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • twitter
    • Email
Re: What the hell is that??
« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2011, 08:59:00 pm »
Yeah, I know, weird.
I don't think there are new tracks though, 'cause she left A&M in very bad relashionships... but, who knows right?

I just hope ROTR is released soon!

Did anybody purchase the album?
Which songs are on it?

xx
But the truth is, you'll never need more than this

CelestialHorse

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 09, 2011, 11:20:59 pm »
That would have been nice to get unreleased songs on there! :)

Personally, I am not a greatest hits or best of person D: I'm picky lol.

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2011, 04:56:10 am »

lol, me either.  Half the time the songs that people swoon over and are popular with the masses, I rarely listen to.  Such as ATM, WH, OD, and NF.  I tend to skip them, or start the cd after those tracks.  Not that they aren't amazing songs or dislike them...I just want to experience something different than the masses.
~Sara~

OPENROAD

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2011, 02:17:43 pm »
Decided to buy it, so pre ordered it over Christmas, still haven't got it yet, obviously no new tracks on the cd, but hopefully it will come with a booklet and I love the CD cover. Will let everyone know when I get it.
Never too late to change the pace
oh how the days creep up on you
but the goodness is something you don't have to chase
cause its following you

barefootonbeaches

• Are the echoes coming back to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2011, 04:35:46 pm »

lol, me either.  Half the time the songs that people swoon over and are popular with the masses, I rarely listen to.  Such as ATM, WH, OD, and NF.  I tend to skip them, or start the cd after those tracks.  Not that they aren't amazing songs or dislike them...I just want to experience something different than the masses.

Me too! My favorite song is Home, but when I tell my friends that I like Vanessa, they automatically think my favorite song must be ATM, so they start singing it or whatever, and it kind of annoys me that people automatically think that that's my favorite song. I think ATM and/or NF might have the lowest play count in my iTunes of all my VC songs. I wish my friends would like more of the music I like, because our music tastes are pretty dissimilar, but I also don't want to force my preferences on them, because I don't like it when people do that to me. Still, I wish I could spread the Vanessa love! <3
I have a really cool The Fray gif that I would like to put here, but I don't know how. :(

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: January 10, 2011, 11:10:03 pm »

Me too! My favorite song is Home, but when I tell my friends that I like Vanessa, they automatically think my favorite song must be ATM, so they start singing it or whatever, and it kind of annoys me that people automatically think that that's my favorite song. I think ATM and/or NF might have the lowest play count in my iTunes of all my VC songs. I wish my friends would like more of the music I like, because our music tastes are pretty dissimilar, but I also don't want to force my preferences on them, because I don't like it when people do that to me. Still, I wish I could spread the Vanessa love! <3

Sometimes I wish friends shared my love because then we could enjoy the music together while hanging out.  On the other hand, I love that I have this private experience.  Home is my all time fav, I used it in my wedding for my bridesmaid processional. I wanted to use it as my processional but the part I wanted was too far into the song and I wasn't sure if the timing would be right, so I used Michelle Branch's "It's you" instead.  Everyone LOVED Home.  My photographer then used it on her website for awhile, I'm not sure if she still is.  I made sure to print out my music selections in my program so that I could share the V love.
~Sara~

sabasaba

« Reply #83 on: January 11, 2011, 01:11:33 am »

I couldn't agree more. I hate it when people immediately refer to 'A Thousand Miles' whenever Vanessa is brought up. I don't even like it all that much anymore, to be quite honest. Whenever I have the radio on, it's always either that, 'Pretty Baby' or 'Ordinary Day' that are played. Lately, I've mostly been listening to upcoming ROTR tracks. I also try my best to spread the Vanessa love without being too pushy. I do love 'Nolita Fairytale', though, and 'White Houses' is my all-time favorite song.

sabasaba

Re: What the hell is that?? Re:Icon
« Reply #84 on: January 11, 2011, 01:25:16 am »
Not feeling this 'album' all that much, pre-ordered it anyway. La-di-da..............

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: January 11, 2011, 02:26:25 am »
Not feeling this 'album' all that much, pre-ordered it anyway. La-di-da..............

For a SPLIT second I thought you meant ROTR, I was about to die. LoL!  Let us know if it's worth it (CD inserts, ect.)
My take on pretty baby - loved it.  I didn't even realize it was a single (because I RARELY listen to radio) until I had to re-purchase the CD (as mine was all torn up and scratched to high holy heaven and could no longer listen to most tracks).  I did not like the revamp or "radio version" as it says on the album.  Pretty Baby was one of my favs because I had a "relationship" like that at the time and it was like she was read my diary to write that song.
~Sara~

OPENROAD

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 11, 2011, 02:56:56 pm »
Can see where people are coming from, that when you mention Vanessa, most people who don't know her music think A Thousand Miles, when she is so much more than that,

Having said that, in a way it is kind of a complement that people still remember the song, and it is an all time classic, I never tire of listening to it, and allows Vanessa to carry on making albums.
Never too late to change the pace
oh how the days creep up on you
but the goodness is something you don't have to chase
cause its following you

WhiteRabbit

• Your true colors shown
  • 'Cause It's All White On White....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: January 12, 2011, 10:38:14 pm »
almost anyone i ask doesnt even know who sings ATM. my own mother being one of those people, naturally.

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 13, 2011, 05:15:14 am »
almost anyone i ask doesnt even know who sings ATM. my own mother being one of those people, naturally.

Same here. LOL.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

WhiteRabbit

• Your true colors shown
  • 'Cause It's All White On White....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: January 13, 2011, 04:51:49 pm »

Same here. LOL.
LOL. my mom wont give her a chance, ever. it kinda annoys me cause she reffers to Vanessa as 'that woman' lol