Author Topic: Making of Rabbits On The Run text version  (Read 4019 times)

Nessaholista

Making of Rabbits On The Run text version
« on: February 28, 2011, 12:56:20 am »
"You know to be honets I wasn't sure if I was ever going to do another record. I was really kind of heading the direction of scoring and soundtrack staff, and I had to kind of reinvestigate my entire process. I basiccaly had to fundametally change the way I approach making music. and part of that ment I think I need to change my inviroment completly I had to get out of New York

Once I wrote the first song of the record I reallize that this is the type of record - I think - I has to do comlpetly of my own. I left my label and became a comlpetly self financed independent project. And so that ment I had to make my ideal record. In somehowe achive some sort of fantasy scenerio and there are four things that ended up being imperitive to achiving the fantasy scenerio.

So the first part of the aquation was to find the guy that helps create this atmospheric kind of dreams creepy sound for the band called Doves. Doves is my favorite bands - very influent band - and they do most of their work themselves and they're very independet. They do lots with this man Steve into this world so I really despretly wanted to find.

The second element I wanted to find was the children's choir.   I write these melodes... just built for childrens choir... I never worked with childrens choir before so I need to find this choir.

The third element was recording all of this to tape, to... to actual tape which doesn't really exsiting anymore, so it is very important for me to be an analog project....

The fourth element was finding the drummer in a band called My Morning Jacket,  his name is Patrick Hallahan. I asked him if he wanted to do it. I sent him some songs he came over we hang out and drink, couple of drinks and he's been one of most supportive friends and artist for me in this project. So we all.. we packed up and we went to England and I ended up at Real World Studios which is Peter Gabriel's studio that he bould just outside...  and Real World endned up being kind of this secret fifth element I didn't know i needed, but I did. It was just so wonderful, I never lived and worked in a studio before and it was truly one of most magical moments I've ever had in my life."

Feel free to correct it if I wrote something wrong, I'd appreciate it!

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
Re: Making of Rabbits On The Run text version
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 03:09:16 am »
"You know to be honets I wasn't sure if I was ever going to do another record. I was really kind of heading the direction of scoring and soundtrack stuff, and I had to kind of reinvestigate my entire process. I basically had to fundamentally change the way I approach making music, and part of that meant I think I need to change my environment completely. I had to get out of New York

Ones I wrote the first song of the record I reallize that this is the type of record - I think - I has to do completely of my own. I left my label and it became a completely self-financed independent project. And so that meant I was gonna have to make my ideal record and somehow achieve some sort of fantasy scenerio and there are four things that ended up being imperative to achieving that fantasy scenerio.

So the first part of the quation was to find the guy that helps create this atmospheric kind of dreamscapey sound for the band called Doves. Doves is my favorite bands - very influential band - and though they do most of their work themselves and they're very independent, they do allow this man Steve into their world so I really desperately wanted to find him.

The second element I wanted to find was the children's choir. I write these melodies sometimes that are just built for children's choir. And I've never worked with children's choir before, so I need to find this choir.

The third element was recording all of this to tape, to... to actual tape which doesn't really exist anymore, so it is very important for me to be an analog project....

The fourth element was finding the drummer in a band called My Morning Jacket. His name is Patrick Hallahan. I asked him if he wanted to do it. I sent him some songs he came over we hang out and drink, couple of drinks, and he's been one of most supportive friends and artist for me in this project. So we all  packed up and we went to England and I ended up at Real World Studios which is Peter Gabriel's studio that he build just outside at the back.  

And Real World ended up being kind of this secret fifth element I didn't know I needed, but I did. It was just so wonderful, I never lived and worked in a studio before and it was truly one of most magical moments I've ever had in my life.

Oh, it's beautiful!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 03:19:50 am by [sobriquet] »

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

Nessaholista

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 03:31:44 am »
Thanks   ;)

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 03:37:35 am »

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

Nessaholista

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 03:43:25 am »
I want to translate it, and make subtitles for make the other fellow hungarians to understand it. That's why I need the correct text :)

HeroesAndThieves

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
  • love plastic love
    • MSN Messenger - heroesandthieves@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 04:06:10 am »
You know to be honest

Good luck translating it  ;D

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 04:08:43 am »
I want to translate it, and make subtitles for make the other fellow hungarians to understand it. That's why I need the correct text :)

That's very thoughtful of you. (:

Manny

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2011, 08:12:57 am »
The Spanish Version!  ;D

"Para serte honesta no estaba segura de si alguna vez iba a hacer otro disco.  Estaba tomando la dirección de la banda sonora  esas cosas, y tuve que volver a investigar mi tipo de proceso. Básicamente tenia que cambiar la forma en que me acerco a hacer música, y parte de eso quería decir que yo necesito cambiar mi entorno por completo. tuve que salir de Nueva York.

una vez escribí la primera canción del disco  me di cuenta que - creo - que tengo que hacerlo por mi cuenta. Salí de mi sello discografico  y se convirtió en un proyecto completamente independiente con financiación propia. Y lo que eso significaba que iba a tener que hacer mi disco ideal y de alguna manera lograr algún tipo de fantasía. Así que la primera parte de la ecuación  era encontrar el tipo de ayuda a crear la atmósfera de este tipo de sonido de sueños, para el grupo llamado 'Doves'. 'Doves' es una de mis  bandas favoritas - muy influyente banda -la mayoría de su trabajo lo hacen por sí mismos y son muy independientes, que permiten que este hombre Steve en su mundo, así que realmente quería buscarlo.

El segundo elemento que quería encontrar era el coro de niños. Escribo estas melodías que a veces son construidas para el coro de niños. Y nunca he trabajado con un coro de los niños antes, así que necesita encontrar este coro.

El tercer elemento fue la grabación de todo esto en cinta, ... es algo que en realidad no existe más, así que es muy importante para mí tener  un proyecto análogo ....

El cuarto elemento fue encontrar el baterista en una banda llamada My Morning Jacket. Su nombre es Patrick Hallahan. Le pregunté si quería hacerlo. Le envié algunas canciones se acercó a pasar el rato y beber unos tragos, y ha sido uno de los amigos que nos apoyan y es un  artista para mí en este proyecto. Así que  empacamos las maletas y nos fuimos a Inglaterra y acabé en Real World Studios, que es el estudio de Peter Gabriel que construyó en la parte trasera.

Y Real World terminó siendo de este tipo quinto elemento secreto que yo no sabía que necesitaba, pero lo hice. Fue tan maravilloso, que nunca vivi y trabaje en un estudio  antes y es realmente uno de los momentos más mágicos que he tenido en mi vida.

¡Oh, es hermoso!

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2011, 09:01:04 am »
Just to point out that when on about Peter Gabriel's studio she says ' that he built just outside of Bath.'

That's really kind to do all the translations, get some more fans onboard.

Pushglow

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2011, 10:17:49 am »
Perfect, thanks! I will make the french subtitles for YouTube.

cassiemoy

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2011, 11:39:29 am »
"You know to be honest, I wasn't sure if I was ever going to do another record. I was really kind of heading in the direction of scoring and soundtrack stuff, and I had to kind of re-investigate my entire process. I basically had to fundamentally change the way I approach making music, and part of that meant I think, you know, I need to change my environment completely and I had to get out of New York.

Once I wrote the first song for the record I realized that this is the type of record I think I was going to have to do completely on my own. I left my label and it became a completely self-financed, independent project. And so that meant I was gonna have to make my ideal record and somehow achieve some sort of fantasy scenario and there are four things that ended up being imperative to achieving that fantasy scenario.

So the first part of the equation was to find the guy that helped create these atmospheric, kind of dreamscape-y sound for a band called Doves. Doves is my favorite bands - very influential band - and though they do most of their work themselves and they're very independent, they do allow this man Steve into their world so I really desperately wanted to find him.

The second element I wanted to find was the children's choir. I write these melodies sometimes that are just built for a children's choir. And I've never worked with a children's choir before, so I need to find this choir.

The third element was recording all of this to tape, to... to actual tape which doesn't really exist anymore, and so it was very important for me for this to be an analog project....

The fourth element was finding the drummer in a band called My Morning Jacket. His name is Patrick Hallahan. I asked him if he wanted to do it. I sent him some songs, he came over, and we hung out, we had a drink - couple of drinks - and he's been one of most supportive friends and artists for me in this project. So we all  packed up and we went to England and I ended up at Real World Studios which is Peter Gabriel's studio that he built just outside of Bath.  

And Real World ended up being kind of this secret fifth element I didn't know I needed, but I did. And it was just so wonderful, I had never lived and worked in a studio before and it was truly one of most magical moments I've ever had in my life.

Oh, it's beautiful!"
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 11:41:55 am by fish_for__stars »
formerly fish_for__stars.

Pushglow

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2011, 01:17:10 pm »
Here is my subtitles (.srt). Feel free to use my timing, I respected the frame cuts. I made it with SubtitleWorkshop.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/2s6xy129uul3w73/fr-rotr-teaser.srt

So french people, clic on the CC button at the bottom of the player to see the french captions.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ9AyX0zwPU
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 03:04:05 pm by jérémy »

Manny

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2011, 09:47:51 am »
I have added spanish subtitles to the video!

I believe it's %90 acurate!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXG_gnNGDiI