Poll

Who's sick of hearing about Britney's marriage/annullment?

Me!
11 (52.4%)
Nope I love hearing it every minute, all day
2 (9.5%)
I could care less
8 (38.1%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: January 05, 2004, 08:39:58 pm

Author Topic: Who's sick of hearing about Britney's marriage/annullment?  (Read 12549 times)

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2004, 05:18:56 pm »
exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! zzZZzzz

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

xxjenniferxx

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/xsorealx/Jesus.html
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2004, 05:54:59 pm »
Her career is a joke....and for some reason i am still not laughing..

yuma chuumie yuma caka daka faka faka kadaca in the zone.... im in the zone wanna get  in the zone  if you paka faka daka laki chaki i'm in the zone.. in the zone...{/sarcasm]what the heck is she singing..

where the hell do they get these people thinking they can sing....

let's just say i am sick of her..
 :roll:

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2004, 06:15:50 pm »
Quote from: "Amanda-Panda"
Its a joke! geez, she's a human being just like the rest of us.

Yes, she's a human being, which also means she has to face the repercussions of what she did. The reason people don't find it so funny is because marriage is not a joke! Marriage is a scared, important event. Why else do you think people make a big deal about it? I think maybe it would be more of a joke if she said she got married, but didnt actually do it. But since she actually went through the vows and got married, it's not so funny. When someone jokes about something scared such as marriage, religion, etc... it's not funny, and that's why this is a controversy. Celebs especially need to be careful about this. Remember when one of the Beatles said they were as big as God or when Sinead O'Connor ripped the picture of the pope and how much controversy that caused? Some people get mad when people mess with sacred things that are important to them, and they have a right to.
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

Blake

• **BANNED**
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • http://www.LinkinPark.com
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2004, 06:59:09 pm »
Quote from: "Laura"
Oh and I wish people would quit assuming everything she does is just a publicity stunt...Christina Aguilera is all whining about the kiss thing being a publicity stunt, but didn't she do it too?

And the marriage thing...it's not like she was the first one to come out and tell everyone "Oh I got married, then got it annulled!" No, people that were part of the wedding did. If she wanted publicity she woulda wen't on TRL or some major entertainment show and came out and be like "I got married in Vegas, but that was a big mistake" but she didn't make a statement until it got out by the people that were in the wedding or whoever shouted it out to the world.

The joke thing sure alot of people don't get, but it really is none of our business what happened that night. She doesn't have to give all the details of what happened, it's her life.

Whatever...I'm gonna shutup now, lol

Haha, as if she didn't figure that anyone be it people in the wedding or any guests would be completly silent about it. They had no legal binding to be silent unless she made them sign something or swear to be secret. She obviously didn't. She knew it would get out and she knew she didn't have to say a thing, that's the thing. Just as someone like me who doesn't have cable and yet within 24 hours of the VMA's I had seen the pic of BS and Madonna kissing about 12 different sites, and seen video clips on just about all the channels I have.

Quote from: "Laura"
TRL: "Britney got married, then got it annulled!"

Like we didn't fucking already know...excuse my language. I'm really amused that these shows are still talking about it. It's like 'yeah you already told us that yesterday' *rolls eyes*

See you just said it yourself. TRL said "Britney got married, then got it annulled!" And just like the people on the radio here keep talking about it - It was on the news sequence on the AOL sign on screen, it's on tons of message boards now with people debating/discussing like this. She knew it would get out, it's that easy.

It's rather funny also, I'd almost bet it's her record label telling her to do these things. Just as I got todays and yesterdays "All Access" report emails, there was one of the advertisements...

Quote from: "All Access Report"

=================
BRITNEY SPEARS/Toxic

On Your Desk Now!

Impact date 1/13

Click here to listen:
http://www1.allaccess.com/sounds/britoxi.ram

A message from Jive
=================

See look! New single "Toxic" being released 1.13 that's one week from today. And who just got herself back into the public eye, as if she were hardly out of it.

Quote from: "amanda-panda"
Its a joke! geez, she's a human being just like the rest of us.

I have some friends who are real die hard britney fan's and they were not upset or anything about what she did, they said its her life, and if thats what she wanted to do then let her.

It was a New Year's joke, she IS a cool gal, I don't hate her or antyhing, I'm just not a fan of her music, and I get sick now and then hearing about every little thing she does.

It was her choice (and his) whats so wrong about it.

I have no problem with it. People need to lighten up.

Manda

Haha, do you have enough sense not to make fun of people who are mentally ill or have physical disablities? I sure hope so, I do! She SHOULD have enough brains not to make fun of marrige. Rather she likes it or not girls young and old look up to her as a role model it's pretty sad now. I know I don't want my sister walking around like a skank making fun of anything she feels worth her time.

The thing is she isn't "cool" she isn't a good role model. I cannot blame her for making money of the stupidity of people, but then again, that's why a good number of people bought t.A.T.u.'s album. They thought they were lesbians, and they made out on their video's and whatever. It was funny though when people found out that the man at the record label who had signed them or whatever had started the rumor of lesbians and had done it before as a sales ploy. Didn't you notice how once people found out they had long time boyfriends and wern't lesbians THEIR SECOND SINGLE FLOPPED. I believe it got to #39, and I'd guess that if they didn't have such a high played first single, they would have been lucky to get #45.

exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It would be nice if you would limit your explanation mark's to 3-4 per sentance.

Sig & Av By LJ User: Shinodaguitar

JazzyManda

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - JazzyTrumpet07
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2004, 07:03:35 pm »
i really don't care about her or her personal life so i voted that i could care less.

Amanda

Manda

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2004, 08:05:33 pm »
was I supposed to read that?

lol

anyways, I dont care what she does!

it was a joke.  :D

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

Blake

• **BANNED**
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • http://www.LinkinPark.com
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2004, 08:31:43 pm »

lol

it was a joke.  

How many times will you say this I believe this is around #12.

Sig & Av By LJ User: Shinodaguitar

Manda

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2004, 09:05:53 pm »
Quote from: "Maverick"

Lets make it 13.
IT WAS A JOKE!

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2004, 09:09:50 pm »
Quote from: "Maverick"

lol

it was a joke.  

*agrees with Daniel*

Manda

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2004, 09:10:59 pm »
how about #14 serious people.

It
WAS
A
JOKE
!

:?

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2004, 09:12:16 pm »
and some jokes just aren't funny

Manda

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2004, 09:12:22 pm »
::olympic::

Manda

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2004, 09:12:48 pm »
:mrgreen:

Manda

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2004, 09:13:17 pm »
:amylee:

oh that one says "amy lee"

Manda

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2004, 09:13:56 pm »
:jester:  :jester:

some jokes aren't funny, you need a jester, you got two.