Author Topic: jessica weiser  (Read 41448 times)

jessicaweiser

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
jessica weiser
« Reply #90 on: June 20, 2003, 09:42:54 am »
Quote from: "pianoguy88"
I dropped ur name in scotland Jess to a couple of friends and showed them ur website but i dunno if they ordered anything. :(

I only promote extreme talent!!!!

Keep up the music!!!!! 8)

Thanks!! :)

jess

jessicaweiser

• View Profile
Re: hey Jess!
« Reply #91 on: June 20, 2003, 09:45:45 am »
Quote from: "MeechNess"
So, how many takes does it usually take you to get a song right when recording? I'm afraid that when I start recording my stuff at a studio(not on my computer like I do now) that I'll waste a lot of time re-recording the songs that it'll cost a lot more money than I had hoped it would.... Oh, I have a CDs worth of songs right now, hehe... but they aren't copyrighted... How many songs all together do you have? I need to write more, learn more, and all so I can play in coffee shops and all... because people won't want to just be hearing the same thing everytime I play, lol..

Honestly, I did most of the vocals in 1-3 takes.  Really it was kind of the same with piano and guitar when I recorded those too.  I just made sure I practiced a lot before I went to the studio so I wouldn't waste anyone's time (the studio I recorded in was expensive).  There were little parts of songs that I started to obsess over and maybe took me a few more takes than usual, but that's because I am a perfectionist and wanted things to sound just right.  

I think I have like 30 songs or something, but I rarely play the old ones.  

If you want to copyright your material put it all onto one cd (just make a compilation, even if they are rough recordings), type out all the lyrics and print and fill out form PA.  It costs $30 but this way you are protected.  

Good luck :)
jessica

BWilli

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Re: jessica weiser
« Reply #92 on: June 20, 2003, 09:51:07 am »
Quote from: "jessicaweiser"
...I recently took a huge step and quit my day job.....I stopped listening to my head and listened to my heart

i'm beginning to think thats what i should do....

LimeTwister

« Reply #93 on: June 20, 2003, 10:03:05 am »

If you want to copyright your material put it all onto one cd (just make a compilation, even if they are rough recordings), type out all the lyrics and print and fill out form PA.  It costs $30 but this way you are protected.

my ELPS teacher said you could go the "poor man's route" and make a copy of everything, and just mail it to yourself.  The post office dates it, and if you keep it sealed.  Then if anyone copies you, you have proof it's yours.

jessicaweiser

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 21, 2003, 09:56:47 am »
Quote from: "LimeTwister"

my ELPS teacher said you could go the "poor man's route" and make a copy of everything, and just mail it to yourself.  The post office dates it, and if you keep it sealed.  Then if anyone copies you, you have proof it's yours.

Actually this will not stand up in court.  I know that a lot of people suggest this, but there was a whole thing about how if you went to court you could still lose if you do this way.  

jessica

jessicaweiser

• View Profile
Re: jessica weiser
« Reply #95 on: June 21, 2003, 09:59:55 am »
Quote from: "BWilli"
...I recently took a huge step and quit my day job.....I stopped listening to my head and listened to my heart

i'm beginning to think thats what i should do....

On the one hand, I want to tell you GO FOR IT! :) No matter what, doing what you love in life is the most important thing... and I truly believe that.

On the other hand... Be prepared for a long, hard road.  When we planned all this out we had X amount of money saved which definitely did not turn out to be enough.  If you are a musician, you have to learn to deal with rejection, not getting paid, b.s. in the industry, flakey musicians, and a whole lot more.  Get used to selling things on ebay to pay your rent, eating rice and mac and cheese for dinner frequently, and not being able to pay bills.

Now, i don't mean this to be negative at all... All I'm saying is 1) formulate a plan way in advance, 2) don't quit a job until you have something to fall back on, 3) Prepare yourself mentally and emotionally--know that it won't be easy, but be strong enough to be willing to take that chance.

I wish anyone who follows their heart the best... it is one of the best things I've ever done, even if it hasn't been the easiest...

:)
jess

DMccanless

• Make me high on lullabies
    • AOL Instant Messenger - drmcc6685
    • View Profile
    • Email
jessica weiser
« Reply #96 on: July 01, 2003, 01:39:19 pm »
im definately put money into getting all three. your song "Vine" has got me interested...i want to become a musician too and everything your saying is exactly what ive been told. be prepared to get some doors shut in your face. my parents have told me not to get my hopes too far up, but i love them cause they are still supporting me all the way. lol...the other night my mom asked me to sing her a song to go to sleep... ;)

LimeTwister

jessica weiser
« Reply #97 on: August 15, 2003, 01:01:08 pm »
:D

jessicaweiser

• View Profile
jessica weiser
« Reply #98 on: September 27, 2003, 09:33:07 am »
There is new info on my website about what I'm going to be doing next...check out the Journal area of the site

;)

Blake

• **BANNED**
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • http://www.LinkinPark.com
jessica weiser
« Reply #99 on: September 27, 2003, 09:40:42 am »
There is new info on my website about what I'm going to be doing next...check out the Journal area of the site

;)

*Checking out the site*

It's totally cool! I love the photography!

Sig & Av By LJ User: Shinodaguitar

jessicaweiser

• View Profile
jessica weiser
« Reply #100 on: September 27, 2003, 09:42:07 am »
Thank you! Those are some of the photos we used on the album :) My friend Noah shot them and he is amazing: http://www.noahgrey.com

Blake

• **BANNED**
    • View Profile
jessica weiser
« Reply #101 on: September 27, 2003, 09:45:40 am »
Thank you! Those are some of the photos we used on the album :) My friend Noah shot them and he is amazing: http://www.noahgrey.com

Yeah he did awesome job! You piano playing is awesome! I'm listening to the clip of "Falling" it's great!

Blake

• **BANNED**
    • View Profile
jessica weiser
« Reply #102 on: September 27, 2003, 09:50:07 am »

:wink:

jessicaweiser

• View Profile
jessica weiser
« Reply #103 on: September 27, 2003, 03:44:52 pm »
Thank you!! :) You rock! I need to get my piano out of the case... I haven't played it in awhile and I am getting separation anxiety ;)

LimeTwister

jessica weiser
« Reply #104 on: September 27, 2003, 05:14:05 pm »
falling as in falling further in?

I love that song...It's great! i haven't listened to jessica in awhile (well actually it was a month ago)...

jess, how have you been btw?