Author Topic: Rent (the movie)  (Read 9223 times)

kaysha

• Administrator
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
Rent (the movie)
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2006, 09:37:16 am »
Quote from: "PianoGirl4444"
Quote from: "kaysha"
movie was nothing compared to the play.  they took away from jonathan's entire story, it was sad.  and rosario can't sing, her acting was okay but her performance in out tonight was disrespectful.  i think everyone should see the play =)  It is a great story!

I must stick up for Rosario.  She was BY FAR my favorite part of this film.  Granted, I haven't seen the play, so maybe that has something to do with it.
The only thing i liked about her was the fact that she didn't look like she was 40!  Given the story is supposed to be a bunch of teenagers struggling in nyc using the OBC was probably not a great decision... i really love most of the original cast however they were pushing it 10 years ago when the play was first released anyway.

I think for someone that has never seen the play they will probably enjoy the movie a lot, but for me it just felt like a really long music video that didn't end.

=)
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton

JazzyManda

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - JazzyTrumpet07
    • View Profile
Rent (the movie)
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2006, 01:39:58 am »
I agree Rosario's singing can not compare to the original Mimi.. especially her "out tonight" but I think she played the part well, though I could have done without all the spread eagles in the strip club..

And yeah, the musical is a rock opera, it's not supposed to have dialogue, but it's a movie.. it's not going to be exactly like the stage version. They also cut out 2 or 3 songs..

I've seen this movie three times now and I never get tired of it. I'd cry if they didn't have the OBC in this. seriously. Although the current broadway cast I hear is amaazing, especially the Maureen

Amanda

PianoLover24

Rent (the movie)
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2006, 09:23:18 am »
Can anyone rip the audio from this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qav1vaDM224&search=Cary%20Shields

i really like this roger....didn't care for Adam Pascal...and i like this performence...Thanks!

Rick

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
  • building up falling apart—
    • AOL Instant Messenger - j3llyb0nes
    • View Profile
    • blog
Rent (the movie)
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2006, 11:37:31 pm »
the movie was awesome. dealt with HIV and AIDS. it's sad that someone dies.

Rick

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
  • building up falling apart—
    • AOL Instant Messenger - j3llyb0nes
    • View Profile
    • blog
Rent (the movie)
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2006, 05:48:21 pm »
my favorite song was tango: maureen