Author Topic: Not looking good for Hands on Me  (Read 15595 times)

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
Not looking good for Hands on Me
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2008, 08:10:51 pm »
the promo for "Nolita" and the album was crap. sorry, but it was. who the hell promotes an album the same day it comes out? because aside from V mentioning it in a few radio interviews and the buzz on the internet, no one else knew about it which reflects in the album's sales.

they need to force her out there into the spotlight. get people to notice her and start actually promoting the album & its singles. the single went to radio in july 2007 and they had her debut the video on TRL in october, three months later...what's that all about?

hopefully the promotion is tighter and in full effect this year.

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2008, 08:14:16 pm »
im so tempted to throw pictures and papers that say vanessacarlton.com off a huge building or walking around town with my ihome playing hands on me with a blow horn or something! and dont forget about the dollar bill campaign, on my site [link in my siggy] there are instructions! so start writing on your $$$$

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2008, 08:15:04 pm »
Quote from: "iluvvanessa"
im so tempted to throw pictures and papers that say vanessacarlton.com off a huge building or walking around town with my ihome playing hands on me with a blow horn or something!

well shit, you might have to if Irv doesn't step up to the mark.

Morgan

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - deeperthansurface@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2008, 08:47:58 pm »
XD, you might get a ticket for "disturbing the peace".
That would be quite a sight alright.
Don't worry you guys.
That's what she said.

Butz

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2008, 05:32:56 am »
If he dares to give another interview in which states hig huge love and belief for Vanessa, i'll snap.

That's what i don't get, he says he believes in her. She's something fresh. And than he doesn't do anything with it.

At times i really think she made a mistake signing with his label. It still isn't on it's feet, and Vanessa is surely the victim. I hate to think this way.

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2008, 07:30:41 am »
Its great that he believes in her but he needs to believe in the publicity process too, like Vanessa said in pleased to meet you:
"some people live for the point of being famous, thats the point of their job...I dont. I've always gotten enough validation from my family and friends where i feel like i dont have to seek it out. But i want my music to reach people so i have to through the whole publicity process."
i dont know if the Harmonium publicity was good because i wasnt really into the whole music world because i was only like 10 or 11 when it came out, but i feel like it probably wasnt that great because the album only sold around 100,000 copies, and Heroes and thieves has don worse believe it or not, it has only sold 50-60,000. but i think she needs to get some posters hung up in music stores, start putting her albums in the front racks of the stores where you can see it while walking past the aisle and just jump the gun so to speak on the publicity.
but she also doesnt really care about being famous as long as her music reaches adn touches people, so she might be happy, and if she is happy then i am too.  :D

Morgan

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2008, 07:55:45 am »
Yeah, those are good ideas, but I wouldn't necessarily buy a CD just because it was right there. I would rather be introduced to it by a friend or a family member that loves music as much as I do. Publicity would be so great, and for those, let's say they were looking for a Vanessa Carlton CD before, and they forgot about it. But then they went to a music store, and they saw the CD up in front, so they went "Oh yeah!" and bought it. I don't know how many people just buy CDs for the sake of buying them, but I really don't want anyone to be deprived of having the chance to listen to music that they actually might like, a lot.
All this is really just a weird way of trying to say I agree, though. Irv should get his butt in gear. (XD)
That's what she said.

ordinaryday6

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ordinaryday6
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2008, 08:24:16 pm »
not that it matters in the scheme of things, but i was building a myspace playlist on http://www.projectplaylist.org, and an ad for vanessa was on one of the pages.. one of those things.. text vc[some number] to [some number] to download the hands on me ringtone

http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/imgad?id=CMWDhtva-q7C6wEQ2AUYTzIImOJKwMwA2MU
Samuel
(he/him)

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2008, 09:14:54 pm »
ha nice one of my friends told me about that too she was on youtube I think and some other site and said she saw it on there

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2008, 09:40:03 pm »
ya if you go to my site, it comes up a lot as the ad on the top! it was exciting when i first saw it was was like OMB   8O i cant believe my eyes i must be dreaming!

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2008, 09:52:39 pm »
whats omb?

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2008, 10:01:42 pm »
oh my buddha

Morgan

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2008, 12:26:19 pm »
LOL That is funny. OMB.
That's what she said.

musician

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2008, 09:22:41 pm »
i thought that Irv is doing his job well to promote her...Does he prefer to do more for his rap artists?
The dreamers got punished most by truth

ordinaryday6

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ordinaryday6
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2008, 09:42:36 pm »
i haven't really seen any promotion anywhere, except that music store someone had a picture of on here...
Samuel
(he/him)