Author Topic: 7/19/2007: Bowery Ballroom - New York, NY (review)  (Read 21896 times)

ILoveHanson

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - HansonGirl
    • View Profile
7/19/2007: Bowery Ballroom - New York, NY (review)
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2007, 02:29:12 am »
umm.. so i haven't been online in a few days. got invited to the after party on the balcony and i got a little too drunk.. oops... they called an ambulance on me when i went outside and i spent the night in the hospital. :(

then i saw hanson the next 2 days so i haven't been online.

but the show was sooo awesome. and i have lots of amazing full videos to share, but i'm going to see counting crows now so i dunno when i'll get them posted. my time on the internet is really limited these days.
*Nicole*

I'm always on the move, my heart is always on the mend

www.twitter.com/hansongirl
www.last.fm/user/ILoveHanson

kaysha

• Administrator
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2007, 02:32:07 am »
whoa!  they called an ambulance?  hope you're doing okay.  did they just let you sleep it off or did they put an IV in you with a banana bag or whatever they're called?

can't wait to see the vids and photos!  Also would like to hear about the show and party from what you remember :)

-katia
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton

Twilight_Angel

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2007, 09:41:13 am »
that sounds like the most awesome experience  8O

I am officially 100% jealous!

thankyou so much for the pics though  :D  :D  :D

wow. I cant wait to see her life when she comes here.....  she will.......ok??

KULPDOGG

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2007, 11:19:30 am »
Quote from: "Unicorn"
Oh, man. That was you, Kulpdogg?! I stood to your left the entire night, hahaha.

Last night's show was pretty awesome. Kulpdogg pretty much covered everything. Vanessa wowed and entertained us. My only complaint was that she didn't perform for more than an hour. I really thought she was going to do a full set. She better do a full set when she tours properly later this year. And please bring a band with you next time. Last night was the 5th or 6th time (I've lost count) I've seen her and I've only seen her once perform with a band before (Irving Plaza show during the BNN days). I want to hear how the songs from Harmonium sound like with a band live and of course, the new songs from H&T as well.

Irv was hilarious and endearing with his comments about Vanessa. I can never get over how enthusiastic he is whenever he talks about her. It's so refreshing.

Here is a picture of Vanessa when she was about to go inside the venue:

And a blurry picture of her after WTS (such a pretty dress!):

ohhhh hahaha hey!

thanks so much for posting that pic of her outside, I wanted to take one so badly, but you know, i kinda didnt want to at the time...

-------------------------------------------

Quote from: "ILoveHanson"
umm.. so i haven't been online in a few days. got invited to the after party on the balcony and i got a little too drunk.. oops... they called an ambulance on me when i went outside and i spent the night in the hospital. :(

but the show was sooo awesome. and i have lots of amazing full videos to share, but i'm going to see counting crows now so i dunno when i'll get them posted. my time on the internet is really limited these days.

omg, Nicole! wow... I hope you're all better

& awesome about the video thing, I didn't know if you got any or not..
I'm hoping you got Who's to Say at least, cause of the whole 'who we are' thing...

oh, and heres some good news, someone message'd me on Myspace with the links to 2 videos which they requested that I post on here...

so, here ya go

Heroes And Thieves -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdXuJcstM4M
you can hear me say "you're my hero!" at the very last second of the video.

A Thousand Miles -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z2g8xOMiVQ
you can kinda hear me say "know" after Vanessa sings "I, I Don't" and pauses...
hey, I like the Interlude lyrics :)

edit:
mp3's of the videos ^

Heroes And Thieves -- http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com/VanessaCarlton-HeroesAndThievesLive0.mp3

A Thousand Miles -- http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com/VanessaCarlton-AThousandMilesLive07-.mp3

Manny

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2007, 01:49:15 pm »
^ Thank you! :D

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2007, 01:57:28 pm »
Holy cow!
Thanks for these!
Heroes & Thieves :heart:
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

Martin.

• Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2007, 02:25:43 pm »
Thanks a lot for the videos! :D

Martin.

• Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2007, 02:31:12 pm »
I love the "A Thousand Miles" performance. You all seem like a tight bunch just singing and laughing along with Vanessa.

BWilli

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2007, 05:37:30 pm »

aw...thats our lil nicole  ;p

haha, hope youre feeling better.

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - anthony_the_great_g6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mattia1045
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2007, 11:50:32 pm »
Thanks for the audo and vid :)

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone
www.freewebs.com/nessfan12<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

ILoveHanson

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2007, 03:42:18 am »
Quote from: "kaysha"
whoa!  they called an ambulance?  hope you're doing okay.  did they just let you sleep it off or did they put an IV in you with a banana bag or whatever they're called?

can't wait to see the vids and photos!  Also would like to hear about the show and party from what you remember :)

-katia

well... it was open bar... vanessa was just shmoozing with all the people up there. when she saw me she was like "hi! how are you! you're drinking again!" and i said "so are you!" and we talked for a minute but it's personal, so... yeah. then she left. then i talked to irv and i was so drunk, i actually CRIED to him about how i think it's so great what he's doing for vanessa because we really just want to see her succeed, and how i believe he really feels her music like i do... omg i was such an emotional drunken mess. but irv didn't seem to mind. he invited me to some private show she was playing for louis vitton handbangs on saturday, but i was seeing hanson in boston that day so i couldn't make it.

they didn't have me hooked up to an IV or anything. they were totally over-reacting. i was drunk, but no drunker than i have been before. it wasn't alcohol poisoning or anything... they were just worried cuz i was alone... and all i was begging was for them to just take me to port authority so i could catch my bus to see hanson, but they wouldn't. so i had to take a later bus when i got out of the hospital. lame.

i'll post the vids soon. they are SO amazing, and the sound is perfect.
*Nicole*

kaysha

• Administrator
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2007, 07:51:23 am »
well... it was open bar... vanessa was just shmoozing with all the people up there. when she saw me she was like "hi! how are you! you're drinking again!" and i said "so are you!" and we talked for a minute but it's personal, so... yeah. then she left. then i talked to irv and i was so drunk, i actually CRIED to him about how i think it's so great what he's doing for vanessa because we really just want to see her succeed, and how i believe he really feels her music like i do... omg i was such an emotional drunken mess. but irv didn't seem to mind. he invited me to some private show she was playing for louis vitton handbangs on saturday, but i was seeing hanson in boston that day so i couldn't make it.

they didn't have me hooked up to an IV or anything. they were totally over-reacting. i was drunk, but no drunker than i have been before. it wasn't alcohol poisoning or anything... they were just worried cuz i was alone... and all i was begging was for them to just take me to port authority so i could catch my bus to see hanson, but they wouldn't. so i had to take a later bus when i got out of the hospital. lame.

i'll post the vids soon. they are SO amazing, and the sound is perfect.
in a very strange way that sounds really cool.  can't wait to see the vids since you're taunting us :) :) :P
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton

lavender skies

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2007, 10:02:41 am »
I'm so stoked for the videos!

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2007, 10:40:28 am »
moi aussi.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

ILoveHanson

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2007, 06:21:04 pm »
ok i got The One up so far. i'm about to leave again to see hanson for a couple days so i dunno when i'll get the time to upload more. enjoy this for now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuoOMZrlUis
*Nicole*