Author Topic: Pepsi Smash  (Read 12427 times)

Blake

• **BANNED**
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • http://www.LinkinPark.com
Pepsi Smash
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2003, 10:42:26 am »

Sig & Av By LJ User: Shinodaguitar

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Pepsi Smash
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2003, 11:11:57 am »
Quote from: "blackvulture"
Quote from: "kiisnsync"
The first band to perform was Staind!!! They did amazing! Aaron (sp?) is a great singer, I love his voice. They did “For You” and “So Far Away”.
Then came what I thought was the best part of the show… Staind came back for an encore and sang  “It’s Been Awhile”. Omg, they killed it! Seriously awesome job!!! They are amazing live!

hell yeh! I'm glad you got a chance to see them perform. Aaron is incredible, no doubt about it! The emotion he delivers with every song... So you a fan now? hehe

yeah, he definatly gave it alot of emotion! i'm not a fan like i am of Ev or Nessa... but yeah, i'm a fan! i like their stuff!  :)  i think i'll get their cd when i can.
this is one of the things i love about pepsi smash, i get to see artists for free that i wouldnt normally go to see in concert. and i'm fans of so many more bands now that i wasnt before!
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Pepsi Smash
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2003, 11:16:18 am »
you know what was sad about last night? there are usually 800 people allowed into the studio, that was their legal capacity allowed. but like 45 mins before the show started the fire marshall showed up and lowered that number down to 650! so over 100 people who had been waiting and gotten their tickets had to go home before the show started! when we were waiting to get in (We were in the floor section and the last section to be allowed in) they were taking forever to allow us in, but luckily my friend and i were allowed in... but i feel so bad for all those other people. i know i woulda been upset if i had driven all that way and didnt get to see the show afterall.

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Pepsi Smash
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2003, 10:54:15 pm »
Tonights Pepsi Smash was awesome as usual!!! =) I went with Viviana, Domenica and Heather!
We got there around 6 and got the floor section again! we kinda got to the front of the section while we were waiting lil by lil… lol.
When they first started we wanted to be by the north stage where we knew Rooney and Cold were going to be… but they made everyone go towards the south stage!!
Jewel started! She was awesome! She seems very down to earth and stuff so that was cool! She sang Intuition, Stand and Who Will Save Your Soul. You could tell that during WWSYS that she didn’t know the words any more… lol, she was like making stuff up!
Then Rooney came on! We got right next to the stage! Which made this girl behind us mad… omg, she was such a jerk. She kept pushing me and talking about me behind my back. Let’s just say I didn’t like her at all… lol. I guess she was a fan and wanted to be next to the stage, and I would have if she wasn’t so mean, but not after she acted like that!
Anyways… Rooney was really good! They kinda have a 70’s style to them with the clothes and haircuts! Their music is really good!!
The next onstage was Nappy Roots, they sang one song, I don’t know what it is, but I think it’s whatever their single is now! They had to sing it twice. Then they sang “Po’ Folks” and I kinda like that song… but they had to sing that one twice as well! I just wasn’t feeling them… but I think it’s partly because I just wanted Cold to come out! Lol.
The next band was Cold who was by far the best part of the night!! I saw them at the Nintendo Fusion tour and really liked them then! I had taken pictures of them that I got developed today and brought them along hoping I could get them signed! We were next to the stage again, we made a deal with some Rooney fans that if they let us infront for Cold, we’d let them infront when Rooney came back for the encore! I was able to get Scooter’s (the lead singers) attention and held up the photo! At first he acted like he wasn’t going to come over and sign it! But he did! I said I took the picture last night and they rocked and he just smiled and nodded while he signed. Then I had a cool picture of Sam (the drummer) so I held that up and Sam nodded and smiled, so we thought he’d come over later but he didn’t! They sang “Stupid Girl” which rocked!! Omg. Then they left, but came back again and Scooter said something like “since you guys rocked so much, we’re going to sing it again!” So they did!!! yay!! Then I was holding my pictures and this guy who worked with them was standing next to me and asked to see them. He told me how it was the first time they used that backdrop and I said it was awesome. He told me he’d get Sam to sign my picture so he took it and went backstage! Later on he came back and gave me the autographed picture and said “He says that’s awesome! He really liked that picture!” so that made me happy! =) Later on the same guy came back over to us and handed Domenica and I each a drumstick saying they were from Sam!! It was soooo nice of them!! Thanks to whoever that guy was… cause he made my night!
Then Ben Harper came out and sang his single which is called something like “both your hands” he was ok! But they had to do the song twice! Then he sang “stealin’ kisses” which was awesome cause I love that song!!!
Then Rooney came back and sang 2 more songs! Theyre good!
And thankfully our section was the first one they let leave! So we got on the first bus for the first time ever! We always have to wait for a bus for a long time! We got back to the car about 10:30 which is like the earliest we ever have!
So yeah… it was a good night!! But I have to get up in like 3 hours to go to the airport! I think I’m just gonna stay up all night tho…

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Trading Yesterday
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BVulture
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theageof.info
    • Email
Pepsi Smash
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2003, 12:30:03 am »
I'm totally jealous that you got to meet Scooter!

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Pepsi Smash
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2003, 11:30:12 pm »
Pepsi smash was good tonight! We got there at around 5:30pm and waited an hour and a half so we could get a good place on the floor…. Not only did we not get a good place on the floor… but we didn’t get a place on the floor at all! They made us sit in the bleachers even though we had a white ticket which meant floor! Oh well, we still had fun! =)
The host was a comedian named Anthony ( I don’t know his last name)! He was sooo funny, he made a good host!
The first performance was the All American Rejects!! They rocked!!! Omg, and Tyson is HOT!!! They sang “Swing, Swing” and “Time Stands Still!”
The next performance was Ashanti! She did really good! She sang “Rock Wit You” and her new single “Rain on Me”
The next singer was Dido! She rocked!! Omg, I love her voice and she’s so pretty! It was kinda cool cause they did the whole performance on the lil circle stage in the middle and it was just her and a guy on an acoustic guitar! They both sat on stools and it was more intimate. She sang “White Flag”. Anthony was totally flirting with her, lol, he was like “Dido’s my white baby mama!”
The next band was Yellow Card! They rocked!!! I love their unique sound! I had never heard of them before! They’re like a punk band, but they have a violinist and I thought that was a good touch! Btw… the violinist was hot! So is Ryan, the lead singer! They sang their single, “Way Away”.
Then Dido came back to do her encore! She sang “Thank You”! Which made me happy! =)
Then Fabolous and Lil’Mo was next! They were good! Lil’Mo sang one of her songs from “Girl next door” I don’t remember which one! Then Fabolous sang “This is my Party”. Then they sang “Can’t Take You Home”! they had to redo that one! It’s the only song that was done twice this episode which was a miracle.
Then Yellow Card came out again and sang “Ocean Avenue” and “October Nights”! I love them!! I got the lead singer’s autograph! His name is Ryan and he’s hot!! The violinist is hot as well! For the first time at Pepsi Smash I met a hot guy celeb! Woo hoo!!
We didn’t have to wait too long for a bus and we got back to the car at 10:22 which I think is like a record!

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Trading Yesterday
    • View Profile
    • Email
Pepsi Smash
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2003, 11:36:08 pm »
The next singer was Dido! She rocked!! Omg, I love her voice and she’s so pretty! It was kinda cool cause they did the whole performance on the lil circle stage in the middle and it was just her and a guy on an acoustic guitar! They both sat on stools and it was more intimate. She sang “White Flag”. Anthony was totally flirting with her, lol, he was like “Dido’s my white baby mama!”
Then Dido came back to do her encore! She sang “Thank You”! Which made me happy! =)

very jealous. I wanna see her live so bad! I cant wait for a US tour this fall.

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Pepsi Smash
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2003, 10:50:59 am »

very jealous. I wanna see her live so bad! I cant wait for a US tour this fall.

awww... well you're going to love her tour!

LimeTwister

Pepsi Smash
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2003, 11:20:50 am »
when will that one air?

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Pepsi Smash
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2003, 05:23:37 pm »
the one i just went to will be on next wednesday, August 20th

the one on tonight is Jewel, Rooney, Nappy Roots, Cold and Ben Harper

LimeTwister

Pepsi Smash
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2003, 05:30:02 pm »
yea i just watched jewel,rooney, n.roots and now on ben...i don't really like ben harper...

but jewel was great!

LimeTwister

Pepsi Smash
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2003, 05:40:09 pm »
now that i said that he starts playing the all ways have to steal my kisses from from you song...I love that one!!!....so ben isn't that bad i guess.

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Pepsi Smash
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2003, 08:39:52 pm »
Sounds like fun Holly. I am glad Fabolous didn't sing his new song ... I'd rather listen to grating chalk than that song. UGH lol

-Brian
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Trading Yesterday
    • View Profile
    • Email
Pepsi Smash
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2003, 09:33:12 pm »
I actually got a headache from the hip-hop and r&b garbage I had to sit through waiting for Dido to come on.
She was beautiful tho!

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Pepsi Smash
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2003, 03:05:07 pm »
I actually got a headache from the hip-hop and r&b garbage I had to sit through waiting for Dido to come on.
She was beautiful tho!

yeah... Fabulous and lil Mo kinda annoyed me watching it again... Ashanti was alright tho. and All American Rejects and YELLOWCARD were good! but i'd have to say Dido was the best!! :) and the host, Anthony, rocked! i loved his lil thing singing with Ashanti.