Author Topic: geeze..doesn't anyone read?  (Read 13698 times)

sayyouwould

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • MSN Messenger - xsayyouwouldx@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sayyouwould
    • View Profile
geeze..doesn't anyone read?
« on: December 26, 2003, 08:48:52 pm »
I have just currently finished a book called life is funny by E.R Frank. It's about all these different teenagers lives that tie together at the end. It made me realize that there is a bigger world out there other than the little town that I live in. It's a kind of odd book...kinda dirty at times. If you can't take the occasional fuck here and there well this book is not for you.

Also I am reading a book called please stop laughing at me which is about a girl who got bullied so badly at school. I haven't really gotten that far in it but the book is supposed to be good and is to make people think twice about bullying.

so those are my recomendations if you read... :lol:
I rely on my illusions to keep me warm at night

JazzyManda

• AOL Instant Messenger - JazzyTrumpet07
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2003, 08:53:43 pm »
no i read, i just don't know what to read. but you've got me interested in the first one. i like books that pull things together from different stories. kind of like Holes you know? so i think i'll check that one out. thank ya

Amanda

sayyouwould

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2003, 08:55:47 pm »
Ohh I loved holes. I had a read it a few times to grasp it. but when I finally figured it out I thought it was the greatest book!!

JazzyManda

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2003, 09:02:40 pm »
Quote from: "sayyouwould"
Ohh I loved holes. I had a read it a few times to grasp it. but when I finally figured it out I thought it was the greatest book!!

yeah. i read it in 5th grade. and then in 8th grade my english teach made us check out books for our 'free read time' so i just checked out holes all year and pretended i was reading it. *shrugs*

i thought it was cool though how the book told a story that took place 100 years ago and a story in the present and then tied them together in the end. that's my fave part about it.

Amanda

LimeTwister

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2003, 09:09:24 pm »
ick...i hated holes, and i went to see the movie thinking hey, it's gotta be more lively then the book! and it was the EXACT same...I was like ick...I about fell asleep.

JazzyManda

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2003, 09:11:36 pm »
Quote from: "LimeTwister"
ick...i hated holes, and i went to see the movie thinking hey, it's gotta be more lively then the book! and it was the EXACT same...I was like ick...I about fell asleep.

8O
*gasps*  

how could you fall asleep (about)?? lol

Amanda

sayyouwould

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2003, 09:22:26 pm »

OMG!! how can you say that!! that book will always be a cherished book in american literature. The movie was wicked awesome even though it was a tad different...if I do believe in the book it said stanley was fat...in the movie he was not fat....that makes a biiiiig difference...and in the book it said that he was always being made fun of...see biiiiiig difference...ok whatever... I dragged my dad to the movie theater to see holes and he fell asleep and when I said to him wow dad wasn't it so sad when staney and zero died from being bitten from the yellow spotted lizzards he said yes I teared up!! haha it was wicked funny.

JazzyManda

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2003, 09:26:25 pm »

OMG!! how can you say that!! that book will always be a cherished book in american literature. The movie was wicked awesome even though it was a tad different...if I do believe in the book it said stanley was fat...in the movie he was not fat....that makes a biiiiig difference...and in the book it said that he was always being made fun of...see biiiiiig difference...ok whatever... I dragged my dad to the movie theater to see holes and he fell asleep and when I said to him wow dad wasn't it so sad when staney and zero died from being bitten from the yellow spotted lizzards he said yes I teared up!! haha it was wicked funny.

Amen

lol
Amanda

Alecs

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2003, 12:32:24 am »
oh brother... :)
"The crows seemed to be calling his name thought Caw..."

sayyouwould

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2003, 01:17:29 pm »
Wow. I just finished Please stop laughing at me by Jodee Blanco and it was amazing. My hurt was filled with pain for her and happiness at the end of the book. It was a great poor. I personally thought this was an extemely powerful book which took a lot of courage for her to write considering it was about her own experiences. If you haven't read the book you should go pick it up from the library.

One Girl Army

• Make me high on lullabies
    • AOL Instant Messenger - skagirl62487
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - civilwarwriter24
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2003, 04:49:52 pm »
I'm reading Rise To Rebellion by Jeff Shaara and 1984 for school....ugh. I hate reading books for school. I'd rather read stuff I wanna read.
"We are made to bleed
And scab and heal and bleed again
And turn every scar into a joke
We are made to fight
And f**k and talk and fight again
And sit around
And laugh until we choke"
-Ani DiFranco

JazzyManda

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2003, 05:14:54 pm »
Quote from: "One Girl Army"
I'm reading Rise To Rebellion by Jeff Shaara and 1984 for school....ugh. I hate reading books for school. I'd rather read stuff I wanna read.

oh i know what you mean. teachers ruin the book because they make you dissect it and analize it to death.  :roll:

Amanda

sayyouwould

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2003, 05:19:16 pm »
Quote from: "JazzyManda"

oh i know what you mean. teachers ruin the book because they make you dissect it and analize it to death.  :roll:

Amanda

I love reading school books...we just read Romeo and Juliet..it was such a timeless classic. And a tale of two cities...ohh I have fallen in love with that book. I laughed,I cried...it was such a wonderful book.

wow I am a dork.

JazzyManda

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2003, 05:23:33 pm »
Quote from: "JazzyManda"

Amanda

I love reading school books...we just read Romeo and Juliet..it was such a timeless classic. And a tale of two cities...ohh I have fallen in love with that book. I laughed,I cried...it was such a wonderful book.

wow I am a dork.

lol no... you just read alot  

and that's a good thing  :wink:

Amanda

LimeTwister

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2003, 05:26:34 pm »
i am reading, more like skimming les miserables!...

holes was really boring! it had too many things happening and not enought clearity...

i am also reading Vittorio the Vampire....by anne rice.