Author Topic: Katharine McPhee  (Read 12160 times)

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
Katharine McPhee
« on: May 25, 2006, 09:54:17 am »
Yup, I had to start this one! hehe
I'll be waiting for her album to be released because she IS my American Idol this year! ;)
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Steveau98
    • View Profile
Katharine McPhee
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 10:37:39 am »
I'll probably buy her album too. Looking forward to seeing her live sometime. I'll probably have a good chance since she's practically my neighbor.  :razz:

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
Katharine McPhee
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 12:57:03 pm »
I will most definitely buy her album when it is released, no previews or promotion needed! :D
Dustin

moviemaker248

• Make me high on lullabies
    • AOL Instant Messenger - chwilbur
    • View Profile
    • http://www.areyouert.com
Re: Katharine McPhee
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 05:40:40 pm »
Quote from: "Ghisy"
Yup, I had to start this one! hehe
I'll be waiting for her album to be released because she IS my American Idol this year! ;)

Shocker!!!   :lol:

I didn't watch any Idol, but anyone who spells Katharine with two A's is ok in my book.

aleera84

• VCUBs
  • I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
  • OC bitch
    • View Profile
Katharine McPhee
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 06:59:02 am »
She seems great  :D

I guess if Ghis likes her then I would aswell so Ill look out for her cd over on amazon or ebay.

XtinaVanessa

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • MSN Messenger - edgyxtina@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - edgyxtina
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - christina_a_fan2001
    • View Profile
    • Email
Katharine McPhee
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2006, 04:10:20 pm »
I LOVE katharine!, She so should of won, All Season i voted and voted all those hours every night for her, but yeah I am so going to buy her Cd!

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • V-Unit!
    • View Profile
Katharine McPhee
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2006, 03:16:03 am »
Does anyone know if she ever recorded anything??
I didn't find anything overpriced on Ebay so I guess not!  :lol:
Ghisy

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • View Profile
Katharine McPhee
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2006, 09:20:50 pm »
I captured her performance on the Today Show this morning. They interviewed her with Taylor but it was just the usual boring questions so I didn't include it.

Here's the link: http://www.filefactory.com/?cfc582

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • V-Unit!
    • View Profile
Katharine McPhee
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2006, 11:13:26 am »
Sweet! Thanks Steve!
So I learned her single is gonna be out on June 27th!
It'll be "My Destiny" and the b-side is "Somewhere Over The Rainbow".
Here's the cover:

:dances:
Ghisy

Jameson

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - hollyoccala
    • View Profile
Katharine McPhee
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2006, 05:29:09 pm »
she's hot, and has a great voice. now thats what i'm talking about!!!!  :lol:
Quote from: Nicole
My breasts are so big... I never see my feet

"i Pity the fool..."

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • View Profile
Katharine McPhee
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2006, 02:29:45 pm »
Apparently she sang a couple of songs with Andrea Bocelli at his California dates including at the Hollywood Bowl. I wanted to see that show before I knew she was singing there and now I really regret not getting tickets to that.

XtinaVanessa

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • MSN Messenger - edgyxtina@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - edgyxtina
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - christina_a_fan2001
    • View Profile
    • Email
Katharine McPhee
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2006, 06:09:17 pm »
yeah she sounded really good on somos novios, but even better on the prayer....I saw it on youtube...if u guys wanted to see...i never went so maybe the videos didnt do justice....i dont think kat was real confotable and the mic was freaking loud kinda lol... her somos novios was kinda just like christinas so she prob listned to it, aww  :lol:

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • View Profile
Katharine McPhee
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2006, 07:01:44 pm »
Katharine McPhee's Bulimia Battle
Katharine McPhee's Bulimia Battle (from people.aol.com and featured in People's newest issue)

American Idol's Simon Cowell called runner-up Katharine McPhee's voice "the best of the competition." What hardly anyone knew, however, was that she'd risked destroying that voice: She'd struggled with bulimia for five years, and the self-induced vomiting could have taken away her ability to sing.

At her worst point, she was throwing up as many as seven times a day, which is like "putting a sledgehammer to your vocal cords," she tells PEOPLE in its new issue.

Finally, after successfully auditioning for Idol last fall, McPhee, 22, decided to seek help. "When I made it onto American Idol, I knew that food my eating disorder was the one thing really holding me back," she says. "I was bingeing my whole life away for days at a time So when I got on the show, I said, 'You know what? I can do well in this competition. Let me give myself a chance and just get ahold of this thing.' "

With the support of her parents, Peisha, 52, and Daniel, 57, and her actor boyfriend, Nick Cokas, 41, in October McPhee enrolled at Los Angeles's Eating Disorder Center of California, where she spent three months undergoing group and individual therapy, six days a week.

"I knew I had put off going to a treatment center long enough I'd been struggling with bulimia since I was 17," she says. "Growing up in Los Angeles and spending all those years in dance class, I'd been conscious of body image at a young age, and I went through phases of exercising compulsively and starving myself. Food was my crutch; it was how I dealt with emotions and uncomfortable situations."

Finally, her program at the Eating Disorder Center helped her gain control of her relationship with food but it wasn't easy. "I really had to surrender and give up having a free life to do the program, because I'd be there from 9 in the morning until 7 at night. I remember that first night, my dad holding me, crying and saying, 'I don't know why you have to suffer through this, but it's going to be okay.' "

Now, McPhee, whose first single comes out June 27, has dropped 30 lbs. as a result of the "intuitive eating" approach she learned at the center. "I learned that there's no such thing as a bad food," she says. "If you look at a doughnut, people think it's a fattening food why? Because if you eat it you'll get fat? No, you'll get fat if you eat 10 doughnuts."

Although McPhee admits she's still learning to deal with stress "I still bite my nails," she says she's much happier these days. Of getting treatment for her illness, she says, "That's why I say American Idol saved my life, because if I hadn't auditioned I don't think I would have gotten a handle on food."

The part I found interesting about the article was her boyfriend is 41.  8O I guess I'm not that old. What's up with all these good looking singers with these old dudes? LOL

clamicas

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - claricecassou@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Katharine McPhee
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2006, 07:15:44 pm »
Quote from: "Steveau"
Katharine McPhee's Bulimia Battle
Katharine McPhee's Bulimia Battle (from people.aol.com and featured in People's newest issue)

American Idol's Simon Cowell called runner-up Katharine McPhee's voice "the best of the competition." What hardly anyone knew, however, was that she'd risked destroying that voice: She'd struggled with bulimia for five years, and the self-induced vomiting could have taken away her ability to sing.

At her worst point, she was throwing up as many as seven times a day, which is like "putting a sledgehammer to your vocal cords," she tells PEOPLE in its new issue.

Finally, after successfully auditioning for Idol last fall, McPhee, 22, decided to seek help. "When I made it onto American Idol, I knew that food my eating disorder was the one thing really holding me back," she says. "I was bingeing my whole life away for days at a time So when I got on the show, I said, 'You know what? I can do well in this competition. Let me give myself a chance and just get ahold of this thing.' "

With the support of her parents, Peisha, 52, and Daniel, 57, and her actor boyfriend, Nick Cokas, 41, in October McPhee enrolled at Los Angeles's Eating Disorder Center of California, where she spent three months undergoing group and individual therapy, six days a week.

"I knew I had put off going to a treatment center long enough I'd been struggling with bulimia since I was 17," she says. "Growing up in Los Angeles and spending all those years in dance class, I'd been conscious of body image at a young age, and I went through phases of exercising compulsively and starving myself. Food was my crutch; it was how I dealt with emotions and uncomfortable situations."

Finally, her program at the Eating Disorder Center helped her gain control of her relationship with food but it wasn't easy. "I really had to surrender and give up having a free life to do the program, because I'd be there from 9 in the morning until 7 at night. I remember that first night, my dad holding me, crying and saying, 'I don't know why you have to suffer through this, but it's going to be okay.' "

Now, McPhee, whose first single comes out June 27, has dropped 30 lbs. as a result of the "intuitive eating" approach she learned at the center. "I learned that there's no such thing as a bad food," she says. "If you look at a doughnut, people think it's a fattening food why? Because if you eat it you'll get fat? No, you'll get fat if you eat 10 doughnuts."

Although McPhee admits she's still learning to deal with stress "I still bite my nails," she says she's much happier these days. Of getting treatment for her illness, she says, "That's why I say American Idol saved my life, because if I hadn't auditioned I don't think I would have gotten a handle on food."

The part I found interesting about the article was her boyfriend is 41.  8O I guess I'm not that old. What's up with all these good looking singers with these old dudes? LOL

lol, I don't get it either.

but that's horrible about her eating disorder.Why do you think she chose to tell that?publicity? or do you think maybe the magazine found out and asked if she wanted to explain herself.

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • V-Unit!
    • View Profile
Katharine McPhee
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2006, 04:45:27 am »
Quote from: "Steveau"

WTF?!!!
Seriously, what's up with that?!
Ghisy