Author Topic: All Things "Rabbits on the Run" Due: 06.21.11 -- Now 7.26.11?  (Read 343085 times)

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: "Rabbits on the Run" Thread
« Reply #465 on: February 17, 2011, 01:41:17 pm »
My mother just came into the living room to ask me something and I went, "Sorry, can't talk right now! We're having a crisis." She got all concerned and went, "What are you talking about?" And I went, "On the NESSAholics forums! We're discussing-" but she promptly rolled her eyes and walked out. I ran after her going, "Vanessa's management asked one of our mods to delete a tracklisting we posted for her upcoming album! Imagine that! We're discussing it. Martin was the first to speak up and voice his opinion, actually. Now everyone's talking about it.!" She went, "Ah, kinda like Martin Luther King." - which I found kinda funny. She then went on to diss V. I'd rather not mention what she said though. It was pretty mean.  :(

/coolstorybro

lol, I had a similar situation this morning. I was talking on skype to my mama and she said, what are you doing? I said, Typing on nessaholics.  she said, what?  NEssaholics mom!  It's a forum all about vanessa carlton.  ohhhhhh.  she did not insult though but I'm sure she thinks I'm crazy.  Anyway.  I know many wanted to stop talking about this, but I just wanted to add something!  How does the label thing a tracklist is more damaging than what we already have?? I mean, we have video and audio of  SIX out of TEN songs.  That's more than half.  I also agree with Martin, like what her labels have done in the past is any worse that what we have done.  If anything, we have done more promotion for her than they ever did.  with that said, this IS a new label and maybe they really don't want to take any chances.  It's commendable even though it doesn't seem to make much sense (to me).
~Sara~

WhiteRabbit

• Your true colors shown
  • 'Cause It's All White On White....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #466 on: February 17, 2011, 01:42:10 pm »
Why would the label download the album? Wouldn't they already have a copy of it?

I'm pretty sure WhiteRabbit means "the people", not the label...

Yeah, I do. Sorry for the confusion. I'm not sure what they meant eighter

sabasaba

« Reply #467 on: February 17, 2011, 02:23:24 pm »
My mother just came into the living room to ask me something and I went, "Sorry, can't talk right now! We're having a crisis." She got all concerned and went, "What are you talking about?" And I went, "On the NESSAholics forums! We're discussing-" but she promptly rolled her eyes and walked out. I ran after her going, "Vanessa's management asked one of our mods to delete a tracklisting we posted for her upcoming album! Imagine that! We're discussing it. Martin was the first to speak up and voice his opinion, actually. Now everyone's talking about it.!" She went, "Ah, kinda like Martin Luther King." - which I found kinda funny. She then went on to diss V. I'd rather not mention what she said though. It was pretty mean.  :(

/coolstorybro

lol, I had a similar situation this morning. I was talking on skype to my mama and she said, what are you doing? I said, Typing on nessaholics.  she said, what?  NEssaholics mom!  It's a forum all about vanessa carlton.  ohhhhhh.  she did not insult though but I'm sure she thinks I'm crazy.

LOL! She said something along the lines of "She should be grateful that she still has a fanbase" - it was actually kind of funny. Then, as usual, I'd go, "Don't insult Vanessa! >:("

HearMyBells

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
  • So you can put your weapons down...
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: February 17, 2011, 02:58:42 pm »
If anyone has the listing...can they PM me?

I swear i''ll buy the album even through I know what the name of tracks 4-7 are :-P

Nessaholic4Ever

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - none
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #469 on: February 17, 2011, 03:14:33 pm »
If anyone has the listing...can they PM me?

I swear i''ll buy the album even through I know what the name of tracks 4-7 are :-P

Yeah, me too?! LOL. I'm kinda going crazy right now knowing there's a tracklisting out there that the management didn't want made public. That says something, in my opinion.
I waste the days away
Waiting on a new age
But time betrays me
And I get older one more year

Nessaholic4Ever

• MSN Messenger - none
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #470 on: February 17, 2011, 03:20:22 pm »
Okay....wow. That message is pretty much confirmation, in my opinion. SO EXCITED.
I waste the days away
Waiting on a new age
But time betrays me
And I get older one more year

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: February 17, 2011, 03:59:21 pm »
I just wonder: Can we make a thread here and make it private for just us user?

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

sarab

• Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #472 on: February 17, 2011, 04:05:21 pm »
For the record, I had all of the Heros and Thieves songs except This Time and maybe a one other before I bought the album...and I STILL bought it.  But I suppose others are not as obsessive and since people can see these boards without being nessaholics, I can see some danger in it..i guess..
~Sara~

TRINIST

• Your true colors shown
  • Perfect hair, perfect heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: February 17, 2011, 04:06:19 pm »
Okay....wow. That message is pretty much confirmation, in my opinion. SO EXCITED.

What message? Does it have the quote from her management? PM me please :D

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: February 17, 2011, 04:16:56 pm »

What message? Does it have the quote from her management? PM me please :D

Done!

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
« Reply #475 on: February 17, 2011, 04:30:29 pm »
I just wonder: Can we make a thread here and make it private for just us user?

All of the messages in the available forums are accessible by all users, including those who aren't registered for the board. Sorry  :-\
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
« Reply #476 on: February 17, 2011, 04:44:43 pm »
I'll step into mod mode here, I'll even use the red text and everything!  :)

Realistically, whether we agree or disagree with the viewpoint of Vanessa's management, the track list for the album is currently a copyrighted property and therefore until it is released for public consumption we're just abiding by their wishes. They requested the thread be taken down, it was verified the request came from the management team and their request was fulfilled.

The music industry as a whole seems to be getting very vigilant regarding any leaks of music or information these days, which is unfortunate as fans can use that material as marketing tools for an artist, but again, it is what it is. Keep in mind this directive comes from the management team and not necessarily V herself, it's just one of those administrative things. The attack wasn't on the board or any members here, but an inquiry to find out who leaked the information.

I know it is exciting to talk about new music and to speculate, but sometimes we just have to play ball for a while. Considering how long we've waited, I think we can wait a little longer, right? :)
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 17, 2011, 04:51:19 pm »
I'll step into mod mode here, I'll even use the red text and everything!  :)

Realistically, whether we agree or disagree with the viewpoint of Vanessa's management, the track list for the album is currently a copyrighted property and therefore until it is released for public consumption we're just abiding by their wishes. They requested the thread be taken down, it was verified the request came from the management team and their request was fulfilled.

The music industry as a whole seems to be getting very vigilant regarding any leaks of music or information these days, which is unfortunate as fans can use that material as marketing tools for an artist, but again, it is what it is. Keep in mind this directive comes from the management team and not necessarily V herself, it's just one of those administrative things. The attack wasn't on the board or any members here, but an inquiry to find out who leaked the information.

I know it is exciting to talk about new music and to speculate, but sometimes we just have to play ball for a while. Considering how long we've waited, I think we can wait a little longer, right? :)

Very well said B!

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

ryan9315

• View Profile
« Reply #478 on: February 17, 2011, 06:53:54 pm »
That sucks that the tracklisting was taken down, but I see some positive though. The label cares enough that the tracklisting is on the internet enough to a point to ask to have it taken down. Even if it's a copyright thing, it symbolizes that they care much for Vanessa's fourth album and would like it to be a success.

lydia

• View Profile
« Reply #479 on: February 17, 2011, 07:02:18 pm »
That sucks that the tracklisting was taken down, but I see some positive though. The label cares enough that the tracklisting is on the internet enough to a point to ask to have it taken down. Even if it's a copyright thing, it symbolizes that they care much for Vanessa's fourth album and would like it to be a success.

Yeah, that is true.  And if they care about it so much, they will probably be doing a lot more publicity for it.
Hopefully, this means the album will be very successful!