John Kerry
17 (34%)
I'm not voting.
5 (10%)
I'm too young to vote.
15 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Voting closed: October 01, 2004, 06:52:55 am

Author Topic: Who are YOU voting for in November?  (Read 40147 times)

Will

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
  • Advanced anti-spam registrations filter
    • View Profile
Who are YOU voting for in November?
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2004, 09:55:19 pm »
Your vote doesn't matter in California. Or New York. Or Texas. Or Massachusetts.

In fact, you never were supposed to have a vote for president. The state legislatures were supposed to pick the electors. The same thing for the senators. Then the 17th amendment passed and now the people elect their senators. Now that the senators are no longer the lackies of the state legislatures, and the president isn't elected by the states, the federal government has been able to ignore amendment X.
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." -Ozzy Osborne

PIBby

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • MSN Messenger - ckdurbin@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - IWanted19ButGot2
    • View Profile
    • http://hometown.aol.com/sanchezhouse/
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2004, 05:30:30 pm »
A life? On the weekends? So do the rest of us. But she's still not replied - and only as I guessed, Zen. So predictable are the conservative voters; it's a given.

And it amazes me how the majority is so uninformed and stupid . . .

jlmusicchick

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2004, 06:41:23 pm »
Quote from: "PIBby"
A life? On the weekends? So do the rest of us. But she's still not replied - and only as I guessed, Zen. So predictable are the conservative voters; it's a given.

cece, it'd be pretty helpful if this was where you stopped talking out of your ass. just because she's a conservative, or at least voting conservative, doesn't necessarily mean that she's stupid or uninformed, it just means that she has different beliefs than you. is that so bad? no. people have different views and beliefs - it happens. maybe you don't agree with them, but no amount of criticism is going to change that. if she made the same comment about you being liberal then you would be furious, you're just mad because she's voting against the party you're for. you know i love ya cece, but really, get over it.

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2004, 07:06:21 pm »
Quote from: "jlmusicchick"
cece, it'd be pretty helpful if this was where you stopped talking out of your ass. just because she's a conservative, or at least voting conservative, doesn't necessarily mean that she's stupid or uninformed, it just means that she has different beliefs than you. is that so bad? no. people have different views and beliefs - it happens. maybe you don't agree with them, but no amount of criticism is going to change that. if she made the same comment about you being liberal then you would be furious, you're just mad because she's voting against the party you're for. you know i love ya cece, but really, get over it.

No.  Republicans are actually wrong.  Sorry.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2004, 07:18:21 pm »
Quote from: "Grakthis"

i never claimed to agree with republicans or try to dispute that they're wrong, i was just saying that maybe holly has a reason for voting for bush other than the ones cece was ranting about, and maybe cece was being a bit immature by assuming that those were the only reasons holly could ever vote for him.

LimeTwister

« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2004, 08:22:30 pm »

I think CeCe's point is, and it seems to be true, that Holly has yet to come here and defend her vote.  Now, she doesn't have to tell why, but just saying who you're for helps no one out--unless you tell why.  I don't think CeCe is just mad because Holly is voting Bush--I think she is mad because she gave no reason for doing so.  Yes, beliefs may be different, but, in many cases, the conservatives lack in reasoning to vote Bush.  Americans do lack the intelligence to see what has happened in the past four years, under this dictatorial-esqe rule.  And, I don't think CeCe would be 'furious' if someone attacked her for not responding...She might be if she responded and then was attacked for being liberal.  There is a difference.

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2004, 08:58:48 pm »
Quote from: "LimeTwister"

I think CeCe's point is, and it seems to be true, that Holly has yet to come here and defend her vote.  Now, she doesn't have to tell why, but just saying who you're for helps no one out--unless you tell why.  I don't think CeCe is just mad because Holly is voting Bush--I think she is mad because she gave no reason for doing so.  Yes, beliefs may be different, but, in many cases, the conservatives lack in reasoning to vote Bush.  Americans do lack the intelligence to see what has happened in the past four years, under this dictatorial-esqe rule.  And, I don't think CeCe would be 'furious' if someone attacked her for not responding...She might be if she responded and then was attacked for being liberal.  There is a difference.

...except that holly doesn't have to answer if she doesn't want to. she may have good sound reason for voting for bush, and she doesn't have to answer just because you or someone else wants her to. she doesn't owe it to us if she doesn't want to, so i don't see why anyone would really has a reason for getting upset over it. maybe it's just me...

BWilli

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2004, 06:14:06 am »
I think PIB gets the award for the worse sig ever.....

that's just plain wrong, comparing Bush to a Nazi...

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2004, 10:12:40 am »

i never claimed to agree with republicans or try to dispute that they're wrong, i was just saying that maybe holly has a reason for voting for bush other than the ones cece was ranting about, and maybe cece was being a bit immature by assuming that those were the only reasons holly could ever vote for him.

There's only 2 reasons to vote for Bush.

1) You like being wrong.
2) You're insane.
3) You hate democrats

that's three reasons.

There are Three reasons to vote for bush

1) You like being wrong.
2) You're insane.
3) You hate democrats
4) You like the word STRATEGERY

4! There are 4 REASONS to vote for bush

1) You like being wrong.
2) You're insane.
3) You hate democrats
4) You like the word STRATEGERY
5) You're drunk

Oh damn.  I'll start over.....
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

---Andrew

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2004, 10:15:10 am »

...except that holly doesn't have to answer if she doesn't want to. she may have good sound reason for voting for bush, and she doesn't have to answer just because you or someone else wants her to. she doesn't owe it to us if she doesn't want to, so i don't see why anyone would really has a reason for getting upset over it. maybe it's just me...

I would like to throw in a point here, and say that POLLS SHOW that a SIGNIFICANTLY higher % of the people voting for Bush DO NOT ACTUALLY KNOW HIS POSITION ON ISSUES than the people voting for Kerry.

In fact, the same study showed that people voting for Bush knew MORE about Kerry's stances than Bush's.

This is because a LOT of people are BLINDLY voting for Bush because 1) their parents are 2) Blind republican support 3) Blind desire to see the economy continue to improve and 4) They fall for the "patriotism" propoganda.

---Andrew

BWilli

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2004, 10:30:41 am »

Dems aren't perfect/right either

especially when the main Dem running for pres. can't make up his mind on any issue....

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2004, 11:54:43 am »

I would like to throw in a point here, and say that POLLS SHOW that a SIGNIFICANTLY higher % of the people voting for Bush DO NOT ACTUALLY KNOW HIS POSITION ON ISSUES than the people voting for Kerry.

In fact, the same study showed that people voting for Bush knew MORE about Kerry's stances than Bush's.

This is because a LOT of people are BLINDLY voting for Bush because 1) their parents are 2) Blind republican support 3) Blind desire to see the economy continue to improve and 4) They fall for the "patriotism" propoganda.

that's nice, but it still doesn't mean she has to answer....i dunno, it's just my opinion, but really...it's a message board, she can answer if she wants to, but i dont' see why people should be all "you have to answer" even if she doesn't want to. really, it's no ones business. all she was doing was answering the poll question, which didn't require or ask for a reason, just simply who she was voting for.

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2004, 01:26:23 pm »
Quote from: "BWilli"

Dems aren't perfect/right either

especially when the main Dem running for pres. can't make up his mind on any issue....

People who make this accusation should shampoo my crotch.

It's like the stupid fuckers who listen to meatloaf then say "He'd do anything for love, but he won't do what?!?"

IF YOU ACTUALLY PAID ANY FUCKING ATTENTION TO ANYTHING YOU WOULD REALIZE THIS IS A HOLLOW ACCUSATION.

---Andrew

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2004, 01:27:14 pm »
that's nice, but it still doesn't mean she has to answer....i dunno, it's just my opinion, but really...it's a message board, she can answer if she wants to, but i dont' see why people should be all "you have to answer" even if she doesn't want to. really, it's no ones business. all she was doing was answering the poll question, which didn't require or ask for a reason, just simply who she was voting for.

Never said it DID.  I was just pointing out that a fairly high % of republicans really don't have a SOUND reason for voting for him.

---Andrew

jessica73

• You aren't tryin'
    • MSN Messenger - cloud_strife_73@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - bluedragonrider1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/dragonknight337/
« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2004, 01:37:36 pm »
Quit hating on my friend Cece  :(
Starbuck is mai waifu