Author Topic: All Things "Rabbits on the Run" Due: 06.21.11 -- Now 7.26.11?  (Read 342551 times)

lydia

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
Re: "Rabbits on the Run" Thread
« Reply #495 on: February 21, 2011, 07:38:33 am »
Then I thought, hmmm, Irv gotti, Vanessa Carlton; and immediately thought of that song she played on Gotti's Way. Imagine, that would just be amazing.

If that song is on the album I might die. Litterally. But I'm afraid it won't (okay, good for me, this way I'll stay alive :)) because I believe she wrote the whole record after writing first "London". Won't lose any hope though :)

Yeah, I think she said that London was the first song she wrote for the record.
So I doubt that we'll see any old songs like the one from the Gotti's Way TV show.  :(

bumblebee429

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: February 21, 2011, 02:07:22 pm »
Anywho, I can't wait for the album..I still haven't listened to any of the live recordings yet..saving myself for the whole thing!!! <33 (maybe that's why I'm not so bothered about this lol)..fingers crossed it'll get released CD-form in Australia too!!!
Yay a fellow Aussie :D I'm planning on getting the CD and vinyl imported over! If you're worried about expensive shipping costs we could always combine shipping :)

I haven't listened to any of the recent live recordings yet either... but I think I might give in when I get home from work - I'd love to hear the new versions of London, Bride and Carousel from Sunset Sessions. But I'm not going to listen to Get Good until we get the album version.

Sarah xx

mysticalmists

• Make me high on lullabies
  • LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGIN.
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: February 21, 2011, 06:57:33 pm »
Anywho, I can't wait for the album..I still haven't listened to any of the live recordings yet..saving myself for the whole thing!!! <33 (maybe that's why I'm not so bothered about this lol)..fingers crossed it'll get released CD-form in Australia too!!!
Yay a fellow Aussie :D I'm planning on getting the CD and vinyl imported over! If you're worried about expensive shipping costs we could always combine shipping :)

I haven't listened to any of the recent live recordings yet either... but I think I might give in when I get home from work - I'd love to hear the new versions of London, Bride and Carousel from Sunset Sessions. But I'm not going to listen to Get Good until we get the album version.

Sarah xx
Haha, awesomeness!! :D Australians FTW! I'm not too worried about the shipping though - it's more that I'd just LOVE to actually physically see a row of V's albums on the shelves in music stores and things, rather than get buy it online :P

So will the record come out on vinyl and CD, do we think?

Also, don't you think it's so amazing that V got to work with artists that she loves? Like she was saying, Doves is her favourite band, and she loves My Morning Jacket..she's so lucky!!! It's going to be an amazing album.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 07:04:23 pm by mysticalmists »

bumblebee429

• View Profile
« Reply #498 on: February 21, 2011, 07:20:09 pm »
Haha, awesomeness!! :D Australians FTW! I'm not too worried about the shipping though - it's more that I'd just LOVE to actually physically see a row of V's albums on the shelves in music stores and things, rather than get buy it online :P

I agree - whenever I'm in a CD store I always check if they have any of the albums, just cos I love seeing copies sitting there! I see BNN quite a lot, but have never seen Harmonium or H&T.

I really hope the album comes out on both CD and vinyl. I collect vinyls from my favourite artists, and it'd be really nice to add a second one to my VC vinyls (the White Houses one is getting very loney...). I know Vanessa said on Twitter something about printing to vinyl and loving "those little black circles" or something. So I really really hope it happens!

Sarah xx

04jhowarth

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #499 on: February 21, 2011, 09:57:09 pm »
VanessaCarlton Vanessa Carlton   
something's happening at vanessacarlton.com
Thanks, James.

www.YouTube.com/04jhowarth < Vanessa goodies!

ManuelD

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: February 21, 2011, 10:24:08 pm »

I agree - whenever I'm in a CD store I always check if they have any of the albums, just cos I love seeing copies sitting there! I see BNN quite a lot, but have never seen Harmonium or H&T.

I really hope the album comes out on both CD and vinyl. I collect vinyls from my favourite artists, and it'd be really nice to add a second one to my VC vinyls (the White Houses one is getting very loney...). I know Vanessa said on Twitter something about printing to vinyl and loving "those little black circles" or something. So I really really hope it happens!

Sarah xx

After watching the video I think she was referring to the recording tape rolls and not vinyl records.

cassiemoy

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #501 on: February 21, 2011, 10:55:01 pm »
I would love nothing more than to see her have success. I don't even care if she puts out a "sell out" song (as long as the album isn't the same). She deserves success & recognition and I say it's about time she gets it. Every album she releases gets excellent reviews. She just needs better promotion and management.

I'm now used to the fact that she'll never have mainstream success again (unless she changes her sound), but I still think she should be recognised in the industry (Grammy awards, etc).

She just needs to perform on one high profile show and her profile will shoot up and the rest is up to her.

oh me too.

i want this album to blow up. a wistful, earnest little album that takes the world by storm. or i want this to be everyone's secret favorite album. an underground darling. or something.
formerly fish_for__stars.

04jhowarth

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
    • Email
I have the Rabbits On The Run video!
« Reply #502 on: February 21, 2011, 11:40:48 pm »
Okay, so here's the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nDq_l-DalU

I know it's already on the website, but I wanted to put it on YouTube just in case it's taken down when the website is fully working. If anyone wants the video for themselves...tough!

LOL joking, but if you do want the video, then just tell me where one can upload it and then it'll be accessible for the world! woohoo!
Thanks, James.

www.YouTube.com/04jhowarth < Vanessa goodies!

KULPDOGG

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
Re: I have the Rabbits On The Run video!
« Reply #503 on: February 22, 2011, 12:12:08 am »
Okay, so here's the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nDq_l-DalU

I know it's already on the website, but I wanted to put it on YouTube just in case it's taken down when the website is fully working. If anyone wants the video for themselves...tough!

LOL joking, but if you do want the video, then just tell me where one can upload it and then it'll be accessible for the world! woohoo!

I already uploaded the video, it's in the website thread.
I have the original file, high quality.

Rabbits_on_the_run

• View Profile
« Reply #504 on: February 22, 2011, 12:44:45 am »
I want it to do just well enough to tell Ron Fair, Stephan Jenkins, Irv Gotti what she can do alone. And show them what they've lost. And of course she needs a Grammy :)

bumblebee429

• View Profile
« Reply #505 on: February 22, 2011, 03:08:08 am »
After watching the video I think she was referring to the recording tape rolls and not vinyl records.

My heart just sank :(

But I went back and found her tweet...

Quote from: Vanessa
Bck 2 england sept 6th. We print to vinyl. Bless those black circles.

Unless the tape is made out of vinyl...? I really have no clue about these things.
Anyway, if that's what she's referring to, wouldn't you call them "reels", not "circles"?

I really really hope that she meant that the album would be released on vinyl. Based on the feel of this album so far, it feels apt to do so!

Sarah xx

Rabbits_on_the_run

• View Profile
« Reply #506 on: February 22, 2011, 03:10:27 am »
This album will probably will be released on both vinyl AND CD format.

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: February 22, 2011, 03:12:06 am »
Vinyl or not, I am excited. Everything just feels alive now, especially with the videos. It just signifies that V is working her butt off while she's been under cover.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

Weisz

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: February 22, 2011, 05:37:37 am »
I'm one of those who think that nothing could ever top Harmonium, but with the new video and the tease of some of the studio songs, I'm seriously having second thoughts. I'm so, so excited and moved, like i've never been.
It's just me....and a drum. brmbrmbrmbrmbrbbrbrbrmmm

Still stars through a window, will they ever know this madness, madness of the

TRINIST

• Your true colors shown
  • Perfect hair, perfect heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: February 22, 2011, 05:41:45 am »
I'm one of those who think that nothing could ever top Harmonium, but with the new video and the tease of some of the studio songs, I'm seriously having second thoughts. I'm so, so excited and moved, like i've never been.

Exactly this for me too  ;D