Other Topics > Other Musicians

What is the last song you listened to?

<< < (21/23) > >>

sabasaba:

--- Quote from: Rabbits_on_the_run on February 14, 2011, 06:40:14 am ---
--- Quote from: OPENROAD on January 29, 2011, 07:33:55 pm ---KT Tunstall- Other Side Of The World

Starting to get into her music, any fans here?

--- End quote ---

Me :) even if disappointed be her latest effort.

--- End quote ---

KT's pretty good! I'd say I'm a fan.

sabasaba:

--- Quote from: sarab on February 13, 2011, 02:42:00 pm ---
--- Quote from: Saba on February 13, 2011, 01:42:27 pm ---I love this thread.

'Rave On (feat. Zooey Deschanel)' - M. Ward

Totally off-topic, but any She & Him fans here?

--- End quote ---

just started to check them out.  I'm in love with Zooey's voice buuuut...not sure I'm a fan of the overall sound they've got going.  Though I will admit, I haven't given them a fair shot, I've only listened to them on Pandora and they mix in other bands, so I don't have a comprehensive view of them.

--- End quote ---

I guess it's an acquired taste - though their second record is way better than their first. Listen to 'Black Hole', 'Why Do You Let Me Stay Here?', 'Sentimental Heart' and 'This Is Not a Test' from Volume One and 'Don't Look Back', 'Ridin' In My Car' and 'Lingering Still' from Volume Two! They really grow on you. I can't remember the last time I started my morning without Volume Two playing on repeat in the background.

OPENROAD:
Sinead ( pronounced - Shin-aid ) McNally -  Moody Blues

Just heard this song on the car radio earlier this evening, kind of catchy piano melody. Don't know much about the artist except what I read online,pianist singer songwriter, she is Irish from a town called Dundalk, about an hour away from me in Dublin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgYJ1aUwbWA

[sobriquet]:
She sounds like Regina Spektor to me in that song for me.  :)

OPENROAD:

--- Quote from: [sobriquet] on March 15, 2011, 01:06:43 am ---She sounds like Regina Spektor to me in that song for me.  :)

--- End quote ---

Seems a really nice girl, sent her friend request on facebook(she is excepting them) and a message complementing the song and she sent a message back which I thought was really nice  :) unusual song for an Irish artist, you don't tend to hear many female artists who play piano, so hope it does well for her, I like the melody more than anything else.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version