Author Topic: Article: Giant Magazine  (Read 31631 times)

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
Article: Giant Magazine
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2007, 06:49:32 am »
Am I the only one wondering what the whole Desert Rose thing is about? It seems like that is the title of the article! I'm wondering if it's the name of one of her new songs, or if they just thought it sounded like a good header for the style of pictures? Idk. Weird.

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2007, 07:08:44 am »
Quote from: "NoelleNC"
Am I the only one wondering what the whole Desert Rose thing is about? It seems like that is the title of the article! I'm wondering if it's the name of one of her new songs, or if they just thought it sounded like a good header for the style of pictures? Idk. Weird.

I was wondering that from the first time I saw the article posted...

amberbeads

• AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2007, 08:20:52 am »
it probably refers to something they discuss in the article, or perhaps a way she describes herself.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

Jophess

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2007, 08:53:58 am »
Or maybe she's covering the Sting song on HaT? haha
Joe

tylor2000

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2007, 09:43:00 am »
To tell you the truth, the first thing that popped into my head was Arizona; since she goes there every year.  But that can't be correct.

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2007, 08:17:45 pm »
Quote from: "Jophess"

Eee, I hope she's not covering that song. I didn't like the original!

I hope if she does a cover song that it's a Stevie Nicks song and I always hoped it would be Edge of Seventeen... then awhile back someone said she covered it live. I'm not sure if that's true bc I never heard anything else about it. But I'd love to hear her version of that song. It reminds me of something V would sing if given the opportunity :)

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shannonthomas.net
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2007, 10:54:35 pm »

I hope if she does a cover song that it's a Stevie Nicks song and I always hoped it would be Edge of Seventeen... then awhile back someone said she covered it live. I'm not sure if that's true bc I never heard anything else about it. But I'd love to hear her version of that song. It reminds me of something V would sing if given the opportunity :)

Dude!  I've been thinking about covering that song!  It's a good one.
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy
:: shannonthomas.net ::

Jophess

• View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2007, 08:21:49 am »
Quote from: "PianoGirl4444"

Desert Rose or Edge of Seventeen? No offense, Shannon, but I can't see you doing Edge of Seventeen and doing it justice. It's probably because I would be reminded of Lindsay Lohan covering the song and would just get all bitter and angry.
But if you did Desert Rose, I can totally see that. For some reason.
Joe

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shannonthomas.net
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2007, 10:58:06 am »

Desert Rose or Edge of Seventeen? No offense, Shannon, but I can't see you doing Edge of Seventeen and doing it justice. It's probably because I would be reminded of Lindsay Lohan covering the song and would just get all bitter and angry.

I hate Sting.  I was talking about Edge of Seventeen.  And you might be surprised - I seem to do Heart's "Magic Man" justice.   :wink:
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy
:: shannonthomas.net ::

Jophess

• View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2007, 12:08:53 pm »

I hate Sting.  I was talking about Edge of Seventeen.  And you might be surprised - I seem to do Heart's "Magic Man" justice.   :wink:

Hmm... if you reworked the song and did it P/V, then I can see it working. I'll try and forget about Lindsay.

And I'd love to see you do "Magic Man", haha. Heart is awesome. That's a really high-register song, though.
Joe

cassiemoy

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2007, 02:21:53 pm »
=] so i got my hands on a copy of the mag. i lied. i didn't go giantmag's store. you guys can also get it from Barnes&Nobles, and it's under the entertainment in the magazine section.

desert rose is indeed the title, not a cover. =]

and just zomg, she looks so beautiful. and she sounds kind of cynical, especially about love. =[ poor v.

a song "more than this" is mentioned, is that something i haven't heard about or a retitling?
formerly fish_for__stars.

NolitaFairytale

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2007, 02:28:40 pm »
Quote from: "fish_for__stars"
=] so i got my hands on a copy of the mag. i lied. i didn't go giantmag's store. you guys can also get it from Barnes&Nobles, and it's under the entertainment in the magazine section.

and just zomg, she looks so beautiful. and she sounds kind of cynical, especially about love. =[ poor v.

a song "more than this" is mentioned, is that something i haven't heard about or a retitling?

Ahh really?? I haven't heard of that! What does it say?

cassiemoy

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2007, 02:35:08 pm »
Quote from: "NolitaFairytale"

do you mean about the song?

NolitaFairytale

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2007, 02:38:37 pm »

Yesh I do :nod:.

cassiemoy

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2007, 02:50:01 pm »

Yesh I do :nod:.

sorry, i'm a little discombobulated today. i doubt i spelled that right.

but here:

In the song "More Than This", from her upcoming album Heroes & Thieves, Carlton uses the desert as the backdrop for her musings on a turbulent and ultimately doomed love affair. "I was in a relationship, and I [felt like] when you're with someone else, they can never have enough. It's like they don't realize that if they wanted to declare peace, it would just be peaceful. The song is saying how you could experience euphoria if, in this moment, you decided that you didn't need any more than this. But I don't know... Maybe it's hard to actively make that decision."

yes, i think the title of the article is also derived from this.[/i]