Author Topic: Western Carolina University - 02.14.2011 (review)  (Read 27864 times)

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
Western Carolina University - 02.14.2011 (review)
« on: February 14, 2011, 08:55:56 pm »
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!   AMAZING.  Lover her.  and yeah, she did mess up, but she's V, it didn't matter!  I don't know where to start sooo... No update on when the album will be released.  There were about 25 people who got to eat dinner with her, and do a meet and greet all from the school there.  I talked with a few of the girls and they did not get any info from her (or try, they probably didn't even know there was a fourth album!)  One girl said V seemed really shy and tired.  I stayed about an hour after the show but didn't see her leave, I think she snuck out somewhere since she already did the pre show meet and greet.  She debuted a new song called Get Good (I will have video soon, I may not get it uploaded tonight, I have to get up really early tomorrow)  and who ever said they thought I don't want to be a Bride would have the childrens choir in it called it because Ari, the guitarist, did back up vocals on it for the show and it sounded great!!  
Here is what she played

Hands on Me
Heros and Thieves*
I don't want to be a Bride*
Fair Weather Friends*
London*
Carousel*
Get Good*
Who's to Say
White Houses
Half a Week before the Winter
(encore)
A Thousand Miles
Home*
 (* are ones with video)
It was your typical college crowd who wanted to see a free concert and who only knew ATM (and maybe WH), besides a few girls that I met up with waiting for the show (at 530).  They are not Nessaholics but I made sure to hand out lots of flyers for the nessaholics website.  They did not allow video recording so I had to put my camcorder back in the car (and thanks to the girlies who held my place in line!)  I did get my Flip in and recorded some songs, but since I had limited battery and time, I did not record all of the songs (just an intro so I could remember the set list!) At about the second to last song, a very rude girl had made it to the front with some girls who were already there and booted me out of my spot, so I couldn't see V's beautiful face anymore :(  I guess I'm just glad she showed up at the end!  I hope to have the videos up soon, I will try my best friends!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 10:57:17 pm by eclv »
~Sara~

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Western Carolina University - 02.14.2011 *rescheduled from 01.10.11*
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 08:59:16 pm »
p.s. sorry ahead oftime if you can hear me singing or yelling or whatever because  I couldn't contain myself!  Also, there is lots of talking on the videos :(  Typical!
~Sara~

KULPDOGG

• View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 09:00:50 pm »
Thanks for checking in! great to hear the name of a new song.
shame about the not getting the whole songs thing, but that's ok, glad you were able to go!!
That's awesome, I would've loved to hear the backing vocals, and new song of course =P

TRINIST

• Your true colors shown
  • Perfect hair, perfect heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 09:02:38 pm »
don't worry sarab! thanks for getting videos and keeping us updated. cant wait to hear the new tune! :)

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 09:03:00 pm »
Glad you had a good time. Shame about the audience.

Did you enjoy "Get Good"?

OPENROAD

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 09:06:07 pm »
Hey Sara, thanks for the report, delighted you had a great time  :), sounds like it was amazing, great to hear she did a new song, pity she did not mention a release date, I really do hope we find out soon, hopefully she will post a twitter/facebook update.

What was the new song like, is it similar to anything she has already done.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 09:08:19 pm by OPENROAD »
Never too late to change the pace
oh how the days creep up on you
but the goodness is something you don't have to chase
cause its following you

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 09:08:16 pm »
Thanks for everything! And you've got Fair-Weather Friends and Get Good! That's awesome!

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 09:10:13 pm »
I need help!!  Where do you all want me to upload this to?  How about I email the videos to someone who can do it?? Private Message me if you want to help me.  I'm not as media savvy as some of you on here!
~Sara~

KULPDOGG

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2011, 09:11:44 pm »
I'm curious as to if she announced the name, did she say fair-weathered friends, or fair-weather friends? =P lol, seriously, I'm very curious.

KULPDOGG

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2011, 09:12:43 pm »
I need help!!  Where do you all want me to upload this to?  How about I email the videos to someone who can do it?? Private Message me if you want to help me.  I'm not as media savvy as some of you on here!

I can help in anyway I can. I will be awake all night, I woke up at 7:30 PM today, lol.
email anything to kulpdogg@gmail.com I will be happy to help, and make sure it gets done fast!

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2011, 09:15:17 pm »
Get Good is actually not like anything she'd done before!! She didn't play piano the entire song, it was just Ari on the guitar, and it did have a different sound to it but I can't describe it!  I couldn't tell if she said weather or weathered we will have to analyze!  Speaking of which, I was wrong about my thoughts on Carousel, but I should have known! Hehe.
~Sara~

Danny R

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2011, 09:18:42 pm »
Great concert tonight.  Drove up from Atlanta and definitely enjoyed the music.  The venue was a bit lacking... my wife had sprained her foot and we had to sit to the back and side and couldn't see but the top of V's head.  But the sound was great and well worth the trip.

The crowd was definitely one who wanted A Thousand Miles more than anything else, but this was the first time I'd heard many of the 4th album songs and fell in love with them instantly.

Vanessa messed up a few times, but I expected that.  She did it last time I'd seen her at Old Smith's Bar a few years ago too.  It makes her concerts unique and special.  And truthfully if she hadn't stopped playing to fix her own errors nobody would probably have realized she'd played badly.

I can't wait for the new album to be released.  It is going to be fantastic.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2011, 09:22:11 pm »

I can help in anyway I can. I will be awake all night, I woke up at 7:30 PM today, lol.
email anything to kulpdogg@gmail.com I will be happy to help, and make sure it gets done fast!

Thanks Kulp, sent the email now!
~Sara~

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2011, 09:23:49 pm »
Now, Kuld. Go and upload them all. (:  ;)

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

KULPDOGG

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2011, 09:24:44 pm »

Thanks Kulp, sent the email now!

check your email, you made a mistake  :-\