Author Topic: Western Carolina University - 02.14.2011 (review)  (Read 27865 times)

Pushglow

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Re: Western Carolina University - 02.14.2011 *rescheduled from 01.10.11*
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2011, 03:29:36 am »
I can provide a 25Gb web storage if needed. My hoster (OVH) let me have an unlimited traffic on it (well..I paid for that :D). You just have to know how to use a FTP client (such as Filezilla), but it's not very hard.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 03:33:33 am by jérémy »

Weisz

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2011, 04:39:16 am »
You don't have to edit the videos, you can split a single file in multiple .rar files the size you want (example: 1GB file split in 10 parts of 100mb each).
But im gonna say it again, i think dropbox would be what you need to give (us) kulp de files :-)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 04:47:23 am by Weisz »
It's just me....and a drum. brmbrmbrmbrmbrbbrbrbrmmm

Still stars through a window, will they ever know this madness, madness of the

Torey

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2011, 05:23:58 am »
Straight from Tumblr, these are my thoughts on the show:

she's so pretty, and she's so sure

i saw vanessa carlton live last night for the first time. the concert had been a long time coming, as i have been a fan since age twelve, but never had the opportunity to see her until recently. the concert was originally supposed to happen january 10, but got delayed due to weather until february 14.

as much as i love vanessa carlton, i wasn’t too-too excited for the concert. it just didn’t seem real; it seemed too good to be true. until i saw her. i then literally melted where i stood. happy valentine’s day to me.

she’s the most precious sight. she’s short, she’s got porcelain skin, and she’s nothing short of fashionable. she’s stunning, to put it blankly. and you, too, would know if it you saw her, just as soon as you saw her. her eyes are a deep, wise brown; her demeanor shy yet steady. when she talks, she’s nervous, and she said she was nervous to play even her own songs. but there is an undeniable steadiness about her even still. she’s very, very humble, thanking us always when we’d clap, and telling us that we are “lovely.” how could you not love her? she’s precious. and lovely. lovely and precious, through and through.

a lot of people were there to hear a thousand miles and white houses. i love white houses with everything that i am, and on a cloudy day, it’s more common than you think is one of my all-time favorite lines, so much so that i’d consider getting it tattooed on me. but she’s so much more than the totality of these two songs. and had those kids shut up for two seconds to truly listen to the chords, melodies, and life experiences echoing throughout that room, they would’ve known that.

i found myself in awe too many times to count. never in my life have i seen anything more graceful - more connected - than she to the keys of a piano. i found myself tearing up at the whole experience two distinguishable times when i felt her vocals pierce within and soar around me.

and for as shy and nervous as she is, she’s this eloquent beacon; she spoke of relationships that the government and our mothers do not approve of, and the small life moments that we should all “be open to,” like when we’re in a forest and we see a drop of water on a leaf glisten, and it leads us to the false belief of a diamond within reach.

she played a song that she had never played before, and it was a moment for me. i felt proud of her. so, so very proud. she had made a couple mistakes beforehand from being nervous, so that coupled with the fact that it was unfamiliar and vulnerable territory made her nervousness entirely understandable. “i’m just stalling. i’m nervous. this is a living room. right? it’s not a show. this is a living room. i mean, it is a show, but…. it’s a living room.” she overcame it. and when she did, she BECAME it.

i didn’t get to meet her.  no pictures, no audio; it wasn’t allowed, and i wasn’t about to risk being kicked out since i was pretty near the front. there were no autographs. but still, it was one of the best nights of my life. i just stood there, feeling all of these things, and letting myself feel them. and as i was feeling them, i was sorting them all out too, aware of every moment and aware of everything it all meant to me.

it felt like coming home. that might sound weird, but i’ve got a lot of memories wrapped up into this woman’s work (which made me happy when she said something like, “i realize how essential writing records is to my health” [your music is essential to our health too, v]); i’ve got a lot of love for her and her pieces. and the respect i have for her as a person and as a musician? even deeply rooted. i’ll say this: valentine’s day with vanessa carlton made me realize that first true loves - musical and otherwise - never die. thank you for last night, v.

cassiemoy

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2011, 05:38:35 am »
Straight from Tumblr, these are my thoughts on the show:

she's so pretty, and she's so sure

i saw vanessa carlton live last night for the first time. the concert had been a long time coming, as i have been a fan since age twelve, but never had the opportunity to see her until recently. the concert was originally supposed to happen january 10, but got delayed due to weather until february 14.

as much as i love vanessa carlton, i wasn’t too-too excited for the concert. it just didn’t seem real; it seemed too good to be true. until i saw her. i then literally melted where i stood. happy valentine’s day to me.

she’s the most precious sight. she’s short, she’s got porcelain skin, and she’s nothing short of fashionable. she’s stunning, to put it blankly. and you, too, would know if it you saw her, just as soon as you saw her. her eyes are a deep, wise brown; her demeanor shy yet steady. when she talks, she’s nervous, and she said she was nervous to play even her own songs. but there is an undeniable steadiness about her even still. she’s very, very humble, thanking us always when we’d clap, and telling us that we are “lovely.” how could you not love her? she’s precious. and lovely. lovely and precious, through and through.

a lot of people were there to hear a thousand miles and white houses. i love white houses with everything that i am, and on a cloudy day, it’s more common than you think is one of my all-time favorite lines, so much so that i’d consider getting it tattooed on me. but she’s so much more than the totality of these two songs. and had those kids shut up for two seconds to truly listen to the chords, melodies, and life experiences echoing throughout that room, they would’ve known that.

i found myself in awe too many times to count. never in my life have i seen anything more graceful - more connected - than she to the keys of a piano. i found myself tearing up at the whole experience two distinguishable times when i felt her vocals pierce within and soar around me.

and for as shy and nervous as she is, she’s this eloquent beacon; she spoke of relationships that the government and our mothers do not approve of, and the small life moments that we should all “be open to,” like when we’re in a forest and we see a drop of water on a leaf glisten, and it leads us to the false belief of a diamond within reach.

she played a song that she had never played before, and it was a moment for me. i felt proud of her. so, so very proud. she had made a couple mistakes beforehand from being nervous, so that coupled with the fact that it was unfamiliar and vulnerable territory made her nervousness entirely understandable. “i’m just stalling. i’m nervous. this is a living room. right? it’s not a show. this is a living room. i mean, it is a show, but…. it’s a living room.” she overcame it. and when she did, she BECAME it.

i didn’t get to meet her.  no pictures, no audio; it wasn’t allowed, and i wasn’t about to risk being kicked out since i was pretty near the front. there were no autographs. but still, it was one of the best nights of my life. i just stood there, feeling all of these things, and letting myself feel them. and as i was feeling them, i was sorting them all out too, aware of every moment and aware of everything it all meant to me.

it felt like coming home. that might sound weird, but i’ve got a lot of memories wrapped up into this woman’s work (which made me happy when she said something like, “i realize how essential writing records is to my health” [your music is essential to our health too, v]); i’ve got a lot of love for her and her pieces. and the respect i have for her as a person and as a musician? even deeply rooted. i’ll say this: valentine’s day with vanessa carlton made me realize that first true loves - musical and otherwise - never die. thank you for last night, v.

well-said, and you're pretty eloquent yourself.
formerly fish_for__stars.

Jasonm

• Make me high on lullabies
  • A boy of summer gives his first kiss...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2011, 07:23:41 am »
I'm loving the reviews so far! Glad everyone had a nice time!
I can't wait to see the videos. So exciting :)

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2011, 12:46:52 pm »
Thanks for the feedback everyone!!
It's too bad she didn't mention a release date for the upcoming album.
Cannot wait to see these sarab videos (thanks to you as well!).
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2011, 01:19:30 pm »
videos, videos, videos, pleaaaase

Pushglow

• View Profile
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 02:58:29 pm by jérémy »

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2011, 02:50:28 pm »
videos, videos, videos, pleaaaase

I know, right? But we've got to be patient. (:

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

Zé Vitor

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2011, 03:06:01 pm »
I NEED to listen to something new, can't wait 'til Get Good audio is avaiable, thanks for those who filmed almost the entire show, u'r great guys!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 03:14:01 pm by Zé Vitor »

Weisz

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2011, 03:39:05 pm »
Some nice photos by Jarett Frazier:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/40217091@N03/sets/72157625999440084/

Awesome pics! The meet and greet pics are kinda funny....and she just stoods there lmao!
It's just me....and a drum. brmbrmbrmbrmbrbbrbrbrmmm

Still stars through a window, will they ever know this madness, madness of the

lavender skies

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2011, 03:48:15 pm »
she looks great in that jacket!

OPENROAD

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2011, 04:01:27 pm »

Love the middle photo. She has a beautiful warm smile  :)

She looks fantastic in the meet and greet photos
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 04:04:40 pm by OPENROAD »
Never too late to change the pace
oh how the days creep up on you
but the goodness is something you don't have to chase
cause its following you

Jasonm

• Make me high on lullabies
  • A boy of summer gives his first kiss...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2011, 04:08:35 pm »

Love the middle photo. She has a beautiful warm smile  :)

She looks fantastic in the meet and greet photos

I totally agree!!

TRINIST

• Your true colors shown
  • Perfect hair, perfect heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2011, 05:40:16 pm »
Love the photos! I wish she told us something new about the album :( Any update on the videos? I'm so excited lol :)