Other Topics > Other Musicians

Brandi Carlile

(1/11) > >>

eclv:
I first found out about her in September when Kristin Hoffmann opened for her in Boulder. I had seen her name floating around MySpace and finally picked up her CD in December. I saw her on Friday in SF (which sold out btw)and she's really great. It's almost too country for me but there's just something about her music. Oh and she plays guitar.

Authentic. That's the first word that springs to mind when you encounter Brandi Carlile. From her rootsy bell-clear voice to the palpable emotion that seeps through every song on her stunning debut album, everything about this 23-year-old from rural Washington state is the real deal.

Growing up in the isolated foothills of Ravensdale, 50 miles outside of Seattle, Carlile turned to music for company. "Ravensdale wasn't a town," she says. "We were the only house around for acres and acres. Being in the middle of nowhere, it wasn't the kind of place you brought friends back to, so I just hung around the woods and built forts and played music with my brother and sister. That's all we did. And we thought that's what everyone else in the world did, too."

Full Bio

Be sure to check out her MySpace and tell me what you think. I really like (from the player) "Throw It All Away."

ILoveHanson:
i saw her open for hanson in cali in oct of 2004.. she was pretty good. but she covered hallelujah and like, everyoneee covers that.

eclv:
I have heard someone else mention that. I have actually never heard anyone else do it. I think she did a fine job.

Here are my pictures from the show.

eclv:
May 13th GAMH- SF!! Very excited, who wants to go?

Tickets go on sale March 19th!

HappyZen:
wow Let ..

i'm enjoying fall apart again!!

usually .. I have to "get used to" artists .. but she's just so fluid!!

Very nice!

Thanks!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version