Author Topic: Vanessa Opening for Stevie on Australia/New Zealand Tour  (Read 22111 times)

Gina

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
Vanessa Opening for Stevie on Australia/New Zealand Tour
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2005, 09:50:45 am »
I sense that this news will make a few people very happy :D

Awesome though.
Gina
.She'd do anything to sparkle in his eye.

bluebutterfly

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/jesster22
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2005, 06:35:55 pm »
I doubt V would play new songs at the tour here though....nobody even knows that Harmonium exists, so I reckon it'd be mostly things off that and BNN.  

And I wanna find out how much it is... I hope she does some solo promo stuff, but I doubt that would happen either.

_Ben

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2005, 03:43:34 am »
^i think she will play new songs (i hope!)

And yeh it will probably be a lot of BNN, but it will be interesting to see what she says before she plays songs of Harmonium (because it wasnt released)

Ticketek should release the prices soon!

The perth concert (with john farnham and v) tickets range from $99 - $180.....so im guessing the concerts with just V and steviw will be about $70 - $150?

missbehavior

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2005, 04:24:56 am »
I imagine the prices will be the same over here, maybe more.

Quote from: "bluebutterfly"
I doubt V would play new songs at the tour here though....nobody even knows that Harmonium exists, so I reckon it'd be mostly things off that and BNN.  

And I wanna find out how much it is... I hope she does some solo promo stuff, but I doubt that would happen either.
I think she'll play a set she's comfortable with - which to me doesn't suggest BNN. If I were her, I'd be looking for an opportunity to expose people to her new music. Why play old songs if you have new ones? ESPECIALLY when you'll try and sell the public those new songs next year.

Unless she has a new album out in time for this tour next year, she won't do solo promo. There'll be a chance of one club show, though. Like Simple Plan did when they came with Green Day, Kaiser Chiefs are doing with Foo Fighters, and MCR are doing with the Green Day tour.

As for signing...well she's playing arenas, and there isn't really a 'stage' door - well in Melbourne anyway. It'll be pretty hard, you know. I'm excited though, I'll most likely get a photo pass, and have been promised any interviews with Vanessa that come up for the few mags I write for :D

HappyZen

• VCUBs
  • I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
  • Fell off the ass end of the world.
    • MSN Messenger - youfoundzen@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2005, 08:14:05 pm »
Quote from: "missbehavior"

I think she'll play a set she's comfortable with - which to me doesn't suggest BNN. If I were her, I'd be looking for an opportunity to expose people to her new music. Why play old songs if you have new ones? ESPECIALLY when you'll try and sell the public those new songs next year.

Unless she has a new album out in time for this tour next year, she won't do solo promo. There'll be a chance of one club show, though. Like Simple Plan did when they came with Green Day, Kaiser Chiefs are doing with Foo Fighters, and MCR are doing with the Green Day tour.

As for signing...well she's playing arenas, and there isn't really a 'stage' door - well in Melbourne anyway. It'll be pretty hard, you know. I'm excited though, I'll most likely get a photo pass, and have been promised any interviews with Vanessa that come up for the few mags I write for :D

are you coming to Sydney then?
$150 .. and I don't even like Stevie Nicks .. I don't know .. If you come down i'll go .. otherwise .. most likely then .. not really .. even though I've been waiting for SO SO long ..

esta vida es un sueño y soñaré
~*~save the uni

Gren

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2005, 09:36:30 pm »
OH. MY. GOD!!!!
is there a way we nessa holics can meet her at the sydney show?
or meet up even?!?!
i am about to explode with sheer joy!!!!

_Ben

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2005, 11:54:37 pm »
Quote from: "HappyZen"

are you coming to Sydney then?
$150 .. and I don't even like Stevie Nicks .. I don't know .. If you come down i'll go .. otherwise .. most likely then .. not really .. even though I've been waiting for SO SO long ..

I wish Ticketek would release prices for the Newcastle show.

Where did it say that the sydney concert was $150?

HappyZen

• VCUBs
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2005, 01:55:03 am »
just go to ...

http://www.sydentcent.com.au/index.cfm?s=content&p=event_detail&event_id=101896

... there's a newcastle show?
I've decided I want to go .. so a meet up would be cool ..

Just for my benifit .. who's over 21?

~*~save the uni

aleera84

• VCUBs
  • OC bitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2005, 04:43:25 pm »
I kind of had to make a choice between this tour and Kelly Clarksons- I chose Kelly  8)
I love Kelly and my fav band is supporting so I might have to wait another 3 years to see Vanessa lol.

Hope everyone who does go has alot of fun  :wink:

HappyZen

• VCUBs
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2005, 09:14:47 pm »
Quote from: "aleera84"
I kind of had to make a choice between this tour and Kelly Clarksons- I chose Kelly  8)
I love Kelly and my fav band is supporting so I might have to wait another 3 years to see Vanessa lol.

who's fronting kelly?

Wanna go? I'll go if you do :-P

~*~save the uni

NESSAussie

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - nessaussie@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mybiopro.com/AU/?ID=harmonium
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2005, 01:50:13 pm »
Quote from: "_Ben"
Tickets are out Tuesday November 15th for anyone interested. Prices haven't been announced yet...

No price could possibly be too much given the wait NESSAussies have endured :P

Jay_Oh

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • MSN Messenger - jen@olson.net.nz
    • AOL Instant Messenger - NZGroovage
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nzgroovage/index.htm/
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2005, 01:59:39 pm »
ahhh, I soooo wanna go but tickets will probably sell out before I have that kinda money (airfare and all) this sucks majorly!!!!!  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

Afterglow: Brazil is a forest... bah....
Gingernut: I didnt know brazil had sheep...

missbehavior

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2005, 12:24:10 am »

who's fronting kelly?

I'LL COME UP!!!!

I'm trying to scam tickets, one of the mags I wrote for said they could probably get me some.

Or I could just pull a contact out of my address book and ask for some :P

_Ben

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2005, 05:23:47 am »
go to http://www.nicksfix.com and click on the fan club presale link to be able to buy your tickets TOMORROW! (well today now....its 12:21am)

aleera84

• VCUBs
  • OC bitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2005, 04:19:04 pm »

who's fronting kelly?

I'LL COME UP!!!!

I'm trying to scam tickets, one of the mags I wrote for said they could probably get me some.

Or I could just pull a contact out of my address book and ask for some :P

Id really like to go because I dont mind Stevie either but Ill have to work something in the $ department  :wink:
It would be great to see you again =)

Rogue Traders are touring with Kelly, they sing Voodoo Child and are fronted by Natalie Bassingthwaite (Izzy from Neighbours).