Author Topic: Slant Magazine Article & Interview...  (Read 9338 times)

Bar

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
Slant Magazine Article & Interview...
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2007, 11:09:38 am »
Quote from: "KULPDOGG"
Quote from: "B"
I like the sound of the two year plan. It makes me wonder if the 5 songs they have as being able to play on the website are the songs they will plan to push in those 2 years.

which songs?

some of us aren't able to see the new website yet

I think it was Spring Street
Nolite Fairytale
and..I can't remember the rest :oops:
fools never ask,afraid what lurks in your mind

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2007, 11:25:26 am »
It was NF, Spring Street, Home, The One, and something else. lol
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2007, 11:36:04 am »
Quote from: "B"
It was NF, Spring Street, Home, The One, and something else. lol

The other one was Hands on Me.  :)
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.

Jophess

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2007, 11:38:01 am »
Quote from: "PutYourHandsOnMe101"
Carlton took a break from rehearsing in Nolita for some upcoming appearances (which are part of what her label promises will be a two-year push for Heroes & Thieves) to talk to me about the new album, her former label, and her "fairy godmother," among other things.

^^^ This, along with the two b-sides, makes me really happy! :D

Amenhallelujjah!

I think the two b-sides will be "Wave Goodbye" and something we've never heard of. Good to hear we'll be getting more songs and that there will be more of a push than we thought.
Joe

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2007, 11:39:44 am »
Quote from: "Jophess"
Quote from: "PutYourHandsOnMe101"
Carlton took a break from rehearsing in Nolita for some upcoming appearances (which are part of what her label promises will be a two-year push for Heroes & Thieves) to talk to me about the new album, her former label, and her "fairy godmother," among other things.

^^^ This, along with the two b-sides, makes me really happy! :D

Amenhallelujjah!

I think the two b-sides will be "Wave Goodbye" and something we've never heard of. Good to hear we'll be getting more songs and that there will be more of a push than we thought.

It might be the other song she wrote with The Matrix, "Under My Skin". Didn't the Matrix co-write Spring Street too? And Linda just produced it or something? I know for a fact she worked on like, 2 or 3 songs with the Matrix awhile back. So we might get those?
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Steveau98
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2007, 03:12:52 pm »
Quote from: "nonotmebob"
ya sounds like it and now

Slant Magazine:Was "Put Your Hands on Me" ultimately deemed too suggestive?

Vanessa Carlton:No, I'm all for that, but another song had come out [with the same title]. Joss Stone has a song called "Put Your Hands on Me."

this makes so much more sense now

I thought that was the reason. I saw Joss singing it and was thinking Vanessa probably had to change the name because Joss' album released first.

remixx

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2007, 03:30:26 pm »
i HATE it when people praise artists like mandy moore and vanessa carlton for not being in the tabloids... it's not like they chose to not be in them... it's not like britney chose to be in them (30 cars are parked outside of her house 24 hours a day)... it's because the general public doesn't care about vanessa or mandy and they won't sell magazines.

vanessa could start going to the hottest hollywood clubs and flashing her privates for months and still no one would care.

Suicidalboobs

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2007, 05:08:22 pm »
yes, but I'm glad she's below the radar.

That was an excellent interview. I loved the Interviewers questions. The two year push and the two b-sides make me all giddy inside.

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - anthony_the_great_g6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mattia1045
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2007, 05:13:47 pm »
glad to read about that Two year push, and about the b-sides!
this is great!!!
Thanks for sharing :D

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone
www.freewebs.com/nessfan12<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

hearingballads

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2007, 07:48:58 pm »
Awesome Awesome interview. Slant Magazines asked great questions. Answered a lot of stuff I've been wanting to know. Guess she won't be working with Stephan anymore. Kind of unfortunate since they have made great songs together. But yea that answer probably not sounds like they've even lost their friendship. And I think it's really cool that she thinks Clinton is brilliant because that's what I think! And it's rare to read such intelligent interviews, not cookie-cutter ones from an artist. And I'm glad she's out of the public eye because I don't think I would want to know what she does outside of music, etc. It's just too much, knowing all that gets kind of creepy.

But yea I really hope the b-sides will include All is Well and Best Behavior though I highly doubt it since ya'll said it's produced by Linda Perry. =(

Are the B-sides going to be on the Newbury pre-ordered cd's?

I love Vanessa! She's so awesome!

Butz

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2007, 07:55:56 pm »
Quote from: "remixx"
i HATE it when people praise artists like mandy moore and vanessa carlton for not being in the tabloids... it's not like they chose to not be in them... it's not like britney chose to be in them (30 cars are parked outside of her house 24 hours a day)... it's because the general public doesn't care about vanessa or mandy and they won't sell magazines.

vanessa could start going to the hottest hollywood clubs and flashing her privates for months and still no one would care.

That's not true.

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - anthony_the_great_g6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mattia1045
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2007, 08:00:44 pm »
Quote from: "Butz"
Quote from: "remixx"

That's not true.

i agree...if Vanessa started 'flashing her privates' im sure the paparazzi would have LOTS to say about it.

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone
www.freewebs.com/nessfan12<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

nolitafairytale2007

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2007, 08:10:50 pm »
Quote from: "hearingballads"
Awesome Awesome interview. Slant Magazines asked great questions.

I agree! It's refreshing to read an interview from someone who is asking good questions! I love it that Slant Magazine did their research and knew what is going on in V's career and could therefore ask different questions. Great interview!
 :D